Question Vivo X Fold vs Xiaomi Mix Fold 2

Search This thread
Dec 6, 2017
OnePlus 7T Pro
That is really nice to hear! Can you please make a screenshot whenever you have time?
Screenshot_2022-09-01-15-59-29-486_com.vanced.android.youtube.jpg

You can also zoom to fill too so the whole top half is covered, and if you split from a different app first, then open youtube, you can have it on the bottom. Whatever app is opened first is on the top. This is in portraight, if you rotate to landscape, it switches to vertical. You could maybe set up a tasker event or something so that whenever split with youtube, it is forced into portraight, but i havent tested anything like that.

Reactions: OrionBG

OrionBG

View attachment 5702021
You can also zoom to fill too so the whole top half is covered, and if you split from a different app first, then open youtube, you can have it on the bottom. Whatever app is opened first is on the top. This is in portraight, if you rotate to landscape, it switches to vertical. You could maybe set up a tasker event or something so that whenever split with youtube, it is forced into portraight, but i havent tested anything like that.
Thanks for the screenshot!
So in this case the crease is vertical right?

Dec 6, 2017
OnePlus 7T Pro
Got it. Thanks for the info!
Still not as good as it can be with the phone in Landscape mode (to have proper left and right speakers) but still something...
Yeah, I dont know why xiaomi made this a limitation, it seems necessary for a foldable. I wouldnt be surprised if it gets added in an update. Because you can atleast unlock this phone without relying on it being on early enough fw, i hope someone makes a mod to allow for horizontal, vertical split switching.

Reactions: OrionBG

Glesi2323

Jul 29, 2022
Anyone with the mix fold 2 getting 5g? And if yes, does it bounce from 5g to LTE? Im in the US running T-Mobile in a 5g dominated area but my fold will get 5g for like 2 minutes and resort to LTE/LTE+ right after. I've set 5g to preferred, turned off 5g smart switch and nothing seems to work. YouTuber that made a video says they get 5glre than anything so now I'm wondering if there's a setting that has to be enabled or something, what's your experience?

Glesi2323

Jul 29, 2022
So let me see if I understood this correctly,
If you disable "Xiaomi Optimizations" from Developer Settings, you can have YouTube (or another player) on the top half of the phone (in full screen) and another app on the bottom half of the screen?
This works for me too but only in landscape mode with the inner screen

Glesi2323

Jul 29, 2022
My thoughts on the phone as I had both the Vivo X fold and now the Xiaomi Mix Fold 2.. The Mix fold is subjectively better in that that it's thiner and at least to me not as heavy. Agree that notifications are better than in the vivo fold.

With T-Mobile VOLTE works, Wifi calling works well. I had to sell the Vivo since those features did not work for me.

I am able to use other apps other than default google messages work, although I can't send pics for some reason though there just messages.

I had trouble with the wear os that I downloaded through the App Store, but suing the version downloaded through the Xiaomi store my watch works.

What was awesome was that at work the wifi network is EAP, and with most phones (other than Samsung) I can't connect with the Mix Fold connecting is easy : )

I just wish Android Auto would work, hoping a tutorial of how to root comes out soon.
I don't know of you saw my other post. How is your mobile connection? Does 5g stick to your phone? I live in a 5g area and my phone connects to 5g and then reverts to LTE/LTE+. I'm also on TMobile. I've changed the preferred network settings using the dialer code but that doesn't help stick to a 5g connection for long either. What settings do you have on/off?

carrieta17

Jan 1, 2008
Mobile connection is great, it does stick to 5G in T-Mobile.. I did not change any settings just inserted the sim. The APN it connected to is epic.tmobile.com. The only different thing I did was to use the Xiaomi code to enable wifi calls.. I live in Orlando not sure if that makes a difference, I know that there is only one 5G band that the phone uses that is available in the US, and I guess it depends what bands are used where you live.. Not sure if rooting the phone allows to expand the amount of bands ??

Glesi2323

Jul 29, 2022
Mobile connection is great, it does stick to 5G in T-Mobile.. I did not change any settings just inserted the sim. The APN it connected to is epic.tmobile.com. The only different thing I did was to use the Xiaomi code to enable wifi calls.. I live in Orlando not sure if that makes a difference, I know that there is only one 5G band that the phone uses that is available in the US, and I guess it depends what bands are used where you live.. Not sure if rooting the phone allows to expand the amount of bands ??
Okay, thank you for your comment! Last night after I made my comment, I reseted all network settings and it decided to stick with the epic APN (which I would keep changing to Fast because that's what I had default on my Vivo x fold) and it started working! I was going to ask this morning about that (epic vs Fast) but you answered my question! Thank you!!

ajschill77

Jul 6, 2020
I do not see the apn for epic.tmobile.com, i see epc.tmobile.com, is that the same apn? Im having trouble getting 5g also, just LTE, could that be the apn or the limit of 5g bands for tmobile on this phone?

