Question Vivo X Fold vs Xiaomi Mix Fold 2

Search This thread

ajschill77

Jul 6, 2020
Yes I downloaded it from the play store. If it's R15, have you tried downloading the APK instead? All I did was install from playstore, grant it all permissions and auto start, and then locked it, set it as default and boom 💥 worked
ok, thanks for the reply, while i have you on here, what launcher are you using? anyway to use nova with gesture navigation that you know of ?

Glesi2323

Jul 29, 2022
ok, thanks for the reply, while i have you on here, what launcher are you using? anyway to use nova with gesture navigation that you know of ?
Smart launcher replaced nova for me years ago. I set it up when I first got the phone but you can't use the full screen navigation buttons with a third party launcher so I decided to stick with the stock launcher. I like the stock launcher now, especially since I downloaded the Xiaomi Themes APK to change the overall look of the phone (icons, notification bar, notifications, lock screen).

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-09-03-12-52-01-455-edit_com.miui.home.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-09-03-12-52-01-455-edit_com.miui.home.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 57

frcraig

Jan 3, 2017
Halifax
Thank you, so, when i go into google messages it says my sim card is not compatible for this service? Any ideas? Thanks!
I had the same issue for the first couple of days after I received the Xiaomi Mix Fold 2. I'm not sure what I did to get it working, but after changing the default voice assistant from Xiaomi AI to Android Assistant, and then uninstalling and reinstalling Google Messages it fixed itself and RCS chat turned on.

carrieta17

Jan 1, 2008
Okay, thank you for your comment! Last night after I made my comment, I reseted all network settings and it decided to stick with the epic APN (which I would keep changing to Fast because that's what I had default on my Vivo x fold) and it started working! I was going to ask this morning about that (epic vs Fast) but you answered my question! Thank you!!
No worries... have you rooted and if so have you been able to get AA to work ?

jelkomme

Dec 22, 2015
FLEX MODE on vivo x fold with youtube possible? i just have this phone and cant figure out how to set flex mode up

jelkomme

Dec 22, 2015
really? HOW? can you show me a video or a pic? on my xfold youtube is not working on flex mode? ?

jelkomme

Dec 22, 2015
some people say its possible to zoom or full screen youtube on a single flex mode screen other tell me its not possible... for me personally it i son possible. so can ou please explain us how to do ? and maybe show a creen or some video tutorial?

jelkomme

Dec 22, 2015
anybody can show a video or a pic please? 4 me youtube is not working on flex mode! the video its not playing on the upper screan only

jelkomme

Dec 22, 2015

Flex Mode youtube video only play on TOP Screen while unfolded? is this possible and if so, HOW????? please any help?

94117a10-bb95-5f93-b06f-4e2427be7017.jpg

jelkomme

Dec 22, 2015
i think you guys get my idea wrong. When the Phone is unfolded there is a big screen on the inside and youtube videos can be viewed on the full unfolded big screen, right? when i close the screen to a L-Shape (like a Notebook) the youtube video is NOT showing on the inside upper screen (im talking flex mode, like it is on samsung fold 4) check this image: https://ibb.co/1GJ93v6

so, its there a workaround?
maxresdefault.jpg

jelkomme

Dec 22, 2015
basically what i want to do is: play youtube videos on the upper part of the screen when the phone is partly unfolded (laptop mode)

jelkomme

Dec 22, 2015
how is this possible? i didnt get this, do you set up something special in the settings or something?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just wish Android Auto would work, hoping a tutorial of how to root comes out soon.
    I created magisk module to enable Android Auto support :)

Hi, how about the camera compare to the X Fold? THANKS
    I think X Fold's camera is better especially at night scene.
    Xiaomi MIX Fold 2's pros compared to vivo X Fold:
    • Lightweight and thin, I even feel it's lighter than Xiaomi 12S Ultra
    • High performance, it was avg. 59.9fps with Genshin highest quality
    • No punch hole
    • Creases are even less noticeable
    • VoLTE is enabled by default and force-enable command works
    • Touch latency of MIX Fold 2's inner screen is far better than vivo (and even normal flagships), it's 37.6ms where vivo was 56.7ms

Cons:
    • No flex mode, cannot be fixed at any angle
    • vivo's camera is better especially at night
    • Wattage performance is a little poor in performance mode, maybe it's better on balanced mode
    • Easily heated, easily cooled
    • No punch hole camera, but illuminance sensor is visible in light reflection
    wow , where u live?
    till now mix fold 2 nit availlable in middle east
    I live in Japan and ordered with 8999CNY from Xiaomi official store on JD.com.
    It's Chinese website but supports oversea shipping with FedEx and I got within 5 days.

One more question.
    Can you do a horizontal split screen on the Mix Fold 2? The Vivo can't yet...
    Basically have an almost full-screen Youtube on the upper half with a web page on the lower... or something similar...
    There's no option for that... It only splits into two vertical windows
    The last two are actually plusses for me...
    Flex mode? There is no flex mode on the X Fold. Only the Samsung have this.
    Wireless charging is the biggest evil ever conceived... Slow, heating up the entire device...
    Smaller battery? To my knowledge both have 4500mAh battery packs.
    Anyway... Different people different needs... I like my X fold but xiaomi is xiaomi...
    You make me laugh so hard,why? Do you really own vivo x fold? No flex mode? Go to setting and search "flex" to see the result?You can do it on i video app and camera app.Your knowledge there both have 4500mah?Laughing again, pls do your research and comparison before saying anything.Have a nice day :)
    Got it. Thanks for the info!
    Still not as good as it can be with the phone in Landscape mode (to have proper left and right speakers) but still something...
    Yeah, I dont know why xiaomi made this a limitation, it seems necessary for a foldable. I wouldnt be surprised if it gets added in an update. Because you can atleast unlock this phone without relying on it being on early enough fw, i hope someone makes a mod to allow for horizontal, vertical split switching.