How To Guide Vivo x70 Pro+ Bootloader Unlock - HOW TO GUIDE

Search This thread

AndroPlus

Wow this is incredible, some people reported works ok X fold. Have anyone succeeded with X80Pro? I bought it with Origin Ocean so I want convert it to Funtouch OS, that way I get better support for non-Chinese apps.
On X80 Pro root works and fingerprint is OK (same as X Fold)
Don't know about Funtouch OS flashing though.

Last edited:

raimondomartire

Nov 9, 2005
Salerno
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
The partners in China unlocked the following models of iqoo9 Pro according to XDA's methodIQOO9IQOO8 PROIQOO8IQOO7Iqoo 1 (only unlocked temporarily, root needs to change Su)Iqoo Z5 (only unlocked temporarily, under root test)IQOO Z1IQOO NEO6Iqoo Neo 855 (only unlocked temporarily, root not tested)VIVO X FOLDVIVO X60TPRO+VIVO X60PRO+
Can you download this tool for us

Killuminati91

Dec 12, 2012
I will write a full guide and share my files once I get developer access on android file host. Generally it should be possible to switch OriginOS -> Funtouch (and the other way around) on every vivo phone that has the same hardware for both versions. You just need a qfil / split rom and a newer ota update of the target firmware.

General Guide can be found here.

Last edited:

Waylan2022

May 6, 2022

这是一键解锁BL工具的下载链接( https://wwc.lanzouq.com/igrAA05ffdhg )如果打不开请挂中国代理或者VPN

• Love
Reactions: raimondomartire
Mar 23, 2022
WARNING! THIS IS EXPERIMENTAL, I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE WE CAN GO FROM HERE.
THIS MIGHT BREAK YOUR DEVICE!!!

UNLOCKING THE BOOTLOADER REQUIRES A WIPE AFTERWARDS!
UNLOCKING THE BOOTLOADER WILL DISABLE YOUR FINGERPRINT READER! (FIXED BY RELOCKING)

This is a breakthrough! Thanks to our crazy russian friend in this thread I succeeded in opening the bootloader. (Origin OS)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Long Tutorial:
Download 1: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/guide-how-to-reboot-to-edl-from-fastboot.3394292/
Download 2 vivo fastboot_v2: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/how-to-unlock-bootloader-of-vivo-phones.3686690/
Download 3 vendor.img: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...hers-new-vivo-oppo-models-check-list.4440801/

NEEDED: Vivo USB Driver
NEEDED: ADB and Fastboot (Added to PATH)

1. Enable OEM Unlock in Developer Options
2. Connect your device via ADB
3. Use "adb reboot fastboot"
4. Use "fastboot reboot bootloader" -> This fastboot now looks different
5. Copy the vendor.img into the folder of Download 2
6. Open two cmd's in Download 2
7. Type in "fastboot vivo_bsp unlock_vivo" into the first one, hit enter
8. Type in "fastboot flash vendor vendor.img" into the second one, hit enter
9. Immediately switch back to the first one, press up and enter many times
10. If you time this right your bootloader is unlocked
11. Press the power button to restart the phone and see your bootloader warning
12. Let the phone restart a few times until it asks you to wipe
13. Select the first option, then select the one on the right to proceed

I unlocked, relocked and unlocked again to be sure, this seems to be a safe method!

Much thanks to @Naveen Singh and @Pervokur
I didn't quite understand as I am a big Noob. Please can I have a tutorial video or something like that step by step. I wanna try it on Vivo Y12s. I have a pc with Kali Linux and Win 10 installed if that helps somehow. Please 🥲

Last edited:

Peter Trex

Jan 15, 2022
Thanks for the reply. currently waiting for X80 with Origin for shipping, onece it's here, I will try to install Funtouch ROM to it

Mar 23, 2022

UNLOCKING THE BOOTLOADER WILL DISABLE YOUR FINGERPRINT READER! (FIXED BY RELOCKING)

This is a breakthrough! Thanks to our crazy russian friend in this thread I succeeded in opening the bootloader. (Origin OS)

Long Tutorial:
Download 1: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/guide-how-to-reboot-to-edl-from-fastboot.3394292/
Download 2 vivo fastboot_v2: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/how-to-unlock-bootloader-of-vivo-phones.3686690/
Download 3 vendor.img: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...hers-new-vivo-oppo-models-check-list.4440801/

I unlocked, relocked and unlocked again to be sure, this seems to be a safe method!

Bro I have been trying over an hour but everytime it says failed

RakRak99

Aug 15, 2019
I will write a full guide and share my files once I get developer access on android file host. Generally it should be possible to switch OriginOS -> Funtouch (and the other way around) on every vivo phone that has the same hardware for both versions. You just need a qfil / split rom and a newer ota update of the target firmware.

