Question Vivo X Fold VoLTE access in Canada?

Search This thread

Q-Prof

Feb 21, 2011
Vivo X Fold
The Japanese instructions for unlocking the bootloader, rooting with Magisk, and installing the VoLTE enabler module are dated June 26th. If find that date odd. For these instructions to work you would need to have a pre-June version of the firmware, because the June 1st security update removed the unlocking vulnerability that this method relies on. Vivo hasn't added any firmware versions for the Vivo X Note or the Vivo X Fold to its downgrading tool, so if you upgraded (like I did) before using this exploit you are out of luck. The reason I ordered the Xiaomi Mix Fold 2 is that unlike Vivo, Xiaomi allows you to unlock the bootloader, so I will root with Magisk (canary) and install the VoLTE enabler module the Japanese chap used.
Just a statement/open complaint/rant:
Feels bad, people buy the Vivo X Fold and then Vivo removes the unlocking ability, and those that don't have the VoLTE because it is an import are stripped of any possibility of getting it to work. This is how to get rid of global customers and remove future sales, even if the hardware is good quality.

If the phone is being bought by people in other countries, why not allow customers willing to purchase from out of country to fix/update with a working solution. A few talented people go to a lot of trouble to resolve and improve the software of the phone and share with others, only to find Vivo has locked the bootloader. Vivo should at least have some flexibility in allowing us global customers to improve/fix the software issues on the hardware that overseas customers already paid for, so that it works with current carriers/bands/apps.
If a phone company has a great phone with their own country ROM and people globally are willing to buy and try it from another country, ???? why lock it, at least give us access!
Rant over...

At least, as you say, Xiaomi allows this so you can get the VoLTE working with local carriers.
I hope this works out for you frcraig and you are able to get the VoLTE access, as it looks like a sweet sleek phone. When you pull that thing out, everyone will be in awe about it.

Q-Prof

Feb 21, 2011
Vivo X Fold
and the conversation continues in video and in comments .....
import foldables would be far better if they were working globally (VoLTE - Vivo and Google services - Huawei) and Samsung would be forced to be more innovative with their hardware.

rocky272727

Oct 8, 2011
Toronto
Just read updated comments and https://yukimejiyoung.com/vivo-x-fold-volte/
1660966140088.png

Will keep searching if if there is any way to still unlock the Bootloader and wouldn't mind giving this a try.

Reactions: Q-Prof

Q-Prof

Feb 21, 2011
Vivo X Fold
Finally received a response from vivo Customer Care about the VoLTE on the Vivo X Fold:

"Thank you so much for your email and we are sorry for the delayed reply. According to your email, we are sorry for the inconvenience. We appreciate your interest in purchasing our products. We are very sorry to inform you that our service is not available in Canada. Also like to inform you that, all our handsets have not yet been tested to see if data, Volte, and network service is compatible in another country. However, please note that we are still expanding our overseas market, if there is no official store in your country temporarily, we do not suggest you purchase vivo Phones from other channels since it’s inconvenient for you to repair the phone if is damaged. Also, we can not provide any service for other problems. We are not available in Canada right now but don't worry we are take your dimand as a suggestion and forward it to our concern team. Hope they will work on it and you will understand this fact."

So, for Canadians, no VoLTE is a big issue, and they are straight out saying not to get their phone.
Passing on to group, for what it is worth, continued conversation with Vivo Care (which seems to be going nowhere)...

So strange thing, after getting their response... I thought end of discussion.
Nope, they sent me another separate email telling me they were waiting for a response, so I told them:

--------------------
"I already responded on this, after over a week of waiting... on Facebook, then your email showed up. Anyway, thanks for your email response two days ago, I didn't know you wanted a response from your support email answer.

From your recent email you basically told me to not buy your phone (Vivo X Fold) as VoLTE probably won't work with a Canadian carrier (agreed as I already know VoLTE doesn't work here in Canada, what I was hoping for was a solution to solve the VoLTE issue)...

