VoLTE and VoWIFI in Australia

Search This thread

prottura

Oct 14, 2020
Hey guys,

I've been doing some reading to see whether it is possible to do anything about getting VoLTE and VoWifi to work on Android 11 without rooting our Devices in order to gain access to PDC and it looks like following the steps provided in this thread which was mentioned on the Australian Whirlpool Forums worked:

https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-8-pro/how-to/guide-enable-volte-vowifi-devices-root-t4105723

To summarise my steps to getting this working:

- Downloaded the old OnePlus LogKit Tool which is linked in the pinned Post at the start of that Thread.
- Enabled the VoLTE and VoWiFi Switches under the 'Function' Tab within the old OnePlus LogKit App.
- Rebooted Phone.
- Reinstalled current OnePlus LogKit Tool (Process is mentioned on how to back up the latest version & someone has also linked it a couple of pages into that Thread as an attachment).
- Enabled the 'VoLTE & Wi-Fi Calling' toggles under SIM Menu and set my Calling preference as 'Call over Wi-Fi'.
- To get these working and to test their functionality, I put my Phone into 'Aeroplane Mode' and then re-enabled Wi-Fi which displayed the 'VoWifi' badge on the top Navigation bar, it also showed 'Wi-Fi Calling' while I was attempting to make a call.
- VoLTE worked also once I turned off Wi-Fi and turned on Mobile Data and then made a call as it stayed as '5G' and didn't drop down to '3G'.

For reference however, I'm running the initial build of Android 11 (11.IN11AA) and I have yet to install the latest update as the person in the Whirlpool Forum had not tested this method on the latest update mainly because it's said that the latest update breaks 5G access, and mine is working on the initial release.

I'm on the Telstra Network in Victoria for reference and my Phone is NOT rooted.

I have noticed that if you do use Aeroplane mode again, it can remove the 'VoWifi' and 'VoLTE' badges from the Navigation menu until you repeat the trick to re-enable Wi-Fi after turning Aeroplane Mode back on and then turning it off once the 'VoWifi' badge reappears.

Not sure if this will help anyone, but maybe it might give us hope on how we could find a more stable solution that doesn't require Root access.

Sull81

Nov 15, 2020
Have you had any issues since you completed the steps in your post. I am tossing up whether to buy the one plus or Find X2 Pro.

prottura

Oct 14, 2020
Have you had any issues since you completed the steps in your post. I am tossing up whether to buy the one plus or Find X2 Pro.

The only problem I've found is sometimes that the VoLTE or VoWifi can drop off (Mainly once you've gone outside away from a Wi-Fi Signal for an extended period of time), and the only way to re-establish both is to do the turn on Aeroplane Mode and then turn on Wi-Fi and then try to make a Call to force VoWi-Fi (And subsequently VoLTE) to come back online (You obviously need to be connected to a Wi-Fi Network to do so) and then obviously turning off Aeroplane Mode once you've seen that VoWifi appears.

Sometimes VoWiFi can drop off while you're on a call (Although in my case, I suspect it could be something to do with my Mesh Wi-Fi Setup at home and it potentially changing between AP's during a call) - I've as a result set my preference for calls to be placed over Mobile Network.

Ideally, I'd love it if someone would test OPB4 or the latest Stable update with this technique as I'd like to be able to upgrade ideally and keep these but also not lose 5G (I hope it's been fixed for OPB4 and the subsequent Stable release that comes of it).

Sull81

Nov 15, 2020
Thanks for the response mate. I think I will go with the Oppo Find X2 Pro as that phone is supported by Telstra. I really wanted to try the OnePlus but with it not being supported and the fact I need WIFI calling at home as there is no reception it just makes sense to go with the Oppo.

kaiak

Feb 25, 2009
Thanks for the response mate. I think I will go with the Oppo Find X2 Pro as that phone is supported by Telstra. I really wanted to try the OnePlus but with it not being supported and the fact I need WIFI calling at home as there is no reception it just makes sense to go with the Oppo.

I used the method HAPPIBOI posted,
the VOWIFI AND VOLTE working on my ONEPLUS 7T with BOOST sim.

mattclar

Oct 22, 2017
Might be worth adding your voices to this suggestion on the OnePlus forum!?

