• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Question Voice messages with whatsapp..bug?

Search This thread

Joe1951

Apr 13, 2021
problema scoperto ieri... mi sono arrivati dei messaggi vocali con whatsapp... ho notato che appena li ascolto lo schermo diventa nero ma si sente audio in sottofondo pianissimo... ed apena finisce il messaggio lo schermo ritorna a posto... ma la cosa strana è che non lo fa con tutti i messaggi vocali... alcuni riesco a essere tutti senza che succeda niente...

problema della MIUI 12.*** o di whatsapp ??

Grazie

----------

MOD EDIT: English Translation Below

problem discovered yesterday ... I received some voice messages with whatsapp ... I noticed that as soon as I listen to them the screen goes black but you hear audio in the background very slowly ... and as soon as the message ends the screen returns to its place ... but the weird thing is that it doesn't do it with all voicemails ... some I manage to be all without anything happening ...

problem of MIUI 12. *** or whatsapp ??

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
problema scoperto ieri... mi sono arrivati dei messaggi vocali con whatsapp... ho notato che appena li ascolto lo schermo diventa nero ma si sente audio in sottofondo pianissimo... ed apena finisce il messaggio lo schermo ritorna a posto... ma la cosa strana è che non lo fa con tutti i messaggi vocali... alcuni riesco a essere tutti senza che succeda niente...

problema della MIUI 12.*** o di whatsapp ??

Grazie

----------

problem discovered yesterday ... I received some voice messages with whatsapp ... I noticed that as soon as I listen to them the screen goes black but you hear audio in the background very slowly ... and as soon as the message ends the screen returns to its place ... but the weird thing is that it doesn't do it with all voicemails ... some I manage to be all without anything happening ...

problem of MIUI 12. *** or whatsapp ??

Thank you
Sorry I don't know what could cause the problem. Backup you WhatsApp chats and then reinstall WhatsApp?

Marianopela

Apr 6, 2012
Moto G5
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
potrebbe non essere WA ma il sensore di prossimità ??

----------

it may not be WA but the proximity sensor ??
Parla in inglese per favore. È un problema del sensore di prossimità, comune negli Xiaomi, soprattutto con la MIUI. Prova qualcuna delle rom AOSP

ENG: English please. It's a common problem with Xiami devices with MIUI, regarding the proximity sensor. Give some of the AOSP ROMs a try

sturges

Apr 14, 2021
I have the same issue (screen goes black while listening to wa voice messages) and I'm using LineageOS 18.1, so I don't think it's a problem with MIUI

sturges

Apr 14, 2021
I've tried recalibrating auto-brightness but it didn't work.

Two other solutions I've yet to try:

2) Recalibrate the proximity sensor:
- Go to the app Phone
- Enter the code from the numeric keypad * # * # 6484 # * # * and a secret menu should open where you can access the proximity sensor calibration
- Go up Proximity Sensor Test and perform the calibration by placing the phone close to the ear (the test must be done when the value is zero). When calibration is complete you should see the message Calibration success
- Turn the device off and on again

or

2) Completely disable the proximity sensor:
Open dial pad. Hit menu i.e. the three bars on lower left corner of the phone. Then follow > Settings > call settings > incoming call settings > proximity sensor > off, to switch off the proximity sensor activities during the calls.

Last edited:

sturges

Apr 14, 2021
I was hoping the new poco firmware 12.5 fixed the proximity sensor issues, it seems it hasn't... I still have the same problem with whatsapp

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes it's a known problem I think. I mentioned it weeks ago. It's not only WhatsApp but every app playing an audio message :s

It's so so annoying as I receive many audios! Can't wait for a fix.
    Yes it's a known problem I think. I mentioned it weeks ago. It's not only WhatsApp but every app playing an audio message :s

It's so so annoying as I receive many audios! Can't wait for a fix.