OK, so this left only one choice to purchase here in Canada, I pre-purchased the Samsung Galaxy Fold 4 instead of your Vivo X Fold... actually bought their top watch and ear buds also. I am already told from buyers (read the XDA discussion here) here in Canada, they can't get VoLTE 4G working because Vivo didn't certify with any carriers here.
Vivo could have certified with at least one carrier here in Canada and you would have sold a lot of your phones to compete with the only current Foldable, the Samsung Z Fold 4... even with the Chinese Rom the Vivo is a better phone hardware wise... like you did with T-Mobile in the States, as it works with that carrier... I may still buy the Xiaomi Mix Fold 2, as at least with Xiaomi you can enable the VoLTE here in Canada.

This is a shame, I would have changed carriers if you had at least certified VoLTE with one Canadian carrier, so that I could buy/use your phone with at least one them."
--------------------

Their response again today:

--------------------
"Thanks for your email and we are very sorry for the delayed reply. According to your query, we are sorry for the inconvenience. We are extremely sorry for the situation. We would like to inform you that, we take your demand as a suggestion and forward it to our concern team. Hope they will work on it very soon. Until then please be patient.
Can we help you with any other information?

Look forward to your further response.

Thank you so much for your valuable time and please keep us posted with questions.
vivo Customer Care
www.vivo.com"
--------------------

So for me I am not responding, as it looks like nothing will be done, my patience is all but done, and they are just passing my concerns on to pool of other missed customer concerns. - So much for global customer building and support.

Q-Prof

Feb 21, 2011
Vivo X Fold
Finally received a response from vivo Customer Care about the VoLTE on the Vivo X Fold:

"Thank you so much for your email and we are sorry for the delayed reply. According to your email, we are sorry for the inconvenience. We appreciate your interest in purchasing our products. We are very sorry to inform you that our service is not available in Canada. Also like to inform you that, all our handsets have not yet been tested to see if data, Volte, and network service is compatible in another country. However, please note that we are still expanding our overseas market, if there is no official store in your country temporarily, we do not suggest you purchase vivo Phones from other channels since it’s inconvenient for you to repair the phone if is damaged. Also, we can not provide any service for other problems. We are not available in Canada right now but don't worry we are take your dimand as a suggestion and forward it to our concern team. Hope they will work on it and you will understand this fact."

So, for Canadians, no VoLTE is a big issue, and they are straight out saying not to get their phone.
Update ongoing.... so I got another email from ser[email protected] (looks like another division, not general customer service from before ([email protected] ) but I think technical service, two days ago:

----------------------------
"Dear Customer,
Greetings from Vivo!
We are very sorry for the inconvenience you faced. With reference to your issue regarding Volte services, it is requested you please share your mobile's both IMEI numbers and also share the software version of your phone with us for further assistance. We would appreciate your cooperation.
If you would like to know anything else regarding our Products, do let us know."
So if rocky272727, shoho80, frcraig, or anyone in Canada that has the phone with no VoLTE 4G, who wants to send them the info they are asking for above, who knows... maybe they will oblige with a backdoor fix/update, or possible solution to get you working. - Long shot but hey if someone tries, you never know, they might just help, even if it is someway to get your Rom back to pre June's security update that is blocking the Bootloader from being changed.

Anyway.... I responded:

"I have not purchased the Vivo X Fold phone....
I was reviewing from other people I spoke to in XDA forum in Canada, who already have the phone and with our Canadian carriers, they can not enable VoLTE here in Canada.

I asked if there was a solution to getting the VoLTE working but your customer service has already told me in the last email to just not purchase it.
We found a fix, but your June security patch prevents the bootloader from being unlocked now, so not possible to fix the phone."

They responded earlier today:
"Dear Customer,
Greetings from vivo!
With reference to your query, we have shared the situation with our Developers we hope they will find the solution for VoLTE service in the future. Thank you for the information that you have provided. We appreciate you for your valuable feedback. Thank you for your email.
If you would like to know anything else regarding our products, do let us know."

For what it is worth, just keeping you all updated from what they have sent me from a different division. Sounds like nothing will be done, but maybe with the future Global rom, if there is one, on the future rumored Vivo X Fold S.

For now I am going to have to settle on my Samsung Z Fold 4, I just received, I really need a replacement and can't keep waiting, so have bought into the Samsung fold, watch pro, and buds 2 eco system.

