Question Vivo x70 Pro+, are you still happy with it ?

Search This thread

Husskeyy

Apr 21, 2022
Cape Town
www.youtube.com
I have the orange one and kinda like it. It's faux leather, grippy, and it draws a lot of attention. Actually, I hate back glass. Everything is better for me, leather, aluminum, even plastic. Besides, when I had X50 pro+, I dropped the phone on the wooden floor from less than a meter and the back cracks. I don't know how good is the glass back cover on different phones, but breaking it hurts your wallet.

But you have also Vivo X70 pro+ with blue faux leather. Blue is the color of the Vivo.
Oh, cool! It seems orange is the color of IQOO, right? Even on the black model, a button on the side is orange. As is a part of the charger.

Do you have a case on yours?

piskr

Sep 17, 2007
Vivo X70 Pro+
Oh, cool! It seems orange is the color of IQOO, right? Even on the black model, a button on the side is orange. As is a part of the charger.

Do you have a case on yours?
Usually not. I learned my lesson. I analyzed all circumstances when I dropped my phones before. And I concluded that I don't need it normally. Especially cause this one has a good grip.
But I still use a case outdoors (sports, traveling, beach..)

Husskeyy

Apr 21, 2022
Cape Town
www.youtube.com
Usually not. I learned my lesson. I analyzed all circumstances when I dropped my phones before. And I concluded that I don't need it normally. Especially cause this one has a good grip.
Nice! You know how Android 12 has the new Monet feature where the whole UI color-matches to your wallpaper?

Do you think some of those UI colors don't look good with the orange of the back of the phone? Or have you experienced it all blending together nicely?

Tsunarun

Apr 25, 2021
I'm answering to both questions regarding my user experience.

1) The phone is totally stable. Google apps work without problem except those which required to be installed as system (Android Auto, Hotword...)
2) Origin OS Ocean is coming before new year. Its functionality is basically advanced configuration known from IOS. We'll see its advantages and also whether it will spoil current performance. I use actual system with custom launcher and removed Chinese bloatware and my phone currently looks and acts as a pure Android.
3) My overall opinion is so far in favor of the phone. I like the system, camera, screen, stability and reliability together with some solutions limited to Chinese phones. Together with the constant improvements and pledge for 3 years system upgrade, I still believe that I get the best bang for the buck.
4) Migration is straight forward with the dedicated app either from Android or IOS.
5) You can have contacts, history and messages backed on Vivo account.

Hope I helped.
I Have a question. When I use Message from Google I can't send photos. But with a third party app like Textra I can. Did you try google message and did you face the same issue. Thank you

Husskeyy

Apr 21, 2022
Cape Town
www.youtube.com
Hey! :)

A friend got the IQOO 9 from China and mentioned that the news app is displaying in Chinese. Do you know for IQOO/vivo Chinese models if there's a way to change this to English?

He also said global search doesn't use Google by default. Is there a way to fix that?

Thanks for your advice!

frcraig

Jan 3, 2017
Halifax
I thought I would be clever and download and install the Vivo Reader (news app) .apk from Vivo Global, thinking the FunTouch version would display English news sources, vs. the all Chinese news on the Origin OS Ocean (CN) version. So I uninstalled the Chinese app, installed the Global app and opened it - and it is all in Chinese as well. I think all Vivo servers point the news app to Chinese sources. I gave up and installed the Google News app, which works fine. I also tried to switch from the Chinese Global Search to Android Assistant/Google Search, but even after .adb uninstalling Global Search I couldn't set Google Search as default. In the end I just put the Google Search widget on my home screen and use it. If I tap on the microphone icon in the Google Search widget it activates OK Google and I can Use Android Assistant voice commands. You have to tap to activate it, however, as it will not activate using the "OK Google" voice command.

Reactions: Alelipa

Husskeyy

Apr 21, 2022
Cape Town
www.youtube.com
I thought I would be clever and download and install the Vivo Reader (news app) .apk from Vivo Global, thinking the FunTouch version would display English news sources, vs. the all Chinese news on the Origin OS Ocean (CN) version. So I uninstalled the Chinese app, installed the Global app and opened it - and it is all in Chinese as well. I think all Vivo servers point the news app to Chinese sources. I gave up and installed the Google News app, which works fine. I also tried to switch from the Chinese Global Search to Android Assistant/Google Search, but even after .adb uninstalling Global Search I couldn't set Google Search as default. In the end I just put the Google Search widget on my home screen and use it. If I tap on the microphone icon in the Google Search widget it activates OK Google and I can Use Android Assistant voice commands. You have to tap to activate it, however, as it will not activate using the "OK Google" voice command.
Thanks for the feedback! Does swiping up from the bottom corners of the screen activate Google Assistant as well?

frcraig

Jan 3, 2017
Halifax
No. I can change the default wipe up action from the bottom (open global search) to open the app drawer or to open the control panel, or I can even select "none" so that global search doesn't come up, but I can't replace it with Google Assistant. I can add several of their apps to open in 'kit' or widget form when swiping in from the sides of the screen, but the only app (nano kits) I can add are the stock Chinese apps, there is no option to add third party apps to open by swiping.