Forums.oneplus.com/threads/1-8-pro-pdc-volte.1349315/

Mike_Fre

Dec 10, 2020
We have a working solution without root that is easier than previous instructions.

You still need the old toolkit app and #*800# to activate vowan and volte functions if you haven't done in the past.

Follow:
{Google Translate is your friend}

In essence...
Download the Qualcomm tools and drivers.
Follow the adb instructions

adb reboot ftm
(wait for chinese to disappear and screen goes blank)
adb shell
setprop sys.usb.config diag,diag_mdm,qdss,qdss_mdm,serial_cdev,dpl,rmnet,adb

Open the Advanced PDC tool and select the "Telefonica_UK_Commercial " (works with Vodafone, Telstra and Optus) option for sim0 and sim1. Activate.

Do adb reboot

Enjoy vowifi and volte.

We have a working solution without root that is easier than previous instructions.

You still need the old toolkit app and #*800# to activate vowan and volte functions if you haven't done in the past.

Follow:

In essence...

adb reboot ftm
adb shell

Open the Advanced PDC tool and select the "Telefonica_UK_Commercial " (works with Vodafone, Telstra and Optus) option for sim0 and sim1. Activate.

Do adb reboot

Enjoy vowifi and volte.
Unfortunately, that doesn't work for me. I can't see the phone in the PDC app.
I've got an IN2023 running OOS 11.0.2.2IN11AA

Mike_Fre

Dec 10, 2020

I would ensure you have used QPST 2.74.460 and the Qualcomm Driver offered on:

I used the WWAN option and this is what appeared on the Advanced PDC app.

I would ensure you have used QPST 2.74.460 and the Qualcomm Driver offered on:

I used the WWAN option and this is what appeared on the Advanced PDC app.
Yep, tried that. This time I could see the phone in PDC. Applied the steps to activate Sim 1 and Sim 2. Rebooted but still no VOLTE or VOWifi.
Repeated the process and noticed "Telefonica_UK_Commercial " were both set back to inactive.

DREW76

Mar 15, 2013

I had the same issue with the IN2023 version.
I opended EFS Explorer first ( and let it do its scan), while scanning I then opend PDC and the phone showed and was able to apply trhe UK settings as previously mentioned

Jaansburger

Dec 15, 2020
Thank you @prottura, that worked for me using a OnePlus Nord (Global Version AC2003).
However, I needed to also update the "profile" to use "Telefonica_UK_Commercial" (PDC Tool)
1608042082086.png

I used this YT guide to change the profile:

Running on OxygenOS 10.5.9 (Android 10).

I still had an issue where every now and then my VoLTE / VoWiFi would drop and stop working, and if I get home and just go into "Flight Mode" and only enable WiFi after, it would re-register IMS and re-activate VoLTE / VoWiFi capability.

Turns out that the "Telefonica_UK_Commercial" profile sets an IMS UserAgent value of "Telefonica VoLTE Qualcomm". I used the EFS Explorer tool from the above Qualcomm QPST toolset to update that UserAgent value to "Telstra VoLTE Qualcomm" (taking a wild guess), and after rebooting my Nord now automatically enables VoLTE/VoWiFi within having to to the "Aeroplane mode" trick to force it anymore.

The location of this file in the phones EFS is: nv\item_files\ims\ims_user_agent
Attached is my "Telstra" version - used a hex editor to ensure file size stays exact and that 0x00 null padding is not converted to spaces by notepad. You'll need to unzip it first.

Also, if you have difficulty getting 5G going on your Nord, look here for that:

Thanks to all for your contributions!

Attachments

• ims_user_agent.zip
    204 bytes · Views: 169

prottura

Oct 14, 2020
Thank you @prottura, that worked for me using a OnePlus Nord (Global Version AC2003).
However, I needed to also update the "profile" to use "Telefonica_UK_Commercial" (PDC Tool)
View attachment 5158123

I used this YT guide to change the profile:

Running on OxygenOS 10.5.9 (Android 10).

I still had an issue where every now and then my VoLTE / VoWiFi would drop and stop working, and if I get home and just go into "Flight Mode" and only enable WiFi after, it would re-register IMS and re-activate VoLTE / VoWiFi capability.