Lol, my attention is somewhat drawn to the Mix 2 though, although at the moment the pros that I see, still out-way the cons against the Mix 2 Fold's full wide form factor/larger screens, thinness, flat folding, battery, and smooth OS overlay... in my humble opinion (I could still return all of it in the next week for full money back).

rocky272727

Oct 8, 2011
Toronto
Update ongoing.... so I got another email from [email protected] (looks like another division, not general customer service from before ([email protected] ) but I think technical service, two days ago:

"Dear Customer,
Greetings from Vivo!
We are very sorry for the inconvenience you faced. With reference to your issue regarding Volte services, it is requested you please share your mobile's both IMEI numbers and also share the software version of your phone with us for further assistance. We would appreciate your cooperation.
If you would like to know anything else regarding our Products, do let us know."
So if rocky272727, shoho80, frcraig, or anyone in Canada that has the phone with no VoLTE 4G, who wants to send them the info they are asking for above, who knows... maybe they will oblige with a backdoor fix/update, or possible solution to get you working. - Long shot but hey if someone tries, you never know, they might just help, even if it is someway to get your Rom back to pre June's security update that is blocking the Bootloader from being changed.

Anyway.... I responded:

"I have not purchased the Vivo X Fold phone....
I was reviewing from other people I spoke to in XDA forum in Canada, who already have the phone and with our Canadian carriers, they can not enable VoLTE here in Canada.

I asked if there was a solution to getting the VoLTE working but your customer service has already told me in the last email to just not purchase it.
We found a fix, but your June security patch prevents the bootloader from being unlocked now, so not possible to fix the phone."

They responded earlier today:
"Dear Customer,
Greetings from vivo!
With reference to your query, we have shared the situation with our Developers we hope they will find the solution for VoLTE service in the future. Thank you for the information that you have provided. We appreciate you for your valuable feedback. Thank you for your email.
If you would like to know anything else regarding our products, do let us know."

For what it is worth, just keeping you all updated from what they have sent me from a different division. Sounds like nothing will be done, but maybe with the future Global rom, if there is one, on the future rumored Vivo X Fold S.

For now I am going to have to settle on my Samsung Z Fold 4, I just received, I really need a replacement and can't keep waiting, so have bought into the Samsung fold, watch pro, and buds 2 eco system.

Lol, my attention is somewhat drawn to the Mix 2 though, although at the moment the pros that I see, still out-way the cons against the Mix 2 Fold's full wide form factor/larger screens, thinness, flat folding, battery, and smooth OS overlay... in my humble opinion (I could still return all of it in the next week for full money back).
Thank you for sharing these details. I have sent them an email with my details on both the email address.

Q-Prof

Feb 21, 2011
Vivo X Fold
Thank you for sharing these details. I have sent them an email with my details on both the email address.
No problem Rocky, great to hear you emailed them. I hope they can support some kind of practical solution for all, starting with you... I mean you have the phone and they should at least try to help.
Anyway, let us know if they are helpful anyway.

rocky272727

Oct 8, 2011
Toronto
Received the below response from Vivo.([email protected]) this looks like a support team from Pakistan

Greetings from vivo!

We are sorry for the inconvenience, please allow me to guide you that issue has already been reported to the team and they are working on it as soon as we get any update will let you know.

If you would like to know anything else regarding our products, do let us know.

Regards,

vivo Customer Care Team

Q-Prof

Feb 21, 2011
Vivo X Fold
Received the below response from Vivo.([email protected]) this looks like a support team from Pakistan

Greetings from vivo!

We are sorry for the inconvenience, please allow me to guide you that issue has already been reported to the team and they are working on it as soon as we get any update will let you know.

If you would like to know anything else regarding our products, do let us know.

Regards,

vivo Customer Care Team
Well, it was worth a try, yes pk is probably that...
lol, in terms of their response, they probably have had a long list of complaints about the same thing. If I had the phone right now, I would press them further to get some kind of solution, and not let them get away with "were working on it... will let you know" and see if they can send you some kind of software solution, even if it is just to drop back the recent patch that locked the bootloader so you can apply that VoLTE fix yourself.

