Question Vivo X80 Pro [Origin OS, CN Version] - Bugs & Experiences - Let's share

Search This thread

ZarW

Jun 16, 2022
greeting from China!
I have reported this system level bug in darkmode to the PM of iQOO(subsidiary of vivo, they share the same OS) via weibo, hope they can fix it in the later release!
Nice. Is there a way to share issues and challenges with Vivo?

After my last update the always on settings can not be opened anymore. Clicking on always on display the menu will return to the general settings. Also after each restart the wallpaper lock screen background is automatically changed to Chinese background (with Chinese text)... This is really annoying!!! And it was not there before the last update!

beemer1972

Sep 23, 2010
Me again. Lol. The APK via external worked fine for a while. But now it's the same. It started not communicating with Google servers for some reason and dropped the theme I installed. Also has anyone else noticed that origin os does not allow national lottery and certain (gay) dating apps? Play store is a no go so I used APK pure.

ZarW

Jun 16, 2022
Me again. Lol. The APK via external worked fine for a while. But now it's the same. It started not communicating with Google servers for some reason and dropped the theme I installed. Also has anyone else noticed that origin os does not allow national lottery and certain (gay) dating apps? Play store is a no go so I used APK pure.
Today, the phone warned me installing the update of "Binance". :) They are watching us....

Music&Art

Dec 14, 2015
After the latest update, all of my apps are now able to be opened in small windows. In the beginning, it was only a few system apps. Someone had mentioned it before. That seems to be fixed now on Origin OS.

ZarW

Jun 16, 2022
New issue (just noticed now) - opening the messages is defect. The window opens and closes after 0.5s - a second try has been always successful. But!

Since today, I can not open my messages anymore. The window opens and closes again automatically. Anyone with this issue? I'm unable to check normal sms! That's absolutely not acceptable!

Will install the update, maybe it will fix it!

thebestOne1

Oct 16, 2022
I'm on CN version of the vivo X80 Pro, and it's about customisation, when dark mode is enabled i can't customis the accent colors of the phone and other stuff like that, any way to fix that plz ?

ZarW

Jun 16, 2022
I'm on CN version of the vivo X80 Pro, and it's about customisation, when dark mode is enabled i can't customis the accent colors of the phone and other stuff like that, any way to fix that plz ?
Just use the light mode and change the settings of your apps to dark/night mode. Still hoping Vivo will fix these issues within the next update!

Status January 2nd 2023
(my) known issues (maybe a Vivo developer follows this thread - do not know how to share these issues with Vivo):
1) Google services turn off automatically from time to time: apparently fixed (Dec '22)
2) message app window sometimes closes and can no longer be opened (restarting phone will help sometimes): apparently fixed (Dec '22)
3) always on display settings can not be opened, settings window always crashs (frustrating): still existing
4) dark mode issues (notifactions are worse than in light mode): still existing
5) general notification issues, sometimes notifactions are not working or are delayed (especially always after updates - all settings need to be checked again): still existing
6) volume of headset very loud even on lowest level (too less volume levels especially in the low volume area): still existing
7) echo for dialog partners while having a call using a USB-C Adapter for my headset: apparently fixed (Sep '22)
8) random wallpaper changes for the lockscreen: apparently fixed (Sep '22)
9) contact and favorite contact list issue (missing contacts, double contacts): apparently fixed (Sep '22)
10) NFC Google wallet issues with the new Oct 2022 update A_12.0.21.W10.V000L1 - device is not certified in google playstore, (with the old version A_12.0.20.W10.V000L1 NFC google wallet is still working and device is also certified in google playstore): apparently fixed with PD2186C_A_12.0.21.3.W10.V000L1 & PD2186B_A_12.0.21.3.W10.V000L1 (Nov '22)
11) NFC Google Wallet is working again with Origin OS3 and PD2186C_A_13.1.9.8.W10.V000L1 - 2023/January 2nd (With the version PD2186C_A_12.0.21.84.W10.V000L1 NFC Google wallet is not working)

(new, December 13th)
12) Google Playstore App Updates/Installation impossible, it's a bug. Current solution: Settings/Accounts/Google Services -> turn off - wait 5-10s - turn on again -> it should work again

=> If you have any further issue, please share.
=> my impression so far: Vivo developers are doing their job.