Turns out that the "Telefonica_UK_Commercial" profile sets an IMS UserAgent value of "Telefonica VoLTE Qualcomm". I used the EFS Explorer tool from the above Qualcomm QPST toolset to update that UserAgent value to "Telstra VoLTE Qualcomm" (taking a wild guess), and after rebooting my Nord now automatically enables VoLTE/VoWiFi within having to to the "Aeroplane mode" trick to force it anymore.

The location of this file in the phones EFS is: nv\item_files\ims\ims_user_agent
Attached is my "Telstra" version - used a hex editor to ensure file size stays exact and that 0x00 null padding is not converted to spaces by notepad. You'll need to unzip it first.

Also, if you have difficulty getting 5G going on your Nord, look here for that:

Thanks to all for your contributions!

Hey mate, that's a fantastic write up and good work with all the research.

I can confirm that the method also works on Android 11 Build 11.0.2.2.IN11AA (I'm using a OnePlus 8 Pro Model IN2023 on the Telstra Network in Melbourne, Victoria)

The only thing I haven't been able to test is whether I will have 5G access, as at work (Where I was working on the fix this morning) doesn't have 5G available, my home area does so I can test this later today and report back (I did however, prior to getting this working had tried the VoLTE_OEM_Lab Profile which gave me 5G, so I wonder if this can be used with the ims File, but I suspect it wouldn't work).

The only other weird thing I noticed was as angelvip3r007 had previously mentioned, trying to apply the "Telefonica VoLTE Qualcomm" Profile would show as "Active" when activating it, but then after completing the "adb reboot" command then going through the steps to check whether it had actually applied, it would say "Inactive" when I would open up PDC again. The way around this, was to get the "Telefonica VoLTE Qualcomm" Profile into a "Pending" state, and then open up EFS Explorer and add the "Telstra VoLTE Qualcomm" Profile into the ims Folder before completing the "adb reboot" command.

I guess my only other question would be whether this method would survive subsequent updates that will be pushed out by OnePlus in future.

EDIT: So I've just got home to test out 5G in my area and unfortunately it's not working, maximum I'm picking up is 4G+. I will have to try your 5G fix and see if it works.

EDIT2: After following the steps in this Video (Video is in French, but it's simple enough to follow, I also didn't have to use the version of QPST listed in the video (Required Files for this Tutorial are linked in the description of the Video itself), as the version of QPST that we've used in the above install of VoLTE/VoWiFi worked perfectly fine), I was able to get 5G (Make sure to reboot your Phone after replacing carrier_policy.xml's) and keep my VoLTE/VoWifi which has been rock solid, Video has been linked below:

Comment activer la 5G sur le Oneplus 8T, how to activate 5G on Oneplus 8T - YouTube

Last edited:

happiboi

Aug 27, 2010
OnePlus 8 Pro
Hey mate, that's a fantastic write up and good work with all the research.

I can confirm that the method also works on Android 11 Build 11.0.2.2.IN11AA (I'm using a OnePlus 8 Pro Model IN2023 on the Telstra Network in Melbourne, Victoria)

The only thing I haven't been able to test is whether I will have 5G access, as at work (Where I was working on the fix this morning) doesn't have 5G available, my home area does so I can test this later today and report back (I did however, prior to getting this working had tried the VoLTE_OEM_Lab Profile which gave me 5G, so I wonder if this can be used with the ims File, but I suspect it wouldn't work).

The only other weird thing I noticed was as angelvip3r007 had previously mentioned, trying to apply the "Telefonica VoLTE Qualcomm" Profile would show as "Active" when activating it, but then after completing the "adb reboot" command then going through the steps to check whether it had actually applied, it would say "Inactive" when I would open up PDC again. The way around this, was to get the "Telefonica VoLTE Qualcomm" Profile into a "Pending" state, and then open up EFS Explorer and add the "Telstra VoLTE Qualcomm" Profile into the ims Folder before completing the "adb reboot" command.

I guess my only other question would be whether this method would survive subsequent updates that will be pushed out by OnePlus in future.

EDIT: So I've just got home to test out 5G in my area and unfortunately it's not working, maximum I'm picking up is 4G+. I will have to try your 5G fix and see if it works.