As for the global email, I didn't respond back to them since the last response from them and as they have now told me, as I didn't respond to their last email they sent, they have closed my case... even though the issue was not resolved.

rocky272727

Oct 8, 2011
Toronto
Well, it was worth a try, yes pk is probably that...
lol, in terms of their response, they probably have had a long list of complaints about the same thing. If I had the phone right now, I would press them further to get some kind of solution, and not let them get away with "were working on it... will let you know" and see if they can send you some kind of software solution, even if it is just to drop back the recent patch that locked the bootloader so you can apply that VoLTE fix yourself.

As for the global email, I didn't respond back to them since the last response from them and as they have now told me, as I didn't respond to their last email they sent, they have closed my case... even though the issue was not resolved.
I'll keep following up until they give me a resolution, worth trying.

Also got an email from the Global team and I have provided a response that these steps didn't help.

1. Make sure your SIM card and phone support VoLTE, and it is enabled;

2. Insert your SIM card to another phone which supports VoLTE to check if there is the same issue. If yes, we recommend you ask your carrier whether VoLTE network is covered where you live;

3. Insert another SIM card from the same carrier into your phone to check if there is the same issue. If not, we recommend you change an SIM card;

4. Upgrade your phone to the latest version;

5. Go to Settings>(Dual SIM cards and )Mobile network>APN>Reset to default;

6. Restore(Reset) all settings. Don`t worry, no data or media will be deleted.

Please sahre us after following the instruction your problem is solved or not and from where you have purchased the phone?

Q-Prof

Feb 21, 2011
Vivo X Fold
I'll keep following up until they give me a resolution, worth trying.

Also got an email from the Global team and I have provided a response that these steps didn't help.

1. Make sure your SIM card and phone support VoLTE, and it is enabled;

2. Insert your SIM card to another phone which supports VoLTE to check if there is the same issue. If yes, we recommend you ask your carrier whether VoLTE network is covered where you live;

3. Insert another SIM card from the same carrier into your phone to check if there is the same issue. If not, we recommend you change an SIM card;

4. Upgrade your phone to the latest version;

5. Go to Settings>(Dual SIM cards and )Mobile network>APN>Reset to default;

6. Restore(Reset) all settings. Don`t worry, no data or media will be deleted.

Please sahre us after following the instruction your problem is solved or not and from where you have purchased the phone?
Not sure if you seen this reply from frcraig in another thread about what he found out about the issue.

They need to either provide a way to enable the VoLTE or allow you to unlock the bootloader - which you could then use that VoLTE fix tutorial
Anyway, they are paid to provide support, so hopefully they follow through with some kind help/direction here.

domineus

Jun 16, 2007
I think it is a good idea to email support these issues so then the issue is prioritzed and roadmapped for a fix

frcraig

Jan 3, 2017
Halifax
"Make sure your SIM card supports VoLTE". They don't get it. If our carrier provided SIM cards were provisioned for VoLTE then the options to enable VoLTE would appear in Settings/Mobile Network/SIM, but because Vivo devices have not been 'certified' (paid a certification fee) with Canadian carriers, then VoLTE is not provisioned. Other Chinese phone manufacturers, like Xiaomi, who face the same problem with non certification by Canadian (and some American and European) carriers help their customers by providing a dialing code that once entered into the phone's dialer app disables carrier check thus forcing the VoLTE settings to appear and allowing you to enable VoLTE without support from the carrier provided SIM card. Alternatively they make it simple to unlock your bootlocker and root so that you can enable VoLTE with a Magisk modlule or by editing your build.prop file.

rocky272727

Oct 8, 2011
Toronto
I tried using this code to disable the carrier check Dial * # * # 86583 # * # * and I turned off the switch, nothing works. Also my SIM Telus and Bell supports voLTE

Last edited:

Q-Prof

Feb 21, 2011
Vivo X Fold
I tried using this code to disable the carrier check Dial * # * # 86583 # * # * and I turned of the switch, nothing works. Also my SIM Telus and Bell supports voLTE
Yes, frcraig and I had this discussion in the forum earlier and the dial code with Vivo phones doesn't work, as he already tried... Vivo just needs to certify with at least one Canadian carrier, then at least we could use that carrier, but no, not one, as they are cheap and probably don't think they can sell enough phones over here to make it worth while for them. That is why T-Mobile in the States works, while other US carriers don't.