Hi, this is very impressive. Could you please include a guide to root Vivo X70 pro+ on Funtouch OS if possible?

Looking forward to the guide as it might lead to custom ROM development for this phone too sometime in the future! Although I'm noob and can't really say much regarding the possibilities...

otonieru

May 7, 2011
Djakarta
I am on Funtouch now with working signal. I also have a method to return to Origin OS.
OTA Updates CAN disable signal again until you fix it after updating but that shouldnt be that big of a problem.

IN THEORY there should be a better way than flashing huge partitions:
1. Unlock Bootloader
2. Install magisk and make all partitions read-writeable
3. Edit ALL build.props to replace system identifiers with the indian version (system, vendor, odm, oem, vgc, recovery)
4. Flash adb enabled recovery
5. Push ota to /data
6. Use modified misc.img to install from /data

I am writing a guide for the manual, heavier version right now. But it involves a lot of flashing and I cant garantuee that it will work on every phone.

@Waylan2022 : Seems like your bootloader is locked?! What are you trying to achieve there?
Hi there, thx a lot for your research and works. I always interested in vivo phone for it's camera, but never really into it because of the BLU situation. But now we have a way to do it, am getting excited.

I want to ask some questions : is the boot image for funtouchOS the same with the one for Ocean/OriginOS ?

if i have x70 pro plus with funtouchOS, can i use your patched boot.img ?

also, for this phone, do we flash the patched boot.img to boot or vendor_boot ?

should i do : fastboot flash boot boot.img

or fastboot flash vendor_boot boot.img ?

aliensmille

Mar 18, 2009
Vienna
iQOO 7
Vivo X70 Pro+
Thank you guys for your hard work to get thees Vivo phones unlocked.
I really looking forward to a easyer guide to test that out on my Iqoo7. First i will try to convert the iqoo to Funtouch and if everything is safe and understandable for me I will do it on my Vivo X70 pro plus.

lilddd

Jan 15, 2022
Vivo X70 Pro+
Vivo X80 Pro
I'm using X NOTE

I followed your guide and unlock the bootloader

and after I try root in ORIGIN OCEAN OS

and it goes to fastboot loop

so I relocked the bootloader

and then

it said this devcie is corrupt

what can I do???

PLS anyone help me :(

I'm really sad

Attachments

• KakaoTalk_20220604_025300087.jpg
    KakaoTalk_20220604_025300087.jpg
    372.4 KB · Views: 32

Pervokur

Feb 15, 2022
I'm using X NOTE

I followed your guide and unlock the bootloader

and after I try root in ORIGIN OCEAN OS

and it goes to fastboot loop

so I relocked the bootloader

and then

it said this devcie is corrupt

what can I do???

PLS anyone help me :(

I'm really sad
unlock bl (boot in Fastboot with vol+ button)
boot in recovery
use wifi update

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

UNLOCKING THE BOOTLOADER MIGHT REMOVE BOKEH MODES FROM PORTRAIT. (NOT SURE)

Long Tutorial:

Any updates on this? Is it possible to safely flash Funtouch to china version?

I am on Funtouch now with working signal. I also have a method to return to Origin OS.
    OTA Updates CAN disable signal again until you fix it after updating but that shouldnt be that big of a problem.

IN THEORY there should be a better way than flashing huge partitions:
    1. Unlock Bootloader
    2. Install magisk and make all partitions read-writeable
    3. Edit ALL build.props to replace system identifiers with the indian version (system, vendor, odm, oem, vgc, recovery)
    4. Flash adb enabled recovery
    5. Push ota to /data
    6. Use modified misc.img to install from /data

I am writing a guide for the manual, heavier version right now. But it involves a lot of flashing and I cant garantuee that it will work on every phone.

@Waylan2022 : Seems like your bootloader is locked?! What are you trying to achieve there?
    you can try to flash gsi with integrated root like LOS, then backup partitions with dd if=/dev/block/... of=/....
    As a safer alternative, don't flash, temporarily boot it with DSU Sideloader. That keeps the entire stock OS intact, both for complete dumping and for using after you're done with it.
    (Saw this post in the sidebar, felt interested, plus I've used this method on a few devices already)
    Im not a developer either so this is as far as I can go sadly. I tried flashing all img's from the FunTouch update to their corresponding partitions but the phone boots into a blackscreen and then bootlop.
    The recovery is english though. It lets me install CN Firmware update in recovery but not the FunTouch update. So the check is deeper than that.

Easily flashed back my chinese firmware and it is working - there has to be a way somehow.

Also NOTE: The bootloader unlock will probably get fixed in a future update so I would NOT update unless we dont figure anything out in the next few months.
    How about if we root the phone first by magisk and editing the buildprop and change it value with vivo x70+ india version? Then we try to flash the funtouchOS. But first need someone with the files.