Question Vivo X Fold vs Xiaomi Mix Fold 2

Search This thread

AndroPlus

So after looking at the Mix Fold 2, what do you think is the overall better device?
Which one would you prefer to use on a daily basis?
Also, how is the MIUI Fold interface compared to the very Chinese one of Vivo's Ocean OS?
I think MIX Fold 2 is better since it's really lightweight for carrying and SoC is more powerful.
I don't use flex mode much but often use inner screen for reading books, so punch-hole free screen is comfortable for daily use.
The vivo's camera is better but I use Xiaomi 12S Ultra for photography so that's ok.

Also touch latency of MIX Fold 2's inner screen is far better than vivo (and even normal flagships), it's 37.6ms where vivo was 56.7ms.

I prefer MIUI Fold as Ocean OS' battery saver is so bad.
I have to turn off battery optimization and enable auto-start but compared to Ocean OS, MIUI does respect user's settings and notifications comes smoothly.
Functionality of multi-windows are almost same.

will u check if mix fold 2 have call recording in call setting ?
Yes, there's call recording feature

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-08-26-19-40-24-463_com.android.incallui.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-08-26-19-40-24-463_com.android.incallui.jpg
    401 KB · Views: 36
Reactions: carlitobahsoun

carlitobahsoun

Sep 26, 2012
beirut lebanon
I think MIX Fold 2 is better since it's really lightweight for carrying and SoC is more powerful.
I don't use flex mode much but often use inner screen for reading books, so punch-hole free screen is comfortable for daily use.
The vivo's camera is better but I use Xiaomi 12S Ultra for photography so that's ok.

Also touch latency of MIX Fold 2's inner screen is far better than vivo (and even normal flagships), it's 37.6ms where vivo was 56.7ms.

I have to turn off battery optimization and enable auto-start but compared to Ocean OS, MIUI does respect user's settings and notifications comes smoothly.

wow , where u live?
till now mix fold 2 nit availlable in middle east

OrionBG

One more question.
Can you do a horizontal split screen on the Mix Fold 2? The Vivo can't yet...
Basically have an almost full-screen Youtube on the upper half with a web page on the lower... or something similar...

AndroPlus

wow , where u live?
I live in Japan and ordered with 8999CNY from Xiaomi official store on JD.com.
It's Chinese website but supports oversea shipping with FedEx and I got within 5 days.

One more question.
Basically have an almost full-screen Youtube on the upper half with a web page on the lower... or something similar...
There's no option for that... It only splits into two vertical windows

OrionBG

It's Chinese website but supports oversea shipping with FedEx and I got within 5 days.

And What about battery life in balanced mode (I guess that is the default one?) Is it the same/better/worse?
My X Fold for instance usually survives the day (barely...) from 7AM to about 10PM (at about 5% left) This is with about 20 minutes of State fo Survival, some Whatsapp during the day, some web browsing on my way to work and back in the train and mostly standby...

carrieta17

Jan 1, 2008
I have ordered the Xiaomi Mix Fold 2 and will update the thread when it arrives. It has an unlockable bootloader which will make rooting with Magisk straight forward, but be aware that it runs on MIUI 13.1 Fold firmware which is based on Android 12, not 12L. Xiaomi is working directly with app developers to create foldable tweaks. Xiaomi EU has confirmed they will not undertake a custom ROM for this device, as the CN firmware is unique to this single device and Xiaomi EU will not do one off projects. Also the good old Xiaomi dialing code that enables VoLTE on devices not supported by carrier SIM settings does not work on MIUI 13.1 firmware. I'm hoping that a Magisk module or editing the build.prop will solve that problem for me, as my carrier (Rogers Canada) won't support VoLTE for the device and thus when voice calls drop to 3G when travelling in the US I wouldn't be able to place phone calls.
I receive mine, I love the phone, but would love to root as I want to have android auto.. If you root let me know how it goes..

carrieta17

Jan 1, 2008
My thoughts on the phone as I had both the Vivo X fold and now the Xiaomi Mix Fold 2.. The Mix fold is subjectively better in that that it's thiner and at least to me not as heavy. Agree that notifications are better than in the vivo fold.

With T-Mobile VOLTE works, Wifi calling works well. I had to sell the Vivo since those features did not work for me.

I am able to use other apps other than default google messages work, although I can't send pics for some reason though there just messages.

I had trouble with the wear os that I downloaded through the App Store, but suing the version downloaded through the Xiaomi store my watch works.

