• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Vodafone smart ultra 6

Search This thread

jutley

Mar 23, 2006
UK
Well i haven't seen a forum or topic on this amazing phone from vodafone with amazing specs below. The phone can also be unlocked from ebay for £3.75 confirmed by me as i have one.

Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 specifications:
Dimensions: 154 x 77 x 8.35mm
Weight: 159g
Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 MSM8939, octa-core
Display: 5.5 inch Full HD (1080 x 1920)
Storage: 16GB, microSD (up to 128GB)
Memory: 2GB of RAM
Camera: 13Mp rear-facing LED flash, 5Mp front-facing
Operating system: Android 5.0, Lollipop
Battery: 3000mAh

QUICK REVIEW
First impressions:

1) Nippy little phone. Good quality screen - both bright and clear with little reflection.
2) Like the buttons below the screen - particularly the glowing centre button when I have a notification
3) After using for a few hours last night, impossible (for me) to use one handed. Do enjoy having large screen, but the size of device may take some getting used to. Think for me, I'd prefer a maximum of a 5inch screen. Didn't come as a surprise though as knew it was same size as iPhone 6 Plus
4) Appears well built, with no flex. Impressed with quality.
5) Played Monument Valley and Sonic Rush - both appeared fairly quick (although loading times were long, this may have been software.)
5) Overall, an absolute bargain at £125 if you can cope with size.

http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/pay...u86605-grey?dfacid=1&cid=aff-aw-default-47868

Unlock Code

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231517263748?clk_rvr_id=856351722907&rmvSB=true

Root Kingroot

http://androidxda.com/download-kingroot-application

Attachments

• vf_ultra_6_gr_lg_200x340.jpg
    vf_ultra_6_gr_lg_200x340.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 3,119
Last edited:

Snapdrago1

Jun 27, 2015
Usb/adb DRivers ?

Hi anyone know where I can obtain the usb / asb driver for the Vodafone smart ultra 6 ?
Just purchased it and having to transfer everything via bluetooth. Also can you confirm if the Kingroot application works on this device ? Thanks.

power10000

Dec 30, 2011
Turnov/Praha
Reactions: kevinmanc

mwarner

Jan 23, 2011
Kenilworth
If you just want to access your file system then you will need to enable the MTP setting in Settings / Storage. Click on the three dots in the top right to bring up the USB settings and enable MTP.

I have looked for the Android / ADB drivers on both the Vodafone site and ZTE's site without luck.

2n2u

Jul 20, 2010
I'll think I'll get this one to replace my old and faulty S3.

Do you think in terms of development (custom recovery,custom roms) there will be some options available in the future?

Last edited:

Snapdrago1

Jun 27, 2015
If you just want to access your file system then you will need to enable the MTP setting in Settings / Storage. Click on the three dots in the top right to bring up the USB settings and enable MTP.

I have looked for the Android / ADB drivers on both the Vodafone site and ZTE's site without luck.

Thank you very much , that has done the trick , now I can transfer files over USB . Thanks again

aspot72

Well i haven't seen a forum or topic on this amazing phone from vodafone with amazing specs below. The phone can also be unlocked from ebay for £3.75 confirmed by me as i have one.

Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 specifications:
Dimensions: 154 x 77 x 8.35mm
Weight: 159g
Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 MSM8939, octa-core
Display: 5.5 inch Full HD (1080 x 1920)
Storage: 16GB, microSD (up to 128GB)
Memory: 2GB of RAM
Camera: 13Mp rear-facing LED flash, 5Mp front-facing
Operating system: Android 5.0, Lollipop
Battery: 3000mAh

QUICK REVIEW
First impressions:

1) Nippy little phone. Good quality screen - both bright and clear with little reflection.
2) Like the buttons below the screen - particularly the glowing centre button when I have a notification
3) After using for a few hours last night, impossible (for me) to use one handed. Do enjoy having large screen, but the size of device may take some getting used to. Think for me, I'd prefer a maximum of a 5inch screen. Didn't come as a surprise though as knew it was same size as iPhone 6 Plus
4) Appears well built, with no flex. Impressed with quality.
5) Played Monument Valley and Sonic Rush - both appeared fairly quick (although loading times were long, this may have been software.)
5) Overall, an absolute bargain at £125 if you can cope with size.

http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/pay...u86605-grey?dfacid=1&cid=aff-aw-default-47868

Unlock Code

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231517263748?clk_rvr_id=856351722907&rmvSB=true

Root Kingroot

http://androidxda.com/download-kingroot-application

Can cofirm the unlock possibility. It took about 7 minutes to receive the code.

Kenneth131

Jul 25, 2010
Glasgow
just picked up one today and phones damn impressive for the price considering the rest in the price bracket. I have found a few bugs mainly the light capacitive keys in blue flicker when installing a new app and when they black out , they have a time limit on them you can chose between off - always on in stages, and you hit the menu key for recent apps, the blue back light fails to come on but hit the home or back button and they all light up again.