What text messaging app do you guys use? any issues with mms or group texts using the google message app?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-09-03-11-35-21-742_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-09-03-11-35-21-742_com.android.settings.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_2022-09-03-11-35-33-751_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-09-03-11-35-33-751_com.android.settings.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 9

Glesi2323

Jul 29, 2022
I do not see the apn for epic.tmobile.com, i see epc.tmobile.com, is that the same apn? Im having trouble getting 5g also, just LTE, could that be the apn or the limit of 5g bands for tmobile on this phone?

What text messaging app do you guys use? any issues with mms or group texts using the google message app?

Thanks!
Hey, sorry I meant epc.

I am using the Google messaging app with rcs, no issue with anything at all. Only issue is still 5G, if I switch the 5g preferred off and on it will pick up the 5g signal for like 2 minutes then resorts to LTE only.

Hopefully anyone else has any input on this, on TMobile as well.

ajschill77

Jul 6, 2020
Hey, sorry I meant epc.

I am using the Google messaging app with rcs, no issue with anything at all. Only issue is still 5G, if I switch the 5g preferred off and on it will pick up the 5g signal for like 2 minutes then resorts to LTE only.

Hopefully anyone else has any input on this, on TMobile as well.
Thank you, so, when i go into google messages it says my sim card is not compatible for this service? Any ideas? Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-09-03-14-29-57-849_com.google.android.apps.messaging.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-09-03-14-29-57-849_com.google.android.apps.messaging.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 14

Glesi2323

Jul 29, 2022
Did you download it from play store? Google messages that is?
Yes I downloaded it from the play store. If it's R15, have you tried downloading the APK instead? All I did was install from playstore, grant it all permissions and auto start, and then locked it, set it as default and boom 💥 worked

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just wish Android Auto would work, hoping a tutorial of how to root comes out soon.
    I created magisk module to enable Android Auto support :)

Hi, how about the camera compare to the X Fold? THANKS
    I think X Fold's camera is better especially at night scene.
    Xiaomi MIX Fold 2's pros compared to vivo X Fold:
    • Lightweight and thin, I even feel it's lighter than Xiaomi 12S Ultra
    • High performance, it was avg. 59.9fps with Genshin highest quality
    • No punch hole
    • Creases are even less noticeable
    • VoLTE is enabled by default and force-enable command works
    • Touch latency of MIX Fold 2's inner screen is far better than vivo (and even normal flagships), it's 37.6ms where vivo was 56.7ms

Cons:
    • No flex mode, cannot be fixed at any angle
    • vivo's camera is better especially at night
    • Wattage performance is a little poor in performance mode, maybe it's better on balanced mode
    • Easily heated, easily cooled
    • No punch hole camera, but illuminance sensor is visible in light reflection
    wow , where u live?
    till now mix fold 2 nit availlable in middle east
    I live in Japan and ordered with 8999CNY from Xiaomi official store on JD.com.
    It's Chinese website but supports oversea shipping with FedEx and I got within 5 days.

One more question.
    Can you do a horizontal split screen on the Mix Fold 2? The Vivo can't yet...
    Basically have an almost full-screen Youtube on the upper half with a web page on the lower... or something similar...
    There's no option for that... It only splits into two vertical windows
    The last two are actually plusses for me...
    Flex mode? There is no flex mode on the X Fold. Only the Samsung have this.
    Wireless charging is the biggest evil ever conceived... Slow, heating up the entire device...
    Smaller battery? To my knowledge both have 4500mAh battery packs.
    Anyway... Different people different needs... I like my X fold but xiaomi is xiaomi...
    You make me laugh so hard,why? Do you really own vivo x fold? No flex mode? Go to setting and search "flex" to see the result?You can do it on i video app and camera app.Your knowledge there both have 4500mah?Laughing again, pls do your research and comparison before saying anything.Have a nice day :)
    Got it. Thanks for the info!
    Still not as good as it can be with the phone in Landscape mode (to have proper left and right speakers) but still something...
    Yeah, I dont know why xiaomi made this a limitation, it seems necessary for a foldable. I wouldnt be surprised if it gets added in an update. Because you can atleast unlock this phone without relying on it being on early enough fw, i hope someone makes a mod to allow for horizontal, vertical split switching.