How To Guide Vivo x70 Pro+ Bootloader Unlock - HOW TO GUIDE

Search This thread

lilddd

Jan 15, 2022
Vivo X70 Pro+
Vivo X80 Pro
I had success with it but second time I was booting, I got stuck into bootloop, and device got very hot after idk, like 10 times of trying to boot? then it basiclyu got bricked, so I had to flash the backup then flashed OriginOS then locked bootloader. this is not something you wanted to happen.
Oh so bootloader unlock of X80 pro
has some problems
the good thing is your phone is not boroken happy to hear that.
Thanks for reply :)

Peter Trex

Jan 15, 2022
Yea thankfully it didnt break fully....
I mean Origin OS is nice too, I just dont like the notification problem and background restriction...
But I will just eliminate pem so it will be fine I think

Pervokur

Feb 15, 2022
I had success with it but second time I was booting, I got stuck into bootloop, and device got very hot after idk, like 10 times of trying to boot? then it basiclyu got bricked, so I had to flash the backup then flashed OriginOS then locked bootloader. this is not something you wanted to happen.
bootloop after unlocking or after flashing patched boot?

J0nDoe297

Oct 5, 2020
Can anyone help me install magisk on my vivo y31 (2021 model)? The bootloader is unlocked and it has stock funtouch os on it

frcraig

Jan 3, 2017
Halifax
WARNING! THIS IS EXPERIMENTAL, I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE WE CAN GO FROM HERE.
THIS MIGHT BREAK YOUR DEVICE!!!

UNLOCKING THE BOOTLOADER REQUIRES A WIPE AFTERWARDS!
UNLOCKING THE BOOTLOADER WILL DISABLE YOUR FINGERPRINT READER! (FIXED BY RELOCKING)
UNLOCKING THE BOOTLOADER MIGHT REMOVE BOKEH MODES FROM PORTRAIT. (NOT SURE)

This is a breakthrough! Thanks to our crazy russian friend in this thread I succeeded in opening the bootloader. (Origin OS)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Long Tutorial:
Download 1: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/guide-how-to-reboot-to-edl-from-fastboot.3394292/
Download 2 vivo fastboot_v2: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/how-to-unlock-bootloader-of-vivo-phones.3686690/
Download 3 vendor.img: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...hers-new-vivo-oppo-models-check-list.4440801/

NEEDED: Vivo USB Driver
NEEDED: ADB and Fastboot (Added to PATH)

1. Enable OEM Unlock in Developer Options
2. Connect your device via ADB
3. Use "adb reboot fastboot"
4. Use "fastboot reboot bootloader" -> This fastboot now looks different
5. Copy the vendor.img into the folder of Download 2
6. Open two cmd's in Download 2
7. Type in "fastboot vivo_bsp unlock_vivo" into the first one, hit enter
8. Type in "fastboot flash vendor vendor.img" into the second one, hit enter
9. Immediately switch back to the first one, press up and enter many times
10. If you time this right your bootloader is unlocked
11. Press the power button to restart the phone and see your bootloader warning
12. Let the phone restart a few times until it asks you to wipe
13. Select the first option, then select the one on the right to proceed

I unlocked, relocked and unlocked again to be sure, this seems to be a safe method!

Much thanks to @Naveen Singh and @Pervokur
Thank you for making Vivo unlocking possible. I have the Vivo X Note, and am happy with the Origin OS Ocean firmware, however, I need to unlock the bootloader and root in order to enable VoLTE. My plan, therefore, is to unlock and root with Magisk Canary. If anyone has already extracted the Boot.img file for this device (V2170A) could you upload it to make my life easier? Also, do I understand the above instructions, step 8. correctly: "fastboot flash vendor vendor.img" and use any .mp4 movie file that I have renamed "vendor.img"? If anyone has successfully unlocked the Vivo X Note and rooted with Magisk any advice before I begin would be very much appreciated.

lilddd

Jan 15, 2022
Vivo X70 Pro+
Vivo X80 Pro
Thank you for making Vivo unlocking possible. I have the Vivo X Note, and am happy with the Origin OS Ocean firmware, however, I need to unlock the bootloader and root in order to enable VoLTE. My plan, therefore, is to unlock and root with Magisk Canary. If anyone has already extracted the Boot.img file for this device (V2170A) could you upload it to make my life easier? Also, do I understand the above instructions, step 8. correctly: "fastboot flash vendor vendor.img" and use any .mp4 movie file that I have renamed "vendor.img"? If anyone has successfully unlocked the Vivo X Note and rooted with Magisk any advice before I begin would be very much appreciated.
Vendor.img download below link.
after BL unlock, root and make VoLTE toggle.

