volte for galaxy note FE without root for any country.

Search This thread

rahulkr0507

May 12, 2011
credits: NOTE FE WHATSAPP GROUP Mr.Youness (galaxy note fe global XDA )
JOIN GROUP HERE :good:

!!!NO ROOT NEEDED!!!
i am sharing the file got from s7 edge indian csc. those who want other country can extract it from corresponding country csc file
extracted the cache.img from csc with 7zip
then extract cache.img with ASSAYYED_KITCHEN_V1.82 and got sec_csc.zip
DOWNLOAD LINK:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LEbuw-MDLiIPOCY3-NlrH9zjiR9lcqkB/view?usp=sharing

1. copy the file to sd card.
2. reboot to recovery
3. tap apply update from sd card and select sec_csc.zip
5. after completing the update wipe cache partition
done.
if volte doesnt appear change the csc with code *#272*IMEI# and select INS.
this will reset the phone and to prevent reset go to download mode after applying the csc and then restart this will wipe the reset script!!
DO FULL BACKUP BEFORE DOING ANYTHING!
I GOT THIS METHOD FROM NOTE FE WHATSAPP GROUP Mr.Youness (galaxy note fe global XDA ). IT WORKS FOR ME.
ANY MODIFICATION TO THE ZIP WILL ALTER ITS SIGNATURE AND WONT ABLE TO FLASH WITH RECOVERY.

Last edited:
Reactions: priyansh17

faheem007

May 24, 2010
didnt worked for me help!!!

followed full instruction but volte didnt came and *#272*imei# is not working getting message mmid invalid.pls help.

note fe got from dubai and unlocked from local vendor its unlocked but no volte.

hellrc5

Feb 13, 2018
#272 does NOT work an the note FE at least not on the january security patch firmware. I am not sure you guys downloaded and extracted csc (sec_csc.zip) from a galaxy s7 (g935f) nougat firmware matching your country or region. The OP just posted one matching his country (India). If you loaded an other multicsc (if there is no single csc available for your country from S7 firmware) then you need to have your sim card in it while you do a factory reset to choose the matching csc from multicsc.

this video might help you, it is s8 but the process is the same after you loaded a CSC from s7 edge matching your provider.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXkLV_0MKIM

Last edited:

hellrc5

Feb 13, 2018
I changed my csc on my international version (N935F(DS)) to australian csc but i dont see any reason why you could not do the same on the korean model. Plus you can always flash back your original csc with Odin if there is some problem. I was on the fence because i dirty flashed the csc an got battery drain afterwards. I wanted to have VoLTE (eg HD calls) what i got with the other csc but i also got RCS what i dont need especially RCS randomly switched on my gps/location an that caused the massive drain. But i swiched it off in ims settings so i have volte on and rcs off an i get 6-7 hours screen on time again with one charge.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180504-182511.png
    Screenshot_20180504-182511.png
    133.5 KB · Views: 763
Last edited:

benyou54

Feb 25, 2016
Nancy
Hello. I'm the one who first applied this method. Here are my captures : my original settings csc, the csc I used, the pop up at reboot after flashing the sec_csc.zip from S8 Oreo firmware, my csc settings now.

My FE is 100% French now, just as I bought it directly from my carrier [emoji28]

Screenshot_20180317-000831.jpegScreenshot_20180320-220134.jpegScreenshot_20180320-210852.jpegScreenshot_20180320-213543.jpeg

Envoyé de mon SM-N935F en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: ymmp

EmperorGsi

Feb 10, 2016
Hello. I'm the one who first applied this method. Here are my captures : my original settings csc, the csc I used, the pop up at reboot after flashing the sec_csc.zip from S8 Oreo firmware, my csc settings now.

My FE is 100% French now, just as I bought it directly from my carrier [emoji28]

View attachment 4493446View attachment 4493447View attachment 4493448View attachment 4493449

How can we extract CSC files from S8 Oreo firmware, i did alot but no csc file on S8 firmware, it has omc files

EmperorGsi

Feb 10, 2016

View attachment 4493446View attachment 4493447View attachment 4493448View attachment 4493449

i downloaded S8 Tur firmware for getting the csc files in it but no csc files in it, what should i do ?

