Question Vivo X80 Pro [Origin OS, CN Version] - Bugs & Experiences - Let's share

Search This thread

tankren

Jul 22, 2011
the problem is dark mode. I have the same problem with Telegram. with clear mode no problem.
thank for the hint,I think bug in darkmode is the root cause,I can get the notification sound but no visual in notification center, clearmode is ok!

I have reported this system level bug to the PM of iQOO(subsidiary of vivo, they share the same OS) via weibo, hope they can fix it in the later release!

ANIKUDI

Aug 20, 2022
Question to users of Dim9000 variant, how is the battery life & heat management compared to the 8Gen1?
I'm considering getting it because of its efficiency.

iGP_JackB

Aug 21, 2022
The latest update has fixed this issue for me. I was experiencing it too until yesterday's OriginOS update.

ZarW

Jun 16, 2022
Notification issues appeared again

Having the Update PD2186C_A_12.0.19.3.W10.V000L1 (installed ~2 weeks ago) and started to uninstall further chinese system apps due to the issue of double tapping the power button (vivo wallet opens...), my Vivo X80 somehow struggles with the notifications.

Which notifications are not working or delayed (up to 10hours):
- Threema
- Signal

Settings:
- still the settings #11 in this thread

Uninstalled apps (ADB AppControl, v1.7.7.1)
no success (disabling wasn't possible either):
- com.vivo.launcher
- com.vivo.accessibility
- com.vivo.contentcatcher
- com.vivo.wallet
- com.vivo.globalsearch
- com.vivo.weather.provider

sucessful:
- com.vivo.nfc

Did anyone make the same experience: the more chinese apps you uninstall the worse the notifications?

Still facing the echo-issue using USB-C Earphone Adapter & volume far too high

Any suggestions?

BTW: I adjusted the threads name to face all issues considering the Origins OS version. I somehow become confused mixing funtouch and origin version in one thread. Please use this thread for issues with the chinese version.

maxant69

Nov 18, 2011
Sony Xperia 1 III
Sony Xperia 5 III
Notification issues appeared again

Having the Update PD2186C_A_12.0.19.3.W10.V000L1 (installed ~2 weeks ago) and started to uninstall further chinese system apps due to the issue of double tapping the power button (vivo wallet opens...), my Vivo X80 somehow struggles with the notifications.

Which notifications are not working or delayed (up to 10hours):
- Threema
- Signal

Settings:
- still the settings #11 in this thread

Uninstalled apps (ADB AppControl, v1.7.7.1)
no success (disabling wasn't possible either):
- com.vivo.launcher
- com.vivo.accessibility
- com.vivo.contentcatcher
- com.vivo.wallet
- com.vivo.globalsearch
- com.vivo.weather.provider

sucessful:
- com.vivo.nfc

Did anyone make the same experience: the more chinese apps you uninstall the worse the notifications?

Still facing the echo-issue using USB-C Earphone Adapter & volume far too high

Any suggestions?

BTW: I adjusted the threads name to face all issues considering the Origins OS version. I somehow become confused mixing funtouch and origin version in one thread. Please use this thread for issues with the chinese version.
I have X Note and after last update Google Play Services stopped working until I re-enable com.vivo.pem.
Even if I tried to disconnect from my Google account I cannot login again (Google server not reachable).

ZarW

Jun 16, 2022
I made the same experience after installing an update, but the solution is simple. Have you checked the following:

Settings/accounts & synchronization/Google services (at the bottom) -> turn on Google services

Very interesting - maybe the new update changed everything which I solved before - it makes me a bit frustrated. Anyway, Threema notifications are working again. Let's see how it will develope.

maxant69

Nov 18, 2011
Sony Xperia 1 III
Sony Xperia 5 III
I made the same experience after installing an update, but the solution is simple. Have you checked the following:

Settings/accounts & synchronization/Google services (at the bottom) -> turn on Google services

Very interesting - maybe the new update changed everything which I solved before - it makes me a bit frustrated. Anyway, Threema notifications are working again. Let's see how it will develope.
For me your solution didn't work. I clear cache, disconnect from google account and i cannot login again.
error “there was a problem communicating with Google server”