Lexxmark

Jun 19, 2022
I'm going to sell my vivo x 70 pro plus (OriginOS) as soon as possible, since I just started to hate it because of the lack of android updates. I'll go back to Samsung. By the way, there is already information about the X 80 pro plus, cheap JN1 and JN2 sensors will appear there. Conclusion, Vivo is a real trash !!!
DON'T BUY THIS CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

I'm looking for a new android smartphone.
    I'm hesitating between Google Pixel 6 Pro and Vivo X70 Pro+ ...

- What about the phone stability ?
    - What about OriginOS, I've seen that a new version OriginOS Ocean) is coming soon ... ?
    - What is your overall opinion on the phone ?

Thanks
    Hi..
    I hope that am not to late for anyone want to pay vivo garbage smartphone.. i own the vivo x70 pro plus OriginOS (chainese version).. and i advise everyone want to purchase this garbage to wait and look for another device.. i will explain my 4 months experience with that garbage..
    i will answer this questions first..

-What about the phone stability ?

The phone is awesome stable but vivo os will spoil your experience with the phone if you live outside the supported regions for the vivo x70pro+ whatever if its OriginOS or FunTouchOS..

- What about OriginOS, I've seen that a new version OriginOS Ocean is coming soon ... ?
    I am on OriginOS ocean and it is worst than normal OriginOS in term of experience.. and full with Chinese letters and words even when you change the OS UI to English.. !! They can fix it as easy and translate it fully to English like in FunTouchOS but they didn't..

- What is your overall opinion on the phone ?

Everything is awesome except the OS experience its very bad compared to other brands i have used in the past like samsung and lg and pixel and OnePlus and oppo OSs.. if you are in outside supported regions you will not be able to register an vivo account with your phone number which will let you set some accessbelity needed permission to the installed apps or to install apps from third party apps to your phone.. without the vivo account you will not be able to do that.. and if you make vivo account just without phone number activation you will not be able to use some features and functions and you wil not be able to change your account name from Chinese to any other languages.. i can confirm setting up an vivo account is simply a nightmare..
    When its come to notifications (Whatsapp Facebook Instagram snapchat telegram etc) is the worst smartphone ever and you will never get notifications in time or never. just for wechat its work perfectly..even when you remove or disabled the .pem app to fix notifications issues receiving notifications will be better a little bit just little bit but when you restart your phone google play store and YouTube will not work any more because you removed the stupid .pem app..

This phone had awesome hardware with a garbage software..

I have removed my SIM card from this phone and put it back in my older lg v50 since I can't use the x70pro+ as my daily driver.. i offered my vivo x70pro+ for sell tow weeks back and i didn't get any offers on it till today.. now i mainly use the lg v50 for social media and phone calls and the x70pro+ just for camera & gaming and watching YouTube.. if i sold the x70pro+ i will pay the pixel 7 pro for sure..

This x70pro+ garbage is not friendly user experience at all..
    Also I'm coming from Google Pixel 3, does the migration path is simple ? What about backup restoration (call/message history, contadts, calandars ...) ?
    I'm answering to both questions regarding my user experience.

1) The phone is totally stable. Google apps work without problem except those which required to be installed as system (Android Auto, Hotword...)
    2) Origin OS Ocean is coming before new year. Its functionality is basically advanced configuration known from IOS. We'll see its advantages and also whether it will spoil current performance. I use actual system with custom launcher and removed Chinese bloatware and my phone currently looks and acts as a pure Android.
    3) My overall opinion is so far in favor of the phone. I like the system, camera, screen, stability and reliability together with some solutions limited to Chinese phones. Together with the constant improvements and pledge for 3 years system upgrade, I still believe that I get the best bang for the buck.
    4) Migration is straight forward with the dedicated app either from Android or IOS.
    5) You can have contacts, history and messages backed on Vivo account.

Hope I helped.
    Sorry, can't help you much with that. I don't use popular apps like Facebook, Instagram etc. Notifications for phone and messages I receive just in time as always on screen information. Same with signal but not as aos.
    I use native mail app and it has minimum lag of 5 minutes by default. And I have to many mails to have notifications active for them.
    Okay thanks a lot my friend. I went thru the forums and found out how to delete the apps blocking my notifications and how to use the third party launcher lol. But still thanks for getting back to me cause I wanted to see the apps you uninstalled because I tried removing some apps and they won't leave. Like the imusic and the wallet app won't uninstall idk why.
    As for the other guys having problems with his phone after removing the com.vivo.pem I don't have that issue at all I can restart my phone just fine and google play services work and everything so it unfortunate he's having such issues but my phone works great I love it and have no problems. Just waiting for Android 12 and I'll be fine thanks again buddy!
    I also wrote to the Google community (Italian) and they told me that they reported it to Google:
    As it has been explained already, the reason, why it is not possible to have timeline with X70 pro+, is in the fact that it doesn't have full Service framework installed, only the basic one. It's Vivo's decision, not Google's, and therefore I can't see how Google might help. Google set no limitation on using GPS to Vivo like it is the case with Huawei for example.