Vince

Jul 8, 2003
VERSAILLES
Do I understand this is just enough to allow any country carrier from a new FE ?

Vince

benyou54

Feb 25, 2016
Nancy
Mine FE is already unlocked to any carrier worldwide. This tutorial is only to add volte vowifi options from your carrier if you want to use them outside the countries where the FE was released...

Reactions: Vince

benyou54

Feb 25, 2016
Nancy
Note FE is already unlocked for any carrier but sometime you need to call 5min with the local sim card country where you purchased your Note FE. It's not an unlock code, it's only region lock. HK doesn't released the FE. So you need south Asian sim or Saoudi Arabic sim, depending where you bought your FE.

The region lock is only for the 1st sim, you can use the second sim without region lock [emoji106]
Ok thanks and is there a way to unlock FE for any GSM carrier worlwide without these 5 minutes from HK carrier ??

I didn't found that in the forum.

jaxenroth

Apr 28, 2011
Langhorne, PA
Has anyone done this for T-Mobile USA?
I had the FE about 6 months back and had issues with TMO dropping to H+ on calls, also call quality was not that great. There is a ported Snapdragon to Exynos CSC flashable zip over in the S7 fourms. I've downloaded that and will report back here my results. Phone should be here Wednesday.

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

Im wondering if we can flash the CSC from the TMO Note 5, that had an Exynos processor.

Sent from my HTC 10 using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Reactions: ymmp

ymmp

Apr 28, 2006
I had the FE about 6 months back and had issues with TMO dropping to H+ on calls, also call quality was not that great. There is a ported Snapdragon to Exynos CSC flashable zip over in the S7 fourms. I've downloaded that and will report back here my results. Phone should be here Wednesday.

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

Im wondering if we can flash the CSC from the TMO Note 5, that had an Exynos processor.

Thanks for the effort, really appreciate it. This dropping to H/H+ is the only negative for me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    credits: NOTE FE WHATSAPP GROUP Mr.Youness (galaxy note fe global XDA )
    JOIN GROUP HERE :good:

!!!NO ROOT NEEDED!!!
    i am sharing the file got from s7 edge indian csc. those who want other country can extract it from corresponding country csc file
    extracted the cache.img from csc with 7zip
    then extract cache.img with ASSAYYED_KITCHEN_V1.82 and got sec_csc.zip
    DOWNLOAD LINK:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LEbuw-MDLiIPOCY3-NlrH9zjiR9lcqkB/view?usp=sharing

1. copy the file to sd card.
    2. reboot to recovery
    3. tap apply update from sd card and select sec_csc.zip
    5. after completing the update wipe cache partition
    done.
    if volte doesnt appear change the csc with code *#272*IMEI# and select INS.
    this will reset the phone and to prevent reset go to download mode after applying the csc and then restart this will wipe the reset script!!
    DO FULL BACKUP BEFORE DOING ANYTHING!
    I GOT THIS METHOD FROM NOTE FE WHATSAPP GROUP Mr.Youness (galaxy note fe global XDA ). IT WORKS FOR ME.
    ANY MODIFICATION TO THE ZIP WILL ALTER ITS SIGNATURE AND WONT ABLE TO FLASH WITH RECOVERY.

Screenshot_20180317-000831.jpegScreenshot_20180320-220134.jpegScreenshot_20180320-210852.jpegScreenshot_20180320-213543.jpeg

Mine FE is already unlocked to any carrier worldwide. This tutorial is only to add volte vowifi options from your carrier if you want to use them outside the countries where the FE was released...

Has anyone done this for T-Mobile USA?

Sent from my HTC 10 using XDA-Developers Legacy app
    U should NOT flash a note7 csc into the FE because the structure is different on nougat compared to marshmellow csc. U can flash any sec.zip (=csc) from any phone without root as long as it is not modified eg signed by samsung. Get a csc from s7 nougat or oreo firmware depending on what you run on your fe , extract the csc to get sec.zip and flash it from factory recovery. No root required. If u have any problems u can flash back the original csc with odin any time