EDIT2: After following the steps in this Video (Video is in French, but it's simple enough to follow, I also didn't have to use the version of QPST listed in the video (Required Files for this Tutorial are linked in the description of the Video itself), as the version of QPST that we've used in the above install of VoLTE/VoWiFi worked perfectly fine), I was able to get 5G (Make sure to reboot your Phone after replacing carrier_policy.xml's) and keep my VoLTE/VoWifi which has been rock solid, Video has been linked below:

Comment activer la 5G sur le Oneplus 8T, how to activate 5G on Oneplus 8T - YouTube

Thanks for the feedback - i will look into giving this another go too to get the Volte/voWifi going then.

The way around this, was to get the "Telefonica VoLTE Qualcomm" Profile into a "Pending" state, and then open up EFS Explorer and add the "Telstra VoLTE Qualcomm" Profile into the ims Folder before completing the "adb reboot" command.
I'll give this another go tomorrow. I assume "Telstra VoLTE Qualcomm" is the mbm file posted in a link by Happyboi earlier in this thread?

prottura

Oct 14, 2020
I'll give this another go tomorrow. I assume "Telstra VoLTE Qualcomm" is the mbm file posted in a link by Happyboi earlier in this thread?

Nah, I actually used the 'ims_user_agent' File linked above by Jaansberger.

The only thing I used from Happyboi's original exploit, was the Engineering APK File to enable 5G. However, make sure you don't install the Engineering APK before you do the initial VoLTE/VoWi-FI Process listed above by Mike_Fre.

So basically order of steps I followed:

- Mike_Fre's steps to enable the 'Telefonica VoLTE Qualcomm' Profile.
- Jannsberger's step to insall the 'ims_user_agent' file (Before doing the adb reboot step listed in Mike_Fre's Post).
- Watched and replicated the YouTube video (Which I linked in my post above), to enable 5G and still have VoLTE/VoWi-Fi.

Hope this clears things up for you, but if you have any further questions, I'd be happy to try and help.

Reactions: Jaansburger

The only thing I used from Happyboi's original exploit, was the Engineering APK File to enable 5G. However, make sure you don't install the Engineering APK before you do the initial VoLTE/VoWi-FI Process listed above by Mike_Fre.

- Jannsberger's step to insall the 'ims_user_agent' file (Before doing the adb reboot step listed in Mike_Fre's Post).
- Watched and replicated the YouTube video (Which I linked in my post above), to enable 5G and still have VoLTE/VoWi-Fi.

Hope this clears things up for you, but if you have any further questions, I'd be happy to try and help.
That worked perfectly!!! Thankyou!!!

happiboi

Aug 27, 2010
OnePlus 8 Pro
Well this is awesome! Thanks for everyone's research - I now have 5G + VoLTE + VoWiFi all working on my OnePlus 8 Pro (IN2020 model) on Android 11 (OOS 11.0.2.2) on the Telstra network.

For some weird reason though, the "Telefonica_UK_Commercial" profile via PDC wouldn't give me 5G. Upon further investigation, I found that this profile + the carrier_policy.xml - didn't have the right config for my IN2020 phone.

Subsequently modified the carrier_policy.xml file further and BOOM! 5G is back. Researching the carrier_policy XML further - instead of specific band enabling per the previous config - I edit it to be 'hardware' so that whatever the hardware supports, it will be made available.

Anyhoo, long story short it's all working again thanks to you wonderful people :)

Summary of steps taken:

Code:
Prerequisites:
* Need ADB suite available on PC & enabled "ADB debugging" on phone via developer options
* When you permit your PC adb access to the phone after first adb command, make sure you tick always permit this device. When the phone boots after "adb reboot ftm", the screen is inactive so you can't authorize the device when you try to adb shell and are stuck
* Need QPST suite of apps installed on PC (needed PDC tools + EFS explorer)
* If on custom firmware - probably a good idea to backup your phone before you do this. On custom firmware after the first "adb reboot ftm" rebooting again puts the device in a boot loop until you format data
* You'll also need to ensure the toggles are enabled for VoLTE/VoWiFi before heading down this path too:
    - Enable the VoLTE/VoWiFi toggles first:
        - Download the OnePlus Log Kit app’s APK from > https://downloadmirror.co/1MW9/com.oem.oemlogkit_1.0-1.apk
        - Install the OnePlus Log Kit APK
        - Open dialer, type in *#800# (If this doesn't do anything, just google search "Oneplus engineer mode apk",                      download and install it. Then retry)
        - Click 'Enter' on the warning
        - Select 'oneplus Logkit'
        - Scroll down & select 'Function Switch'
        - tick the VoLTE & VoWiFi switch options
        - Then reboot.
        - when your phone comes back after restart, in Settings > Wifi & network > SIM & network > SIM1 (and SIM2) >                 you should now see the 'Enhanced communications' area have the option to toggle on VoLTE/VoWiFi

