Question Voiding warranty on roll-backs

Search This thread

Gas_Wallah

Mar 25, 2023
OnePlus 11
Hi! I have the Indian variant of OnePlus 11. And needless to say, there've been immense amounts of battery drain after updating it to A.08. Thought of deciding to roll back to the out-of-the-box Version (CP 2447 A.07 imo; Correct me if I'm wrong though). tried doing it by separately downloading A.07 and then installing it by going into system updates, but rom verification failed. So I wanted to know whether flashing the old version would void the warranty of the device and also, will rooting void its warranty? Please suggest an alternative if applicable. Thanks!

TNSMANI

Senior Moderator / RC-RT Committee
Staff member
Jan 8, 2014
Chennai
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hi! I have the Indian variant of OnePlus 11. And needless to say, there've been immense amounts of battery drain after updating it to A.08. Thought of deciding to roll back to the out-of-the-box Version (CP 2447 A.07 imo; Correct me if I'm wrong though). tried doing it by separately downloading A.07 and then installing it by going into system updates, but rom verification failed. So I wanted to know whether flashing the old version would void the warranty of the device and also, will rooting void its warranty? Please suggest an alternative if applicable. Thanks!
AFAIK, on OnePlus devices, unlocking bootloader, rooting, rolling back, installing custom ROM/Recovery etc were never an issue for warranty purpose. Unless OnePlus changed their policy recently, you have nothing to worry on that score.

Rolling back may require a special ROM or the MSM Tool for your device (which I think is not available so far).

EDIT: Or as the previous poster said.

Reactions: Gas_Wallah

ChrisFeiveel84

Jun 29, 2017
Germany
OnePlus 11
AFAIK, on OnePlus devices, unlocking bootloader, rooting, rolling back, installing custom ROM/Recovery etc were never an issue for warranty purpose. Unless OnePlus changed their policy recently, you have nothing to worry on that score.

Rolling back may require a special ROM or the MSM Tool for your device (which I think is not available so far).

Update to a09

And and and an downgrade you can make when your bootloader is unlocked
Than you can flash a older build to.both slots and delete all cow partition (with FBE)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Update to a09

And and and an downgrade you can make when your bootloader is unlocked
    Than you can flash a older build to.both slots and delete all cow partition (with FBE)
    The phone will not allow downgrade through system update. That is for security and would require a full data wipe of phone. The only way to downgrade is through the msm tool that we don't have now.