Reactions: rocky272727

frcraig

Jan 3, 2017
Halifax
Our only solution is root, but with no known exploits post June security update, the bootloader can't be unlocked. I'm in Calgary at the moment, but I had a note from DHL that they have left the Xiaomi Mix Fold 2 on my doorstep in Halifax. If it is still there when I get home next week I'll let you know if I can disable carrier check and get VoLTE on Rogers or Bell.

Q-Prof

Feb 21, 2011
Vivo X Fold
Our only solution is root, but with no known exploits post June security update, the bootloader can't be unlocked. I'm in Calgary at the moment, but I had a note from DHL that they have left the Xiaomi Mix Fold 2 on my doorstep in Halifax. If it is still there when I get home next week I'll let you know if I can disable carrier check and get VoLTE on Rogers or Bell.
Yeah, that block on the bootloader really sucks!
I hope someone can keep your package secure, for when you do get back next week.... Excited for you, as this is a really sweet form factor. It will be great to hear how it goes with the disable carrier check... as you said, this has been done in the past with other Xiaomi phones, hopefully this is still the case... fingers crossed, lol.

As for me, I am just starting to use the Z Fold 4, watch5 pro, and buds2, coming from my previous old phone, lots to enjoy... just not the form factor, but everything else works well so-far, but would rather have the Vivo X or Mix2 form factors. Going to try out one of those Spigen cases, with the hinge protection and pen holder on the side, as the Samsung one with the pen is just not enough.

Anyway, have a safe flight home frcraig, look forward to hearing how it goes with the Mix 2 next week.

Q-Prof

Feb 21, 2011
Vivo X Fold
This is probably the last email from [email protected] They told me they have passed on to developers and they are going to "close" the email case with me... i.e. they are done.... What they said:

-------------------------------------------
"Dear Customer,
Greetings from vivo!
Thank you for contacting us. It is to inform you that Please be assured, that as soon as we get any update from our developers regarding your query, we will let you know about it. However, we have forwarded your suggestion to our developer’s team. We are going to close this conversation. Have a Great Day Ahead.

Note: If you are satisfied with our service and if the information we provide solves your query, please rate our service. You will receive the rating link via our email within 48 hours. By entering the link, you will be able to give your valuable feedback. Your valuable feedback will be very helpful in improving the quality of our customer service.

Thank you so much for your time and please keep us posted with questions.

If you would like to know anything else regarding our Products, do let us know.

Thank you for your email.

Regards,
Uzma Mughal
vivo Customer Care Team"

Oh and they spammed me 16 times with the same message, see attached.

lol, so a customer should be good now, right?.... NO!
I didn't buy the phone, but I know there are several here that have, so I advocate on behalf of them and responded as follows:

"Uzma Mughal,
Is there a reason why I got 16 copies of the same message? This could be taken as a spam to extremely exaggerate your message that nothing else will be done with an issue that could easily be resolved. Doing this and then asking me rate your service, is not going to help with rating your service!
I continue to share our conversations with XDA forums, where there are a lot of people reading this information.

I understand you wanting to close the conversation, but I hope that you will keep "us" posted, as there are several of "us" are discussing these issues in a forum with several who have purchased your phone and are concerned that just the opposite is being done by:
- Vivo locking the bootloader in a June security patch - so no one else can attempt to fix this VoLTE 4G limitation here in Canada
- Vivo could get the VoLTE 4G certification with at least one major Canadian carrier, like Vivo did in the States with T-Mobile, so that people in Canada can at least have one carrier option with your phones

Action, actual plans, actually taking steps to create a solution is a better way to work with your customers looking for support, rather than just saying you are forwarding to developers, leaving customers in the wind to hope that something is done sometime in the unforeseen future.

This is not good customer service. Many here in Canada that have purchased your Vivo X Fold and other models, will not have the VoLTE 4G, and so the phone is not going to have standard voice communication ability after Dec 2023."

Anyway, I doubt that anything will become of this, as all we were asking for is a working solution, not a "pass the buck"!