Then continue onto the main process:
- Open command prompt on PC & navigate to where your ADB suite is located

- Type command without "":
    "adb devices" (I like to do this to ensure adb can speak with phone/computer)

- Should display:
    List of devices attached
    <if working, your device should be listed here (else, it'll be blank)>

"adb reboot ftm"
    --> This puts phone into field test mode

"adb shell"
    --> Creates dialogue for shell command on phone

- In the shell (OnePlus8Pro:/ $ ) type command without "":
    "setprop sys.usb.config diag,diag_mdm,qdss,qdss_mdm,serial_cdev,dpl,rmnet,adb"
    --> This opens up ports that we used to be able to in Android 10

- Phone Screen is still blank - but it's OK.

- Start up PDC Tool in Admin mode on PC

- Click drop down, select phone connection (there's only 1 in the list)
--> **  If the drop-down box is empty and no phone/device listed, you cannot proceed.
--> ** Other users have foudn this to be related to a Qualcomm driver issue.
--> ** Delete the drivers you have currently installed and get a new one from here:
--> **      https://gsmusbdriver.com/install-qualcomm-usb-driver.
--> **  Also once the device shows up in PDC don't click on it, open efs explorer and let it start searching directories --> ** before going back to PDC and clicking on the device in the drop down.
--> ** The window may say 'not responding' just leave it until the carrier list populates then carry on with below steps

- Do the profile activation stuff for Telefonica_UK_Commercial:
    - Look for "Telefonica_UK_Commercial", right click and SetSelectedConfig for both Sub0 and Sub1
    - Click on the above profile again and click on Activate
    - Do not restart your phone

- Don't close PDC yet (don't know if it make a difference but I didn't close)

- Open EFS Explorer (I opened in Admin mode too)

- Navigate to "\nv\item_files\ims\"
    - Replace ims_user_agent file with one supplied
    --> The supplied one has Telstra VoLTE Qualcomm as header instead of Telefonica

- Navigate to "\policyman"
    - Replace carrier_policy.xml & carrier_policy.xml_Subscription01 with ones supplied.
    --> Just take carrier_policy.xml and make a copy named "carrier_policy.xml_Subscription01"
    --> ** Caveat, I further modified the carrier_policy.xml file as it wasn't enabling 5G for me on my IN2020 (Android 11) Oneplus 8 Pro.
    --> ** I changed the nr5g_sa_bands base & nr5g_nsa_bands base values to be "hardware" rather than specifically band n78.
    --> ** This changes config to allow whatever 5G bands the hardware has available rather than specific bands
    --> ** You can't enable bands that the hardware doesn't support anyway so makes sense to enable all
    --> ** This gave me the needed 5G access with Telstra

"adb reboot"

After phone boots back up, 5G + VoLTE + VoWiFi are all intact and in working order!

Again, thank you to everyone's research and efforts to get this all working!

@Mattycee have you given this a go yet ?

Attachments

• carrier_policy.xml.zip
    3.7 KB · Views: 404
  • ims_user_agent.zip
    238 bytes · Views: 345
Last edited:

prottura

Oct 14, 2020
Well this is awesome! Thanks for everyone's research - I now have 5G + VoLTE + VoWiFi all working on my OnePlus 8 Pro (IN2020 model) on Android 11 (OOS 11.0.2.2) on the Telstra network.

For some weird reason though, the "Telefonica_UK_Commercial" profile via PDC wouldn't give me 5G. Upon further investigation, I found that this profile + the carrier_policy.xml - didn't have the right config for my IN2020 phone.