Last edited:

camy84

Sep 10, 2009
Just got the new update and the device is certified again, then Google Wallet is working again
Just use the light mode and change the settings of your apps to dark/night mode. Still hoping Vivo will fix these issues within the next update!

(my) known issues (maybe a Vivo developer follows this thread - do not know how to share these issues with Vivo):
- Google services turn off automatically from time to time: still existing
- message app window sometimes closes and can no longer be opened (restarting phone will help sometimes): still existing
- always on display settings can not be opened, settings window always crashs (frustrating): still existing
- dark mode issues (notifactions are worse): still existing
- general notification issues, sometimes notifactions are not working or are delayed (especially always after updates - all settings need to be checked again): still existing
- random wallpaper changes for the lockscreen: apparently fixed
- contact and favorite contact list issue: apparently fixed

new, Oct '22
- NFC Google wallet issues with the new Oct 2022 update A_12.0.21.W10.V000L1 - device is not certified in google playstore, (with the old version A_12.0.20.W10.V000L1 NFC google wallet is still working and device is also certified in google playstore): still existing
Screenshot_20221108_185102.jpg

Reactions: ZarW

marsreis

Apr 26, 2016
A bug I recently noticed has to do with the auto brightness setting. When the phone is in a very bright environment it goes into an ultra bright mode that is great as it also alters the colors to enhance the screen visibility. The problem is when it goes back to normal lighting, the brightness returns to normal, but the colors remain altered. It takes a reboot to get the colors back to normal.

ZarW

Jun 16, 2022
Since today and after the last update my google Wallet is not working anymore, "smartphone does not meet the software requirements - rooted or non certified software on the phone" with PD2186C_A_12.0.21.84.W10.V000L1 - check #49 of this thread.

Alelipa

Mar 6, 2022
Hi guys,my x80 pro runs on orgin os 3 and since last update I can't update any apps through play store or even install new ones ,tried uninstalling,resetting phone and such and nothing helps . Can you suggest how to fix it ?

auwboyz

Dec 13, 2022
this is a bug. go to settings and scroll down to account.than go to google services and deactivate this. wait for 5 secends and activate.

this is a bug. go to settings and scroll down to account.than go to google services and deactivate this. wait for 5 secends and activate.

Status December 8th 2022
1) Google services turn off automatically from time to time: apparently fixed (Dec '22)
2) message app window sometimes closes and can no longer be opened (restarting phone will help sometimes): apparently fixed (Dec '22)
3) always on display settings can not be opened, settings window always crashs (frustrating): still existing
4) dark mode issues (notifactions are worse than in light mode): still existing
5) general notification issues, sometimes notifactions are not working or are delayed (especially always after updates - all settings need to be checked again): still existing
6) volume of headset very loud even on lowest level (too less volume levels especially in the low volume area): still existing
7) echo for dialog partners while having a call using a USB-C Adapter for my headset: apparently fixed (Sep '22)
8) random wallpaper changes for the lockscreen: apparently fixed (Sep '22)
9) contact and favorite contact list issue (missing contacts, double contacts): apparently fixed (Sep '22)
10) NFC Google wallet issues with the new Oct 2022 update A_12.0.21.W10.V000L1 - device is not certified in google playstore, (with the old version A_12.0.20.W10.V000L1 NFC google wallet is still working and device is also certified in google playstore): apparently fixed with PD2186C_A_12.0.21.3.W10.V000L1 & PD2186B_A_12.0.21.3.W10.V000L1 (Nov '22)

(new, December 8th)
11) NFC Google Wallet is not working anymore, "smartphone does not meet the software requirements - rooted or non certified software on the phone" with PD2186C_A_12.0.21.84.W10.V000L1

=> If you have any further issue, please share.

emeth

Sep 25, 2007
Hi. Does anyone own a Vivo phone and a Garmin watch (Fenix 7 solar)? I have a problem with notifications, it doesn't show me alarms and calendar notifications. Other notifications works perfect. Any advice?

