General Vivo X Fold: tips and tricks

Search This thread

guybrush2099

Apr 19, 2013
Do you know how could I avoid when I change display to the wider one the wallpaper zoom in? Is It possible to keep the correct separate form factors on each display?

shoho80

Sep 10, 2020
OnePlus 5T
Vivo X Fold
A little feedback from my part on this update (android 13). They have made a huge improvement on small window feature. I can now take full advantage of the large screen to play games and watch videos at the same time. Previously, there are so many bugs with this feature that i couldn't even use it. I can basically adjust the size of the window when i need to see things bigger and shrink it when it's not needed. Top down split mode is not there as i previously complained about it in their forum, but the small window feature can make up for that imo. It's not 100% perfect, i still notice some bugs like i can't click near the bottom of the small window. Or the pulldown menu from the top where all the buttons (wifi, data, gps, nfc..) gets overlay with each other. But this issue only occurred to me once. and the screen kept on flickering for some reason. and that also only occurred to me once so far. I restarted the phone, then everything went back to normal. However, Google photos widget is not working properly at the moment. It's not displaying any photos and it says "No account found". Maybe i'll try to uninstall and reinstall later to see if it fix the problem.
1669600498795.png

Smartphoner

I own a Vivo X Fold + and I love it but unfortunately the software drives me
nuts.
I did all the tricks mentioned for notification management but some apps don't alert and show notifications and on the other hand
sometimes the phone rings when there's no notification showing. This really drives me crazy.
The phone is a master piece but
this experience ruins it.
Any advice?

Last edited:

GaresTaylan

Jun 20, 2011
Upgraded to the beta and performed a factory reset. Unable to log in to my vivo account anymore. I get an server error. Anyone else?

Preeth18

Dec 2, 2022
Hi guys recently a proud owner of vivo x fold + and really thank full for everyone here to sort some of my issues. I haven't yet put the sim though trying to get the hang of it have few issues to be sorted
1. You tube full screen video still has the black bands on top and below.. It doesn't take the full screen. Can it be sorted
2 does vivo has private space like what huwaie has.. Can some one elaborate if it can be done?

Smartphoner

Hi guys recently a proud owner of vivo x fold + and really thank full for everyone here to sort some of my issues. I haven't yet put the sim though trying to get the hang of it have few issues to be sorted
1. You tube full screen video still has the black bands on top and below.. It doesn't take the full screen. Can it be sorted
2 does vivo has private space like what huwaie has.. Can some one elaborate if it can be done?
Congratulations for having the best foldable phone till date.
Regarding youtube, if you pinch out the diaplay it will zoom the video and adjust the aspect ratio as you prefer and it's better than having only one option to fill out the whole screen only. By the way it comes out of the box like this with no extra settings if you have the most updated YouTube app.
And for the privacy space it's available in the settings under origin privacy system and you can assign a certain fingerprint to open it directly from the lockscreen. The drawback is that it moves the item from your main space to the privacy space not like Samsung having two separate items of the same app or having a virtual private partition duplicating your data. You can always use any clone app if you wish to duplicate your apps like Parallel space because the original app clone is not supporting any of our usable apps.

Preeth18

Dec 2, 2022
Regarding youtube, if you pinch out the diaplay it will zoom the video and adjust the aspect ratioAnd for the privacy space it's available in the settings under origin privacy system and you can assign a certain fingerprint to open it directly from the lockscreen.
Thnx for a swift reply smart phoner. I'm using a revanced YouTube and not able to get that full screen by pinching out.. Any other way?
Regarding private space like how huwaie has can be it be used with another sim?

Flavio

Which vivo app or service is responsible for closing running apps and/or services?
I have a few apps always running (FairEmail, Tesla, Surfshark, Dropsync), but quite regularly they will stop for no apparent reason and I have to manually start them again.
For all these apps I have enabled Autostart and High Battery Usage.

Preeth18

Dec 2, 2022
Vivo x fold + I'm still with the origin OS. Checked out the trial version which shows open beta but nothing to download
Can any one help me out with this

Attachments

• IMG_20221203_232051_edit_89629514397781.jpg
    IMG_20221203_232051_edit_89629514397781.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20221203_232104_edit_89610570418617.jpg
    IMG_20221203_232104_edit_89610570418617.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 21

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, it seems that I have skipped the last update and got a more recent one. Now all apps can be added to the sidebar and can be put into floating windows, which is just great.
    i went to their forum, nagged about their OS and lacked of multiwindows features and finally they listened.
    Finally successfully root my X Fold.
    System Version is 15.7, here's my original boot.img without patch, hope this is useful to you guys.

And this is the 15.7 OTA package link which I intercept by wireshark.

And is there anyone know how to connect Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 to Vivo X fold?
    Tried for a few hours, but didn't get any solution.

Screenshot_20220624_034222.jpg
    Screenshot_20220624_034154.jpg
    Screenshot_20220624_034125.jpg
    Please share you knowledge/tips/tricks
    images.jpeg
    What needs to happen in order to get an official forum? Is it time? Post interest? World domination?
    Just got my X Fold yesterday in Canada and loving it so far. I have 5G on the videotron network and forced the 5G radio by using the app "ForceLTE" in the Play Store. I previously used this app to enable 5G for my Oppo Find N and it has worked on both phones with China ROM. I change the settings to "NR/LTE/GSM/WCDMA" under set preferred network type. After a few moments I have full 5G signal.

I also have managed to get all notifications working using the methods described by Greggles on YouTube. I noticed that even though notifications were being delivered, that they would not appear on the lockscreen. I isolated the culprit to be "Smart Notifications" under "Notifications and Status Bar". By turning that thing off, all my notifications started to appear on the lockscreen. I also ensured that "Google Basic Service Management" was turned on under "Accounts and Sync" which seemed to also help with notification issues.

Lastly, I followed the steps to set up a Vivo account to set a default launcher from a 3rd party app also outlined by Greggles. I have been using Niagara for quite some time and it scaled beautifully for outer screen and inner screen (see photo).

I can say that I have tried most foldables (Z Fold 1/2/3, Surface Duo 1/2, Oppo Find N), and the X Fold has so far delivered the best experience so far. It was well worth it. Happy to see many others enjoying too!