Subsequently modified the carrier_policy.xml file further and BOOM! 5G is back. Researching the carrier_policy XML further - instead of specific band enabling per the previous config - I edit it to be 'hardware' so that whatever the hardware supports, it will be made available.

Anyhoo, long story short it's all working again thanks to you wonderful people :)

Summary of steps taken:

Code:
Prerequisites:
* Need ADB suite available on PC & enabled "ADB debugging" on phone via developer options

Process:

- Should display:
    List of devices attached

"adb reboot ftm"

"adb shell"

- Look for "Telefonica_UK_Commercial", right click and SetSelectedConfig for both Sub0 and Sub1

- Replace carrier_policy.xml & carrier_policy.xml_Subscription01 with ones supplied.
    --> ** Caveat, I further modified the carrier_policy.xml file as it wasn't enabling 5G for me on my IN2020 (Android 11) Oneplus 8 Pro.
    --> ** I changed the nr5g_sa_bands base & nr5g_nsa_bands base values to be "hardware" rather than specifically band n78.
    --> ** This changes config to allow whatever 5G bands the hardware has available rather than specific bands
    --> ** You can't enable bands that the hardware doesn't support anyway so makes sense to enable all

"adb reboot"

After phone boots back up, 5G + VoLTE + VoWiFi are all intact and in working order!

Hey Happyboi,

Quick question for you. Would it be worth me changing my carrier_policy files from those that were supplied in the French YouTube Video to the ones you've supplied if I have the IN2023 Model? What would you say is the Positives/Negatives of changing them?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's the screenshot & writeup of what I did:

Here is some screenshots of 5G reception, VoLTE icon, VoWiFi icon & VoWiFi Calling while in aeroplane mode to confirm all these things are working!
    https://imgur.com/a/tau5wyX

So what did I do? All credits go to this guy on XDA to get VoLTE & VoWiFi working: https://xdaforums.com/rog-phone-2/how-to/guide-enabling-volte-vowifi-v2-t4028073

For the TL;DR version, I did what I mentioned previously to get 5G going here:
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...pro-in-australia.1225092/page-2#post-21673760
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...pro-in-australia.1225092/page-3#post-21717398

Then to get VoLTE & VoWiFi working download these files:
    EFS zip - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PiVhB35MPx19sxqxQ4svgOvPXL1dxobt
    MBNs zip - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1v8V281EkYGI_C1KeMqVni8L2qjQLdx5P
    EfsTools 0.10 modded 1.2 - https://github.com/HomerSp/EfsTools...modded-1.2/EfsTools-0.10-modded-1.2-win32.zip
    EfsTools 0.10 modded 1.1 - https://github.com/HomerSp/EfsTools...modded-1.1/EfsTools-0.10-modded-1.1-win32.zip

The reason I've linked both modded 1.1 & 1.2 is because 1.2 is the latest version and supports activation of 2nd SIM slot (but it errors for me so I used the modded 1.1 version but that only does SIM slot 1).

So steps:
    - Download the OnePlus Log Kit app’s APK from > https://downloadmirror.co/1MW9/com.oem.oemlogkit_1.0-1.apk
    -Install the OnePlus Log Kit APK
    - Open dialer, type in *#800# (If this doesn't do anything, just google search "Oneplus engineer mode apk", download and install it. Then retry)
    - Then reboot.
    - when your phone comes back after restart, in Settings > Wifi & network > SIM & network > SIM1 (and SIM2) > you should now see the 'Enhanced communications' area have the option to toggle on VoLTE/VoWiFi