I would like to hope this phone gets some dev attention due to the price point and how versatile it is, I'm sure it will be a popular handset for many given the lack of choices in this price range and the high spec provided for the price

Anony-mous

Sep 25, 2012
Dublin
Roms

Ok so I've uninstalled the bloatware and the phone is working great but I'm still curious as to whether you can flash ROMs on this that are for the zte blade s6 plus since its essentially just rebadged, would this be possible? Does anyone know does it work like that?

silva_tcob

Jul 9, 2015
Madrid
Will roms for the ZTE Blade 6 Plus work on this?
would like to know more about this as well.
since the stock launcher is ridiculous i tried running Nova, but after rooting i got a bug of some sort: when you open the camera, i get an "unfortunately Gallery has stopped" error. Nova crashes and returns to the stock launcher. rebooting and reinstalling did not solve it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just thought I'd leave this here (sorry for the image sizes) :)

2sbakpl.jpg

wwheed.jpg

aczdi1.jpg

It boots, camera, wifi, phone etc doesn't work but then it wouldn't because I haven't done any work on the sensors yet, but it boots, so now the fun begins.

oh and I don't even use the phone anymore, got my oneplus two now but I'm determined to get the su6 running cm12 cos I don't like being defeated lol

please don't ask for eta or a build 'cos you won't get a reply sorry :) I'm only posting because I want to show all is not lost.
    I haven't had any time since test2 to do any work on the rom but this weekend I hope to at least get sound working.

Then I want to fix the kernel tags & ramdisk issue so I can get back to using kernel source as opposed to a pre-compiled kernel I did back in september, then it will be time to open up the device tree for others to grab and fork and help fix issues.
    I've been messing around building for the oneplus two and I had a bit of a eureka moment and managed to get a much better build for the SU6.

So here is a link to my first test build if anyone wants to just see cm12 on their SU6. phone and wifi work...

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A FULL TWRP BACKUP OF STOCK ROM SO YOU CAN RESTORE

I know there are bugs so please don't post this doesn't work etc, cos I know. :)

http://151.80.43.196/cm-12.1-20151007-UNOFFICIAL-p839v55_TEST2_lonespeaker.zip - TEST2: modified boot img.

Major Bugs:
    No Sound
    No Camera
    No Button LED
    No Haptic Feedback

If you don't know how to install TWRP and do a FULL BACKUP then this is not for you, sorry!

I know how impatient people can be on XDA so please don't hassle me about how soon stuff will get fixed, because I'm less likely to fix it if I get annoyed :)

I'll post up sources later today once I have got them tidied up a bit and I'm sure the build works for others. But for the record some of the work is from the Huawei G620 device tree, moto xplay and my own stuff, all hacked together somehow - so needs lots of tidying up to make a fully working SU6 rom.

2q99v1z.png

Well here's something for your amusement.

Resurrection Remix 5.5.9
    sources: vendor device

Should work on top of 5.1.
    Probably won't work on 5.0

usual things apply, wipe everything, warranty now void, i take no responsibility for bricking your phone, yadda yadda.

Working: Wifi, bluetooth (well it pairs with my other phone), NFC (makes a sound when tapping phones together)
    Not working: camera.
    unknown (but i doubt it) phone,data

Known issue: CPU's aren't correctly initialized, so the initial boot takes ages, i suggest once its completed you enable them in the Kernel Adiutor and select a governor.
    CM-12.1 for ZTE/p839v55

Hi There.

For anyone adventurous enough I have a build of CM-12.1 for the SU6, its a very early days but it "works for me" build. So i figured its time to get some more eyes on it. Standard disclaimer applies: "Any warranty you still had is now void. I take no responsibility if your device get bricked".

Only attempt installation if you know what you are doing.

Rules
    1. I will not answer any questions about getting root or installing recovery.
    2. I will not be your personal google search assistant.
    3. If you don't know what you are doing and you try installing this and have problems I will most likely ignore you.
    4. Don't ask for anything remotely resembling an ETA, I will ignore you.

Now on to the fluffier stuff.
    I had a build installed on my phone last night in airplane mode, there was 0% battery drain overnight, so that bodes well.

Things that work for me:
    • WiFi
    • sensors (magno, accel)
    • opengapps/pico

Things that don't quite work:
    • notification backlight ( you can poke values into bln/brightness to turn it on )

Things that don't work:
    • camera
    • remounting / rw

Things I can't test (no SIM)
    • phone
    • 3g 4g

I'm not going to give detailed installation instructions, suffice it to say, its the usual:
    • TWRP backup before you start and keep it safe somewhere
    • wipe all
    • install zip.
    • install gapps
    • reboot

Download is here: ZTE-p839v55
    My initial phone came with a UK build of 5.0.2, if your's is different I don't know if it'll work, you tell me.

There will be bugs, that is a given, if you find something get a logcat from boot up and provide a detailed description of what you did and what happened. Also any relevant /data/tombstones/* files might be useful.

I will update this post with links to the sources in a couple of days once it's cleaned up and committed.
    If someone could look into getting us a dedicated xda forum then that would be great.

Thanks go to @lonespeaker @lightwars, i wouldn't have gotten this far without their input. Cheers peeps :)