Question Vivo X80 Pro AOD Notifications

Search This thread

Vivo_Fan

Jun 16, 2022
Hello

I have the Vivo X80 Pro CN, Dim9000, with Ocean Origin OS.
Last weekend i configure the phone and all works perfect for me.
The device was now 1 week on my desk and all notification was shown on the AOD.
Now since yesterday this doesn´t work any longer. Notifications are no longer displayed on the AOD.
Only the fingerprint sensor and charging animations.
This behavior occurred after the battery dropped below 53%, after charging and several restarts, this behavior is still there

In this week nothing changed or installed on the phone

Last edited:

renderjoe

Jun 28, 2022
You say ALL notification were shown on the AOD? Really all, that means WhatsApp, Outlook, Facebook and more? Because OriginOS normally only shows notifications from the Vivo telephone or Vivo messaging app, nothing else…

Tauchiba

Jul 4, 2022
You say ALL notification were shown on the AOD? Really all, that means WhatsApp, Outlook, Facebook and more? Because OriginOS normally only shows notifications from the Vivo telephone or Vivo messaging app, nothing else…
I get the same issue as you. Notifications only popup when you have the app active recently. Once I don't use that app for a period of time, I usually never get any notifications on OriginOS :/

MSandro

Jul 18, 2022
Same issue with FuntouchOS, restarting my phone solved the issue for 1-2 days.

Dutch-Vivo

Mar 3, 2022
The notifications with Vivo devices have become one of Life's mysteries ....
It's not the first device to have this and it's ofcourse all down to the software.
It's a pain as there seems to be no logic as it might work today and not tomorrow, then certain apps have it and others don't, some are shown with a huge delay, etc etc ....
And this is ofcourse after all the proper settings have been applied (power management settings on apps) to prevent notifications from being hidden or not pushed due to energy saving for instance.

This is a NO GO for a lot of people because a smartphone should be about convenience and not about launching all apps to see if you have any new messages, alerts and whatnot.
For some people missing the notifications (or having them being delayed) can cost them serious money.