Attachments

• 2022-08-26_Vivo-service-response-email-spam.JPG
    2022-08-26_Vivo-service-response-email-spam.JPG
    142.8 KB · Views: 8

Q-Prof

Feb 21, 2011
Vivo X Fold
This is probably the last email from [email protected] They told me they have passed on to developers and they are going to "close" the email case with me... i.e. they are done.... What they said:

"Dear Customer,
Greetings from vivo!
Thank you for contacting us. It is to inform you that Please be assured, that as soon as we get any update from our developers regarding your query, we will let you know about it. However, we have forwarded your suggestion to our developer’s team. We are going to close this conversation. Have a Great Day Ahead.

Note: If you are satisfied with our service and if the information we provide solves your query, please rate our service. You will receive the rating link via our email within 48 hours. By entering the link, you will be able to give your valuable feedback. Your valuable feedback will be very helpful in improving the quality of our customer service.

Thank you so much for your time and please keep us posted with questions.

If you would like to know anything else regarding our Products, do let us know.

Thank you for your email.

Regards,
Uzma Mughal
vivo Customer Care Team"

Oh and they spammed me 16 times with the same message, see attached.

lol, so a customer should be good now, right?.... NO!
I didn't buy the phone, but I know there are several here that have, so I advocate on behalf of them and responded as follows:

"Uzma Mughal,
Is there a reason why I got 16 copies of the same message? This could be taken as a spam to extremely exaggerate your message that nothing else will be done with an issue that could easily be resolved. Doing this and then asking me rate your service, is not going to help with rating your service!
I continue to share our conversations with XDA forums, where there are a lot of people reading this information.

I understand you wanting to close the conversation, but I hope that you will keep "us" posted, as there are several of "us" are discussing these issues in a forum with several who have purchased your phone and are concerned that just the opposite is being done by:
- Vivo locking the bootloader in a June security patch - so no one else can attempt to fix this VoLTE 4G limitation here in Canada
- Vivo could get the VoLTE 4G certification with at least one major Canadian carrier, like Vivo did in the States with T-Mobile, so that people in Canada can at least have one carrier option with your phones

Action, actual plans, actually taking steps to create a solution is a better way to work with your customers looking for support, rather than just saying you are forwarding to developers, leaving customers in the wind to hope that something is done sometime in the unforeseen future.

This is not good customer service. Many here in Canada that have purchased your Vivo X Fold and other models, will not have the VoLTE 4G, and so the phone is not going to have standard voice communication ability after Dec 2023."

Anyway, I doubt that anything will become of this, as all we were asking for is a working solution, not a "pass the buck"!
Got an apology/explanation:

"Dear Customer,
Greetings from vivo.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience you have faced. The purpose to send you the last email is just to close this chain conversation, if we do not close this then the Auto reminder Emails would be generated to your Email after some Days and that could be inconvenient for you.

Regarding your issue, we have already reported to our relevant team and they are working on this to sort out the problem. Once, there will be any progress we will inform you. We understand your feelings that a Flagship phone must support the VoLTE service in your Country and we hope that in future it will be supported in some Networks. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in this regard.

Thank you for your Email.
Regards,
Laiba Kanwal
vivo Customer Care Team"

.... so they say they hope that in the future, VoLTE will be supported.... so they are saying not for current models. So much for getting a current fix for current phones.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Using Vivo X Fold+ with Bell in Toronto. Volte and VoWifi are working after the latest firmware update.
    If I knew that this was going to be a good possibility last Sept, would have probably gone/waited for this phone, but with my Huawei Honor Note 8 and its aged software system, I was desperate to get something that worked as some apps just were not working anymore with it.

I was really interested in the Vivo X Fold, but no VoLTE was possible then and didn't look like it would ever be supported, then came the Xiaomi Mix Fold 2, another sweet foldable, just not as robust hardware, but more of a light thin version - which I probably prefer now, but the Samsung Z Fold 4 with the Watch 5 pro and Buds 2 pro family of devices are doing well with me.... a little thicker (have a Spigen Slim Armor Pro Pen case with removable pop socket and an ESR boost kickstand) but with refined software that works without issue here in Canada in general. I just hope that Samsung gets their act together and innovates like the Xiaomi and Vivo to come out with some competitive hardware with larger front screen to go along with their refined software for the fold 5 or 6.... as I plan to take advantage of their trade-in system after putting a chunk of money in initially for their brand.
    If I knew that this was going to be a good possibility last Sept, would have probably gone/waited for this phone, but with my Huawei Honor Note 8 and its aged software system, I was desperate to get something that worked as some apps just were not working anymore with it.