tell me your S/W ver.
I have 12.0.12.5 boot.img and patched boot.img

frcraig

Jan 3, 2017
Halifax
Vendor.img download below link.
after BL unlock, root and make VoLTE toggle.

tell me your S/W ver.
I have 12.0.12.5 boot.img and patched boot.img
Just curious where you got 12.0.12.5 firmware for your Vivo X Note? Was it on the internet or did your phone update to that version? I can only find 12.0.12.4 on the Vivo (CN) site, but my phone has updated itself to 12.0.13.5 and as I can't find that firmware online I can't extract and patch the boot.img in order to install Magisk Canary. If I can't find my firmware then I might try the Vivo downgrader software to flash an earlier firmware and then unlock the bootloader, extract the boot.img from that firmware, patch it and install Magisk. That is a lot of work just to be able to toggle VoLTE on, but there is no other way.

lilddd

Jan 15, 2022
Vivo X70 Pro+
Vivo X80 Pro
Just curious where you got 12.0.12.5 firmware for your Vivo X Note? Was it on the internet or did your phone update to that version? I can only find 12.0.12.4 on the Vivo (CN) site, but my phone has updated itself to 12.0.13.5 and as I can't find that firmware online I can't extract and patch the boot.img in order to install Magisk Canary. If I can't find my firmware then I might try the Vivo downgrader software to flash an earlier firmware and then unlock the bootloader, extract the boot.img from that firmware, patch it and install Magisk. That is a lot of work just to be able to toggle VoLTE on, but there is no other way.
Just use rooted recovery.img
with rooted 12.0.12.4 recovery.img, I extracted 12.0.12.5 boot.img.
MR. pervokur will help you to get rooted recovery.img
after unlock, flash rooted recovery.img
and you can get boot.img of your version in recovery mode
and root, make VoLTE toggle, set MBN, EFS patch.

tohanov

Jun 13, 2022
For convenience, here's an automatic unlocking script: LINK
it works on windows only
unzip and just double-click the unlock.bat file

frcraig

Jan 3, 2017
Halifax
For convenience, here's an automatic unlocking script: LINK
it works on windows only
unzip and just double-click the unlock.bat file
I tried this method on my Vivo X Note and it was unsuccessful. I put the contents of the Zip into a folder on my computer that I created called Download2, put the vendor.img into that folder as well, opened a cmd prompt in the folder and ran unlock.bat, but this is the message I get:

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.22000.778]
(c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Download2>adb reboot fastboot
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *

C:\Download2>fastboot reboot-bootloader
rebooting into bootloader...
OKAY [ 0.001s]
finished. total time: 0.001s

C:\Download2>unlock.bat

C:\Download2>powershell .\unlock.ps1
[*] waiting for a device in bootloader mode (might take a min)
[*] found, beginning process
[*] running unlocking
[*] done with commands, rebooting to bootloader for changes to take effect
[*] waiting for the device to come back to bootloader mode to check unlocking status (might take a min)
[!] seems to have failed unlocking
[?] retry (y/n)? [default=n]:

lilddd

Jan 15, 2022
Vivo X70 Pro+
Vivo X80 Pro
I tried this method on my Vivo X Note and it was unsuccessful. I put the contents of the Zip into a folder on my computer that I created called Download2, put the vendor.img into that folder as well, opened a cmd prompt in the folder and ran unlock.bat, but this is the message I get:

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.22000.778]
(c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Download2>adb reboot fastboot
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *

C:\Download2>fastboot reboot-bootloader
rebooting into bootloader...
OKAY [ 0.001s]
finished. total time: 0.001s

C:\Download2>unlock.bat

C:\Download2>powershell .\unlock.ps1
[*] waiting for a device in bootloader mode (might take a min)
[*] found, beginning process
[*] running unlocking
[*] done with commands, rebooting to bootloader for changes to take effect
[*] waiting for the device to come back to bootloader mode to check unlocking status (might take a min)
[!] seems to have failed unlocking
[?] retry (y/n)? [default=n]:
if your android security update version
is 2022/05/01 it's not unlockable
only before 2022/04/01 version can unlock.
all 2022/05/01 updated devices can't unlock.
that is why I can not unlock X80 pro :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ah i see, thank you for confirmation

how about the x80 pro ? You unlocked your x80 pro as well if i recall correctly right ?

is the fingerprint also disabled on x80 ?
    All function of 80 pro
    is all alright
    after unlock BL, and even root.
    WARNING! THIS IS EXPERIMENTAL, I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE WE CAN GO FROM HERE.
    THIS MIGHT BREAK YOUR DEVICE!!!