ZarW

Jun 16, 2022
What do you mean exactly? Notifications on your watch or notifications of your Garmin connect app?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Statusboard January 30th 2023

Issues solved or solution existing

• Google services turn off automatically from time to time: apparently fixed (Dec '22)
    • message app window sometimes closes and can no longer be opened (restarting phone will help sometimes): apparently fixed (Dec '22)
    • echo for dialog partners while having a call using a USB-C Adapter for my headset (recommendation also possible during the call: plug out your adapter, wait, plug in the adapter again until headphones are shown within the notification bar): apparently fixed (Sep '22)
    • random wallpaper changes for the lockscreen: apparently fixed (Sep '22)
    • contact and favorite contact list issue (missing contacts, double contacts): apparently fixed (Sep '22)
    • NFC Google wallet issues with the new Oct 2022 update A_12.0.21.W10.V000L1 - device is not certified in google playstore, (with the old version A_12.0.20.W10.V000L1 NFC google wallet is still working and device is also certified in google playstore): apparently fixed with PD2186C_A_12.0.21.3.W10.V000L1 & PD2186B_A_12.0.21.3.W10.V000L1 (Nov '22)
    • NFC Google Wallet is working again with Origin OS3 and PD2186C_A_13.1.9.8.W10.V000L1 - 2023/January 2nd (With the version PD2186C_A_12.0.21.84.W10.V000L1 NFC Google wallet is not working)
    • Google Playstore App Updates/Installation impossible, it's a bug. Current solution: Settings/Accounts/Google Services -> turn off - wait 5-10s - turn on again -> it should work again

Issues still existing
    • always on display settings can not be opened, settings window always crashes (frustrating): still existing
    • dark mode issues (notifactions are worse than in light mode): still existing
    • general notification issues, sometimes notifactions are not working or are delayed (especially after updates - all settings need to be checked again): still existing
    • volume of headset very loud even on lowest level (too less volume levels especially in the low volume area): still existing
    • Warning of Binance app installation/update (I guess, it's a political issue), anyway - Binance is working 100%, it's only about the warning: still existing
    New issues - January 30th 2023
    • Lockscreen Date shows "15:31, T1, Monday" - why there is a "T1" (since Origin 3 Update): still existing
    • Smartphone reminds me of chinese holidays (new year e.g.): still existing
    Dear Forum,

after scanning the x60 and x70 threads about notification issues I'm still struggling with missing notifications and badges for certain apps [in this case Signal and Threema]. What I did so far:

- uninstall com.vivo.pem via ADB App Control
    - set notification settings correctly for the apps: (Allow notification, allow smart notification, Floating notifications on (Threema, Signal), Lock screen notifications on (Threema, Signal), display notification details on lock screen, Chats: priority display) // (Home Screen icon badges only for Whatsapp available for some reason)
    - set single permission settings for the apps: autostart on, startup on, floating window on, desktop shotcuts on, display on lock screen on, background pop-ups on, Remove permissions and free up space off
    - set display settings: show on the off-screen on, show on the lock screen on, show on the home screen on, show in the status bar on, notification method: original icon
    - set battery settings correctly: Boost mode, saving mode off, high background power usage on, always on display on, optimize battery life off, auto enable battery saver off

[Phone settings: Drawer style, dark mode, Android Style control center, Vivo Origin System Launcher]

Whatsapp is working: Home Screen notifications, badges, also lock screen notifications - Threema and Signal are not working, driving me a bit crazy. "Sometimes" there is a notification sound, sometimes not. Starring at the lock screen with turned on blue ambilight, it sometimes appears, sometimes not. So my questions:

1) Is there anyone who has experience with Signal and Threema notifications on a Vivo device and could share his/her solution?
    2) Should I uninstall also com.vivo.abe and com.iqoo.powersaving?
    3) There are no badges for almost all third party apps (Whatsapp badges are working) - is there a way to change it, to get also badges for Signal, Threema, Telegram and so on? (Change Launcher?)

I appreciate your help!
    the problem is dark mode. I have the same problem with Telegram. with clear mode no problem.
    It works again! Thanks a lot man !
    Well... There´s nothing else to be done... I just decided to sell and buy another device. IQOO/VIVO NEVER AGAIN!!! My worst nightmmare!
    Your rage will not help anyone. Buy a phone (Samsung, Apple or old Nokia bone) which suits your needs before searching for experiments - I'm very sure that you knew about the issues before buying - especially about the notification and energy saving challenge as well as the google assistant problem. If not, then it's your own fault.

All main issues I had so far with my Vivo x80 pro have been solved by patience, thinking and trying, others issues have been solved by Vivo's update policy and little issues I do not care too much. This forum is the best place to share experiences, support and tips. I try my best to share my experiences and supportive attitude here in this forum even though I'm also a new member since this year.

Your comment is really not helpful for anyone. Maybe you will be more welcomed in a different subthread: "IQOO 7".