What was awesome was that at work the wifi network is EAP, and with most phones (other than Samsung) I can't connect with the Mix Fold connecting is easy : )

I just wish Android Auto would work, hoping a tutorial of how to root comes out soon.

AndroPlus

And What about battery life in balanced mode (I guess that is the default one?) Is it the same/better/worse?
My X Fold for instance usually survives the day (barely...) from 7AM to about 10PM (at about 5% left) This is with about 20 minutes of State fo Survival, some Whatsapp during the day, some web browsing on my way to work and back in the train and mostly standby...
The battery life is good with balanced mode and it's better than X Fold.
Especially battery drain in standby is low and it was 3% in 8 hours (sleeping with Wi-Fi/5G turned on, no battery saver)

Nov 18, 2008
Xiaomi MIX Fold 2's pros compared to vivo X Fold:
  • Lightweight and thin, I even feel it's lighter than Xiaomi 12S Ultra
  • High performance, it was avg. 59.9fps with Genshin highest quality
  • No punch hole
  • Creases are even less noticeable
  • VoLTE is enabled by default and force-enable command works

Cons:
  • No flex mode, cannot be fixed at any angle
  • Wattage performance is a little poor in performance mode, maybe it's better on balanced mode
  • Easily heated, easily cooled
  • No punch hole camera, but illuminance sensor is visible in light reflection
Hi, how about the camera compare to the X Fold? THANKS

AndroPlus

I just wish Android Auto would work, hoping a tutorial of how to root comes out soon.
I created magisk module to enable Android Auto support :)

I think X Fold's camera is better especially at night scene.

carrieta17

Jan 1, 2008

that is awesome !! Have you rooted the phone yet ? Would yoi be able to provide the basic steps?

AndroPlus

that is awesome !! Have you rooted the phone yet ? Would yoi be able to provide the basic steps?
Unlocking needs 3--4 days but I tested on Xiaomi 12S Ultra so it should work on Fold 2 too.

For the rooting, basically you just need to download fastboot firmware you are using from
and extract boot.img from the zip, then patch in magisk app and flash it in bootloader.

Reactions: carlitobahsoun

PacoPaco1

Nov 29, 2021
I had mix fold and I was facing a lot of problems with the software (miui). Hard to connect via Bluetooth with devices. I never managed to send attachments with any application. I'm waiting for the new miui to release hoping this problems will be fixed. Chinese rims are not convenient for users outside China. I'm watching all the reports from vivo users and I'm happy if the only problems are those 4 as I read above.

OrionBG

I had this worry, turns out this does happen if you disable miui optimization, i just split with youtube on top, discord on bottom.
So let me see if I understood this correctly,
If you disable "Xiaomi Optimizations" from Developer Settings, you can have YouTube (or another player) on the top half of the phone (in full screen) and another app on the bottom half of the screen?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Xiaomi MIX Fold 2's pros compared to vivo X Fold:
    • Lightweight and thin, I even feel it's lighter than Xiaomi 12S Ultra
    • High performance, it was avg. 59.9fps with Genshin highest quality
    • No punch hole
    • Creases are even less noticeable
    • VoLTE is enabled by default and force-enable command works
    • Touch latency of MIX Fold 2's inner screen is far better than vivo (and even normal flagships), it's 37.6ms where vivo was 56.7ms

Cons:
    • No flex mode, cannot be fixed at any angle
    • vivo's camera is better especially at night
    • Wattage performance is a little poor in performance mode, maybe it's better on balanced mode
    • Easily heated, easily cooled
    • No punch hole camera, but illuminance sensor is visible in light reflection
    wow , where u live?

One more question.
    The last two are actually plusses for me...
    Flex mode? There is no flex mode on the X Fold. Only the Samsung have this.
    Wireless charging is the biggest evil ever conceived... Slow, heating up the entire device...
    Smaller battery? To my knowledge both have 4500mAh battery packs.
    Anyway... Different people different needs... I like my X fold but xiaomi is xiaomi...
    You make me laugh so hard,why? Do you really own vivo x fold? No flex mode? Go to setting and search "flex" to see the result?You can do it on i video app and camera app.Your knowledge there both have 4500mah?Laughing again, pls do your research and comparison before saying anything.Have a nice day :)
    Got it. Thanks for the info!
    Still not as good as it can be with the phone in Landscape mode (to have proper left and right speakers) but still something...
    Yeah, I dont know why xiaomi made this a limitation, it seems necessary for a foldable. I wouldnt be surprised if it gets added in an update. Because you can atleast unlock this phone without relying on it being on early enough fw, i hope someone makes a mod to allow for horizontal, vertical split switching.