Volatile Directory - 80MB

Search This thread

scilor

Jan 5, 2008
@scilor.com
www.scilor.com
Hello Guys,
Today I installed a cab to my phone. Usally I have around 100MB free on my device. But today there where only around 10MB?

I searched around and found a mysterious directory in the Application Data directory called "Volatile" which exactly eats up the missing space...
I said to myself, mhh are you trying to move that directory to storage card and risk a hard-reset? I did it and my device still works.

But I want to know from where this directory "Volatile" came?!

Scilor

samsamuel

Nov 19, 2006
samsamuel.co.uk
the app data\volatile folder is a system temp folder. clearing shouldn't be a problem (unless maybe you clear it before restarting after installing something, perhaps).
You can also reg edit the location to move it to your storage card, at

hklm\system\filesys and change the path.

ppcppcppc

Sep 15, 2007
HTC Leo
HTC One (m7)
Keep it off!

As for the HD2 - you may NOT delete this folder!

Reason for my frequent hardresetting in the past was deleting this folder - directly or by third party apps to gain storage space.

If you did so - your phone won't be able to recognize soundformats - it won't ring or play anything after deleting this folder!

Cover arts will be skipped very fast, because sense thinks that tracks are played in no time. Very frustrating bug.

Discovered it this morning ... and wanted to share it with the community as none knows about that.

Last edited: