Question Voice Typing Repeat of Words as a New Sentence

Search This thread

MacGuy2006

Sep 15, 2006
Does anyone experience an occasional repeat of a part of a sentence when voice typing?

For example, if I say say "I will see you on Tuesday" it will type "I will see you on Tuesday. You on Tuesday."

It happens to me maybe 15% of the time.

Still on the November update.

• Wow
Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
Does anyone experience an occasional repeat of a part of a sentence when voice typing?

For example, if I say say "I will see you on Tuesday" it will type "I will see you on Tuesday. You on Tuesday."

It happens to me maybe 15% of the time.

Still on the November update.
Hasn't happened to me before. Regular problems I get with voice typing are words getting falsely identified (my pronunciation leans more to British English, and it seems that Voice Typing favors American English). Plus, I have to "concentrate" on "properly" pronouncing every syllable, otherwise it won't work properly.

Punctuation also seems to be a hit and miss - I usually speak in multi-cause sentences ("long" sentences) with a lot of commatas... and, quite frankly, that AI is not up to the task.

(yes, I use the "new" GBoard Voice Typing)

MacGuy2006

Sep 15, 2006
Still happening, the December (really January) update didn't fix it.

It's really annoying. It may be related to the constant insistence on adding punctuation, although why does it repeat a part of the sentence is puzzling.

Solomon M

Oct 31, 2017
Yes many times that is why i just turned off the assistant voice typing feature.

It will also always add a space in front of what you start saying.
So if you have a habit of putting the cursor where you want the word say one space from the next, then there will now be two.