General Vivo X fold

Search This thread

DanZan6

May 28, 2022
Vivo X Fold
I've had my ViVO fold for about 3 weeks now, and have everything working except I can't get the notification dot to appear in the corner of my text and Gmail widgets.

I have shuffled the bloatware onto the last page, and combined most of it into a bloatware folder, so I never see it, and implemented the phone entirely with Play store apps. I use native Google apps for Gmail and text, drive, docs, sheets, etc, and everything works fine except I have to access Gmail and messages, to see if I have any new emails or texts. I use T-Mobile and it worked fine from day one.

I have been reading XDA threads as a guest since I got my fold. I have seen the general discussion about vivo fold issues, but can't find it anymore.

Last edited:

DanZan6

May 28, 2022
Vivo X Fold
Mostly, I am reporting my experience of treating it like a regular Android phone, and ignoring the vivo stuff.

The only question I was asking was how to get the notification. On my Gmail and messages icon.

nvgear

Nov 10, 2004
Mostly, I am reporting my experience of treating it like a regular Android phone, and ignoring the vivo stuff.

The only question I was asking was how to get the notification. On my Gmail and messages icon.
You should use just the stock message app which works fine with notifications and dual Colin display etc. no real advantage to using Google message and the scaling is way too huge. Does your Wi-Fi calling work? Mine is turned on but doesn’t work.

Hakute1

May 28, 2022
I have the same problem with my facebook and gmail notification, I tried many tip but still no luck