I was really interested in the Vivo X Fold, but no VoLTE was possible then and didn't look like it would ever be supported, then came the Xiaomi Mix Fold 2, another sweet foldable, just not as robust hardware, but more of a light thin version - which I probably prefer now, but the Samsung Z Fold 4 with the Watch 5 pro and Buds 2 pro family of devices are doing well with me.... a little thicker (have a Spigen Slim Armor Pro Pen case with removable pop socket and an ESR boost kickstand) but with refined software that works without issue here in Canada in general. I just hope that Samsung gets their act together and innovates like the Xiaomi and Vivo to come out with some competitive hardware with larger front screen to go along with their refined software for the fold 5 or 6.... as I plan to take advantage of their trade-in system after putting a chunk of money in initially for their brand.
    I have installed the new Android 13 update (OceanOS v 3.0) and VoLTE immediately appeared on booting up my phone. I’ve tried SIMs from Rogers, Telus, Bell, and Eastlink and VoLTE now works on all of them. For anyone having VoLTE issues in Canada, download Android 13 (system update/public beta). As a side note, I also have the Vivo X Note phone, and I had the same issues with VoLTE on it until I updated it yesterday to Android 13 and the new version of OceanOS, and it now has VoLTE on all Canadian carriers as well. Sounds like Vivo does listen to complaints.
    I have installed the new Android 13 update (OceanOS v 3.0) and VoLTE immediately appeared on booting up my phone. I’ve tried SIMs from Rogers, Telus, Bell, and Eastlink and VoLTE now works on all of them. For anyone having VoLTE issues in Canada, download Android 13 (system update/public beta). As a side note, I also have the Vivo X Note phone, and I had the same issues with VoLTE on it until I updated it yesterday to Android 13 and the new version of OceanOS, and it now has VoLTE on all Canadian carriers as well. Sounds like Vivo does listen to complaints.
    Thanks for sharing frcraig, good to know for all those out there.

I did do a lot of complaining to three divisions, also told Vivo I was sharing their responses to forums here in Canada, and I wasn't accepting an answer we'll pass it on to the developers as I wanted practical answers. I was really trying to get something meaningful from them earlier, so I could make my decision easier... in the end I had to take the safe purchase, but it cost me more money with Samsung.

All is good, as it is a positive outcome for Canadians. It was too much of a risk at the time for me, with the cost of all of the fold phones.

There is a silver lining... Samsung will lose market share with their fold here in America, if they don't get more competitive with their hardware and form factor as they don't hold the fold market hostage on their previous Canadian monopoly anymore.
    a japanese figured out how to unlock volte in japan. but u have to unlock the bootloader, root and patch an img file with magisk. then again, it's a risk for doing that. and it might not necessarily work in canada.

Got a new update and wifi calling has been switched on.....awesome newsView attachment 5702127
    GREAT news. I've been debating on getting the Xiaomi Mix Fold 2 or Vivo X Fold S (when it comes out). This adds a point to Vivo.
    Message to https://www.vivo.com/en/support page through their email
    (also commented on their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/vivocareGlobal a quick question also)

I am in Canada interested in getting the Vivo X Fold, but finding out that Canadian carriers (main ones here in Canada: Rogers and Bell) from local XDA Forum on the Vivo X Fold (https://forum.xda-developers.com/f/vivo-x-fold.12651/) do not allow the VoLTE 4G to be turned on here in Canada even though carriers support 4G and LTE bands on your phone.

VoLTE is the major Voice Over LTE 4G communications standard protocol, that allows us in Canada with local carriers to talk on the phone with others.

See forum feedback from XDA member that is in Canada with your Vivo X Fold phone:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...e-fence-as-to-which-one.4473827/post-87216075
    for his feedback and efforts to get VoLTE to work, i.e. it is not working!

Is there a reason why the VoLTE 4G is greyed out and can't be turned on, on the Vivo X Fold her in Canada, thereby making voice phone calls not possible on your phone through this standard voice communications protocol?