UNLOCKING THE BOOTLOADER REQUIRES A WIPE AFTERWARDS!
    UNLOCKING THE BOOTLOADER WILL DISABLE YOUR FINGERPRINT READER! (FIXED BY RELOCKING)
    UNLOCKING THE BOOTLOADER MIGHT REMOVE BOKEH MODES FROM PORTRAIT. (NOT SURE)

This is a breakthrough! Thanks to our crazy russian friend in this thread I succeeded in opening the bootloader. (Origin OS)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Long Tutorial:
    Download 1: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/guide-how-to-reboot-to-edl-from-fastboot.3394292/
    Download 2 vivo fastboot_v2: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/how-to-unlock-bootloader-of-vivo-phones.3686690/
    Download 3 vendor.img: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...hers-new-vivo-oppo-models-check-list.4440801/

NEEDED: Vivo USB Driver
    NEEDED: ADB and Fastboot (Added to PATH)

1. Enable OEM Unlock in Developer Options
    2. Connect your device via ADB
    3. Use "adb reboot fastboot"
    4. Use "fastboot reboot bootloader" -> This fastboot now looks different
    5. Copy the vendor.img into the folder of Download 2
    6. Open two cmd's in Download 2
    7. Type in "fastboot vivo_bsp unlock_vivo" into the first one, hit enter
    8. Type in "fastboot flash vendor vendor.img" into the second one, hit enter
    9. Immediately switch back to the first one, press up and enter many times
    10. If you time this right your bootloader is unlocked
    11. Press the power button to restart the phone and see your bootloader warning
    12. Let the phone restart a few times until it asks you to wipe
    13. Select the first option, then select the one on the right to proceed

I unlocked, relocked and unlocked again to be sure, this seems to be a safe method!

Much thanks to @Naveen Singh and @Pervokur
    I will write a full guide and share my files once I get developer access on android file host. Generally it should be possible to switch OriginOS -> Funtouch (and the other way around) on every vivo phone that has the same hardware for both versions. You just need a qfil / split rom and a newer ota update of the target firmware.

General Guide can be found here.
    Any updates on this? Is it possible to safely flash Funtouch to china version?

I am on Funtouch now with working signal. I also have a method to return to Origin OS.
    OTA Updates CAN disable signal again until you fix it after updating but that shouldnt be that big of a problem.

IN THEORY there should be a better way than flashing huge partitions:
    1. Unlock Bootloader
    2. Install magisk and make all partitions read-writeable
    3. Edit ALL build.props to replace system identifiers with the indian version (system, vendor, odm, oem, vgc, recovery)
    4. Flash adb enabled recovery
    5. Push ota to /data
    6. Use modified misc.img to install from /data

I am writing a guide for the manual, heavier version right now. But it involves a lot of flashing and I cant garantuee that it will work on every phone.

@Waylan2022 : Seems like your bootloader is locked?! What are you trying to achieve there?
    you can try to flash gsi with integrated root like LOS, then backup partitions with dd if=/dev/block/... of=/....
    As a safer alternative, don't flash, temporarily boot it with DSU Sideloader. That keeps the entire stock OS intact, both for complete dumping and for using after you're done with it.
    (Saw this post in the sidebar, felt interested, plus I've used this method on a few devices already)
    Im not a developer either so this is as far as I can go sadly. I tried flashing all img's from the FunTouch update to their corresponding partitions but the phone boots into a blackscreen and then bootlop.
    The recovery is english though. It lets me install CN Firmware update in recovery but not the FunTouch update. So the check is deeper than that.

Easily flashed back my chinese firmware and it is working - there has to be a way somehow.

Also NOTE: The bootloader unlock will probably get fixed in a future update so I would NOT update unless we dont figure anything out in the next few months.
    How about if we root the phone first by magisk and editing the buildprop and change it value with vivo x70+ india version? Then we try to flash the funtouchOS. But first need someone with the files.