• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Voice over Wifi?

Search This thread

Dometalican

May 27, 2018
So I got the phone and it's working really well. My biggest issue is the lack of VoWifi. I called T-Mobile and the tech felt it should have it.

When I dialed *#*#4636#*#* (I think it's that), VoWifi is greyed out. Is there any way to use ADB or anything to force-enable it? There's no way, with the LTE/5G bands it has that it cannot be enabled on T-Mobile...

jordidejongh

Jan 14, 2010
So I got the phone and it's working really well. My biggest issue is the lack of VoWifi. I called T-Mobile and the tech felt it should have it.

When I dialed *#*#4636#*#* (I think it's that), VoWifi is greyed out. Is there any way to use ADB or anything to force-enable it? There's no way, with the LTE/5G bands it has that it cannot be enabled on T-Mobile...
It can be related to your provider or it's SIM settings. I use Dual SIM. My Vodafone (NL) in SIM bay 1 has the WiFi-calling option. My KPN (NL) in bay 2 doesn't have it.

leony74

Apr 7, 2010
It can be related to your provider or it's SIM settings. I use Dual SIM. My Vodafone (NL) in SIM bay 1 has the WiFi-calling option. My KPN (NL) in bay 2 doesn't have it.
You will only get wifi calling on Google fi on xperia 1, xperia 1 ii and xperia 1 iii. I have used all three phones on tmobile and it doesnt get wifi calling but on Google fi they do.