Onto the actual making VoLTE/VoWiFi work:
    - Unzip EfsTools into a directory
    - Open command window on PC & navigate to the directory created in above step
    - On your phone, go to dialer, type in *#801# - enter into it via 'engineer mode'
    - Select "Rndis, diag switch" - ON (last time we selected "full port switch on")
    - Then in the command window, you should be able to test connection to EFStools by typing "EfsTools.exe efsInfo"
    - This should give some info & not any errors (mine was like 2 lines of information)
    - Then the real fun begins.
    - Extract the efs.zip from above download into the same directory as the EFStools (make sure the mcfg_autoselect_by_uim file is there - yes it's 0 bytes) and then run 2 commands:
    - EfsTools.exe writeFile -i mcfg_autoselect_by_uim -o /nv/item_files/mcfg/mcfg_autoselect_by_uim
    - EfsTools.exe writeFile -i mcfg_autoselect_by_uim -o /nv/item_files/mcfg/mcfg_autoselect_by_uim -s 1 (this one I couldn't get working - it's for SIM slot 2 & only works if usinf modded 1.2 version)
    - should see 0 errors
    - then open the MBNs zip & look for your carrier file. Ours are \aunz\<your carrier - e.g. mine is Telstra>\commerci\mcfg_sw.mbn
    - copy this mbn file to the same dir as the EFStools, then run 2 commands:
    - EfsTools.exe uploadDirectory -i mcfg_sw.mbn -o / -v
    - EfsTools.exe uploadDirectory -i mcfg_sw.mbn -o / -s 1 (again this one I couldn't get working - it's for SIM slot 2 & only works if usinf modded 1.2 version)
    - If it worked your screen should spew out a load of output but no errors.
    - Reboot your phone & if you already enabled the switches from my above mentioned post, you should see the VoLTE/VoWiFi icons like in the screenshots linked above.

Seems like a lot but that's literally step by step explanation & takes roughly 5-10 mins to do slowly.

Happy days - 5G, VoLTE & VoWiFi all working on our OnePlus 8 Pro =)

Summary of steps taken:

Code:
    Prerequisites:
    * When you permit your PC adb access to the phone after first adb command, make sure you tick always permit this device. When the phone boots after "adb reboot ftm", the screen is inactive so you can't authorize the device when you try to adb shell and are stuck
    * If on custom firmware - probably a good idea to backup your phone before you do this. On custom firmware after the first "adb reboot ftm" rebooting again puts the device in a boot loop until you format data
    * You'll also need to ensure the toggles are enabled for VoLTE/VoWiFi before heading down this path too:
            - Install the OnePlus Log Kit APK
            - Open dialer, type in *#800# (If this doesn't do anything, just google search "Oneplus engineer mode apk",                      download and install it. Then retry)
            - Then reboot.
            - when your phone comes back after restart, in Settings > Wifi & network > SIM & network > SIM1 (and SIM2) >                 you should now see the 'Enhanced communications' area have the option to toggle on VoLTE/VoWiFi

Then continue onto the main process:

- Should display:
        List of devices attached

"adb reboot ftm"

"adb shell"

--> **  If the drop-down box is empty and no phone/device listed, you cannot proceed.
    --> ** Other users have foudn this to be related to a Qualcomm driver issue.
    --> ** Delete the drivers you have currently installed and get a new one from here:
    --> **      https://gsmusbdriver.com/install-qualcomm-usb-driver.
    --> **  Also once the device shows up in PDC don't click on it, open efs explorer and let it start searching directories --> ** before going back to PDC and clicking on the device in the drop down.
    --> ** The window may say 'not responding' just leave it until the carrier list populates then carry on with below steps

--> Just take carrier_policy.xml and make a copy named "carrier_policy.xml_Subscription01"

"adb reboot"

Summary of steps taken:

Code:
    Prerequisites:

Process:

- Should display:
        List of devices attached

"adb reboot ftm"

"adb shell"

"adb reboot"

Summary of steps taken:

Code:
    Prerequisites:

Process:

- Should display:
        List of devices attached

"adb reboot ftm"

"adb shell"

"adb reboot"

Summary of steps taken:

Code:
    Prerequisites:

Process:

- Should display:
        List of devices attached

"adb reboot ftm"

"adb shell"

"adb reboot"

Mate, you're a freaking legend. (Magisk Canary root: IN2020 / Android 11 / 11.0.2.2.IN11AA / BOOST network)

I got abit confused with the "carrier_policy.xml_Subscription01" part as it wasn't in any of the files you provided, so just assumed I had to just copy and rename the "carrier_policy.xml".

Also EFS explorer took a little longer than I expected to start up (~1 minute) just incase anyone thinks theirs crashes and close it prematurely.

Worked like a charm.

Cheers

That worked perfectly!!! Thankyou!!!

Follow:

In essence...

adb reboot ftm
    adb shell

Do adb reboot

Enjoy vowifi and volte.