Music&Art

Dec 14, 2015
I had the same issue with the Google Play Services not working on my CN X80 Pro. For me I had the issue on any of the software versions after I unlocked my bootloader and rooted the phone. I came across this video online about how unlocking the bootloader breaks the Safety Net and ended up fixing it. For now it still works. Before I would reset my phone and it would work a few days then the same issue would come up. I posted about it in the other issue/bug sharing thread but no one helped or said anything about this issue.

beemer1972

Sep 23, 2010
Seeing as this is the most active thread here goes. While getting rid of the Chinese crap ware on my 9 pro running origin I have by mistake deleted the browser. So I can not download a APK for Google as it does not allow searching due to me deleting the browser. How the hell do I get round this? Damn and blast.

Thanks in advance

Music&Art

Dec 14, 2015
Seeing as this is the most active thread here goes. While getting rid of the Chinese crap ware on my 9 pro running origin I have by mistake deleted the browser. So I can not download a APK for Google as it does not allow searching due to me deleting the browser. How the hell do I get round this? Damn and blast.

Thanks in advance
Download the apk for Google on your computer then move it to your internal storage on the phone.

Reactions: beemer1972

augenio

Sep 5, 2017
I bought a X80 Pro and discovered this issue with Wear OS. It just didn't run the version on Play store. Ok, V-App version is just fine, but don't let me put Google Pay to work on my watch. Is there any solution for it?

ZarW

Jun 16, 2022
No way Google Pay works only on the phone, not from the watch
I can confirm that. Google pay is working perfectly on the Vivo x80 pro Origin OS version.

Currently, my Google services are deactivating itself almost every second day automatically - I just do not know why. There was no update, nothing... I always notice it, when my Gboard does not show up.

Solution as posted before: settings/account & synchronization/Google services/turn on

augenio

Sep 5, 2017
But you can use Wear OS from Play Store? In my phone I have to keep both (play store and v-app) so I can make the app work properly and I just can't figure out why

ZarW

Jun 16, 2022
I do not use this app, but I checked the recent reviews of wear os, therefore, I guess it is an app issue after the latest update.

• Sad
Reactions: augenio

ZarW

Jun 16, 2022
Since the last update I experienced automatic wallpaper changes on lock-screen although I turned everything off and set a private one. Before the update my private wallpaper was not changed!

Every morning, after every restart I will find a random wallpaper with some Chinese text as lock screen. This is just another little issue which annoys me. If anyone experienced the same issue or even better, knows how to solve it, let me know.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just got the new update and the device is certified again, then Google Wallet is working again
    Just use the light mode and change the settings of your apps to dark/night mode. Still hoping Vivo will fix these issues within the next update!

(my) known issues (maybe a Vivo developer follows this thread - do not know how to share these issues with Vivo):
    - Google services turn off automatically from time to time: still existing
    - message app window sometimes closes and can no longer be opened (restarting phone will help sometimes): still existing
    - always on display settings can not be opened, settings window always crashs (frustrating): still existing
    - dark mode issues (notifactions are worse): still existing
    - general notification issues, sometimes notifactions are not working or are delayed (especially always after updates - all settings need to be checked again): still existing
    - random wallpaper changes for the lockscreen: apparently fixed
    - contact and favorite contact list issue: apparently fixed

new, Oct '22
    - NFC Google wallet issues with the new Oct 2022 update A_12.0.21.W10.V000L1 - device is not certified in google playstore, (with the old version A_12.0.20.W10.V000L1 NFC google wallet is still working and device is also certified in google playstore): still existing
    Screenshot_20221108_185102.jpg
    Dear Forum,

after scanning the x60 and x70 threads about notification issues I'm still struggling with missing notifications and badges for certain apps [in this case Signal and Threema]. What I did so far:

- uninstall com.vivo.pem via ADB App Control
    - set notification settings correctly for the apps: (Allow notification, allow smart notification, Floating notifications on (Threema, Signal), Lock screen notifications on (Threema, Signal), display notification details on lock screen, Chats: priority display) // (Home Screen icon badges only for Whatsapp available for some reason)
    - set single permission settings for the apps: autostart on, startup on, floating window on, desktop shotcuts on, display on lock screen on, background pop-ups on, Remove permissions and free up space off
    - set display settings: show on the off-screen on, show on the lock screen on, show on the home screen on, show in the status bar on, notification method: original icon
    - set battery settings correctly: Boost mode, saving mode off, high background power usage on, always on display on, optimize battery life off, auto enable battery saver off

[Phone settings: Drawer style, dark mode, Android Style control center, Vivo Origin System Launcher]

Whatsapp is working: Home Screen notifications, badges, also lock screen notifications - Threema and Signal are not working, driving me a bit crazy. "Sometimes" there is a notification sound, sometimes not. Starring at the lock screen with turned on blue ambilight, it sometimes appears, sometimes not. So my questions:

1) Is there anyone who has experience with Signal and Threema notifications on a Vivo device and could share his/her solution?
    2) Should I uninstall also com.vivo.abe and com.iqoo.powersaving?
    3) There are no badges for almost all third party apps (Whatsapp badges are working) - is there a way to change it, to get also badges for Signal, Threema, Telegram and so on? (Change Launcher?)

I appreciate your help!
    the problem is dark mode. I have the same problem with Telegram. with clear mode no problem.
    You are right about origin os...thanks again, I didn't put previously in boost mode and I only disabled com.vivo.pem...do you think that disabling is not enough?
    To be honest, I do not know. While getting it working step by step I was very impatient at some point, so I can not tell you which setting is really needed to get it working - please feel free to test it step by step to figure out which settings are really needed. I will post my settings again a bit more structured.

The only thing I can tell you: I have uninstalled neither com.vivo.abe nor com.iqoo.powersaving, but with the settings below, uninstall of com.vivo.pem and a phone restart my notifications are working perfectly.

Tested and successfully working with Signal, Telegram, Threema, Whatsapp (Vivo X80 Pro, Origin OS, Dim 9000):
    1) uninstall com.vivo.pem via ADB App Control

2) set notification settings correctly for the certain app (Settings/Notifications/App notifications/APP):
    2a) allow notification
    2b) allow smart notification
    2c) floating notifications on
    2d) Lock screen notifications on
    2e) display notification details on lock screen on
    2f) Chats: priority display (if there are chats listed, choose priority display)

3) set single permission settings for the certain app (long press App/App Info/App Permission/Settings Single Permission):
    3a) autostart on
    3b) startup on
    3c) floating window on
    3d) desktop shotcuts on
    3e) display on lock screen on
    3f) background pop-ups on

4) set single permission settings for the certain app (long press App/App Info/App Permission):
    4a) permissions and free up space off

5) set display settings (Settings/Notifications/Display settings):
    5a) show on the off-screen on
    5b) show on the lock screen on
    5c) show on the home screen on
    5d) show in the status bar on
    5e) notification method: original icon

6) set battery settings correctly (Settings/Battery):
    6a) Boost mode on
    6b) saving mode off

7) set battery settings correctly (Settings/Battery/More settings):
    7a) always on display on
    7b) optimize battery life off
    7c) auto enable battery saver off

8) set battery settings for App correctly (Settings/Battery/background power consumption/App):
    8a) high background power usage on

9) Restart Phone
    Same problem with Google's Messages app, so can't see when I receive a SMS.
    I hope they will fix this ASAP.
    1) Set settings of the app like in 1st message
    2) Set settings of battery/energy usage like in 1st message
    3) Switch to bright/light-mode
    4) restart phone

-> after doing that, almost 100% of all Threema message are shown as notification. Still struggling with AquaMail, but this will be fixed within next days.
    Thanks a lot for your suggestions, but no way to make the Telegram notifactions work...any suggestion? I don't have a sim inside the phone for the moment, but I don't think this is the problem
    1) set settings like in post 1
    2) unmute chat in telegram (telegram itself)
    3) switch into boost mode (battery settings)
    4) allow background activity (battery settings)
    5) turn off dark mode

6) restart phone

-> telegram is working perfectly for me with settings from post 1 and dark mode turned off. Always restart your phone to get things work. To be honest, this origin os behaves sometimes really strange :/ hope you get it work.

Thanks in advance
    Download the apk for Google on your computer then move it to your internal storage on the phone.