There are a lot of interested people here for the Vivo X Fold in Canada that want a quality foldable phone and don't want to use the Samsung fold because it is too narrow on the front screen,
    but looks like we are forced to get it as it is the only foldable that will work on Canadian carriers! Your phone is the only other possible choice BUT DOESN'T HAVE VOLTE 4G WORKING with any of the carriers here in Canada!

Have confirmed this with Rogers and Bell putting their current Sim Card in, and the option to turn on VoLTE is greyed out, i.e. can't be turned on by either cellular service.

I know T-Mobile in USA, the Vivo X Fold works on their network, but why not at least one carrier in Canada?
    (There is talk that Vivo got their phones certified for use with T-Mobile in the USA, but no carriers were certified (paid registration fee so that it works with carrier) in Canada, leaving us Canadians that want to use any of your phones, not able to because the VoLTE can't be turned on in the phones mobile service settings.

Can you tell me why this is not working and/or reason why VoLTE is not able to be turned on?

Is there anything that can be done about this?
    Message to https://www.vivo.com/en/support page through their email
    (also commented on their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/vivocareGlobal a quick question also)

I am in Canada interested in getting the Vivo X Fold, but finding out that Canadian carriers (main ones here in Canada: Rogers and Bell) from local XDA Forum on the Vivo X Fold (https://forum.xda-developers.com/f/vivo-x-fold.12651/) do not allow the VoLTE 4G to be turned on here in Canada even though carriers support 4G and LTE bands on your phone.

VoLTE is the major Voice Over LTE 4G communications standard protocol, that allows us in Canada with local carriers to talk on the phone with others.

See forum feedback from XDA member that is in Canada with your Vivo X Fold phone:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...e-fence-as-to-which-one.4473827/post-87216075
    for his feedback and efforts to get VoLTE to work, i.e. it is not working!

Is there a reason why the VoLTE 4G is greyed out and can't be turned on, on the Vivo X Fold her in Canada, thereby making voice phone calls not possible on your phone through this standard voice communications protocol?

There are a lot of interested people here for the Vivo X Fold in Canada that want a quality foldable phone and don't want to use the Samsung fold because it is too narrow on the front screen,
    but looks like we are forced to get it as it is the only foldable that will work on Canadian carriers! Your phone is the only other possible choice BUT DOESN'T HAVE VOLTE 4G WORKING with any of the carriers here in Canada!

Have confirmed this with Rogers and Bell putting their current Sim Card in, and the option to turn on VoLTE is greyed out, i.e. can't be turned on by either cellular service.

I know T-Mobile in USA, the Vivo X Fold works on their network, but why not at least one carrier in Canada?
    (There is talk that Vivo got their phones certified for use with T-Mobile in the USA, but no carriers were certified (paid registration fee so that it works with carrier) in Canada, leaving us Canadians that want to use any of your phones, not able to because the VoLTE can't be turned on in the phones mobile service settings.

Can you tell me why this is not working and/or reason why VoLTE is not able to be turned on?

Is there anything that can be done about this?
    For what its worth, you can enable VoNR for stand alone frequencies. in developer settings or with a dialing code. The problem is that while these phones can connect on n78 Stand Alone networks, (3500mhz) the Canadian telecoms have just started using this frequency and it is only in a few major cities. They are also not using Voice Over 5G (VoNR) so even when the n78 band reaches your area, you would have to wait for the carrier to switch their technology for voice calls from VoLTE to VoNR. So far only T-Mobile (in Seattle and Salt Lake City) have turned on VoNR.
    Thanks for sharing frcraig, good to know for all those out there.

I did do a lot of complaining to three divisions, also told Vivo I was sharing their responses to forums here in Canada, and I wasn't accepting an answer we'll pass it on to the developers as I wanted practical answers. I was really trying to get something meaningful from them earlier, so I could make my decision easier... in the end I had to take the safe purchase, but it cost me more money with Samsung.

All is good, as it is a positive outcome for Canadians. It was too much of a risk at the time for me, with the cost of all of the fold phones.

There is a silver lining... Samsung will lose market share with their fold here in America, if they don't get more competitive with their hardware and form factor as they don't hold the fold market hostage on their previous Canadian monopoly anymore.