volte for galaxy note FE without root for any country.

Search This thread

ymmp

Apr 28, 2006
https://mega.nz/#!AQ5FmTRD!s7IZDEgvhqVdrdGVY5yS57ayr6W99UHitL5sGOcuPgg

here you go, it is from s7 edge Telstra (AUS) Nougat firmware. I think it should work with Oreo too. I am still on nougat as I did not feel like flashing black the original CSC to get the Oreo OTA.

It's interesting, it's nearly double the size of the Tmo one. Did it install easily? I'm doubtful a Telstra Australian CSC will give us wifi calling on tmobile. Maybe we just need a different tmobile CSC.

hellrc5

Feb 13, 2018
It is just a bunch of config files, telco boot anim shutdown anim telco bloatware ringtones etc etc. But the important part is the config files defining what features will be available. For example in a lot of countries voice recording button in calls is not available due to legal reasons. In those countries thus button is not even there. Other reason is that your provider may want to include or ommit certain.features like wifi hotspot.

If u know a phone eg s8 n8 or so with the features u want get the csc from that phone and extract it. Your carrier is always the best chance to start with. S7e is just good start because it is very similar in hw and features.

jaxenroth

Apr 28, 2011
Langhorne, PA
It is just a bunch of config files, telco boot anim shutdown anim telco bloatware ringtones etc etc. But the important part is the config files defining what features will be available. For example in a lot of countries voice recording button in calls is not available due to legal reasons. In those countries thus button is not even there. Other reason is that your provider may want to include or ommit certain.features like wifi hotspot.

If u know a phone eg s8 n8 or so with the features u want get the csc from that phone and extract it. Your carrier is always the best chance to start with. S7e is just good start because it is very similar in hw and features.

Didnt see your post till after i flashed. No us tmo stuff works. flashed back to my tmo csc, but now have telco boot anim. how do i get rid of it?

ymmp

Apr 28, 2006
Didnt see your post till after i flashed. No us tmo stuff works. flashed back to my tmo csc, but now have telco boot anim. how do i get rid of it?

Maybe there's a different tmobile CSC we could get a hold of? On the tmo CSC did you also lose your data toggle?

hellrc5

Feb 13, 2018
Since the original CSC doesn't have any added boot animation (like the tmo one doesn't) why would that work?

I rarely see the boot/shutdown anim but if it really disturbs you and the tmo firmware does not have a custom animation you need to reflash the system partition with odin (AP) with the current version firmware, you can get it from sammobile, alternatively you can remove the boot anim with ADB shell for the current user (no root required).

ymmp

Apr 28, 2006
I rarely see the boot/shutdown anim but if it really disturbs you and the tmo firmware does not have a custom animation you need to reflash the system partition with odin (AP) with the current version firmware, you can get it from sammobile, alternatively you can remove the boot anim with ADB shell for the current user (no root required).

Actually Jaxenroth has the problem, hope I didn't confuse anyone and I hope he works it out.
And hellrc5, thanks a lot for staying engaged even though it sounds like you have your phone the way you want it. I'm actually very happy with what I've been able to do without Root: get Volte and HD calling plus (thanks jaxenroth), delete apps and get back the Data Toggle with ADB Shell, install SABS (really great tip) and add to that all the great work Samsung has been doing with (just to name 2) Routines & One Handed+. Really great stuff!

lazarom

Jan 10, 2009
I've tried this a few times, with the Telstra CSC as well as the CSC I extracted from my old S7 Edge, and I always get an error when I try to update from SD card. It starts to verify the file but always ends up reporting that it failed checksum ( or something like that ) moments later, and the operation is aborted. My FE is fully stock and on the latest Novemeber update for Oreo. The CSC from the S7 Edge is slightly newer (Dec 2018 update) while the Telstra one is a few months older than what is on the FE. Any ideas? Thanks.

treysis

Jun 30, 2014
I've tried this a few times, with the Telstra CSC as well as the CSC I extracted from my old S7 Edge, and I always get an error when I try to update from SD card. It starts to verify the file but always ends up reporting that it failed checksum ( or something like that ) moments later, and the operation is aborted. My FE is fully stock and on the latest Novemeber update for Oreo. The CSC from the S7 Edge is slightly newer (Dec 2018 update) while the Telstra one is a few months older than what is on the FE. Any ideas? Thanks.

Try the newest Telstra update for S7e. Had the same problem here that signature failed verification with older csc.

Sanady1513

Dec 29, 2016
i tried both ways but i got only signature verification failed answer.......help me

#272 does NOT work an the note FE at least not on the january security patch firmware. I am not sure you guys downloaded and extracted csc (sec_csc.zip) from a galaxy s7 (g935f) nougat firmware matching your country or region. The OP just posted one matching his country (India). If you loaded an other multicsc (if there is no single csc available for your country from S7 firmware) then you need to have your sim card in it while you do a factory reset to choose the matching csc from multicsc.

this video might help you, it is s8 but the process is the same after you loaded a CSC from s7 edge matching your provider.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    credits: NOTE FE WHATSAPP GROUP Mr.Youness (galaxy note fe global XDA )
    JOIN GROUP HERE :good:

!!!NO ROOT NEEDED!!!
    i am sharing the file got from s7 edge indian csc. those who want other country can extract it from corresponding country csc file
    extracted the cache.img from csc with 7zip
    then extract cache.img with ASSAYYED_KITCHEN_V1.82 and got sec_csc.zip
    DOWNLOAD LINK:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LEbuw-MDLiIPOCY3-NlrH9zjiR9lcqkB/view?usp=sharing

1. copy the file to sd card.
    2. reboot to recovery
    3. tap apply update from sd card and select sec_csc.zip
    5. after completing the update wipe cache partition
    done.
    if volte doesnt appear change the csc with code *#272*IMEI# and select INS.
    this will reset the phone and to prevent reset go to download mode after applying the csc and then restart this will wipe the reset script!!
    DO FULL BACKUP BEFORE DOING ANYTHING!
    I GOT THIS METHOD FROM NOTE FE WHATSAPP GROUP Mr.Youness (galaxy note fe global XDA ). IT WORKS FOR ME.
    ANY MODIFICATION TO THE ZIP WILL ALTER ITS SIGNATURE AND WONT ABLE TO FLASH WITH RECOVERY.
    Hello. I'm the one who first applied this method. Here are my captures : my original settings csc, the csc I used, the pop up at reboot after flashing the sec_csc.zip from S8 Oreo firmware, my csc settings now.

My FE is 100% French now, just as I bought it directly from my carrier [emoji28]

Screenshot_20180317-000831.jpegScreenshot_20180320-220134.jpegScreenshot_20180320-210852.jpegScreenshot_20180320-213543.jpeg

Envoyé de mon SM-N935F en utilisant Tapatalk
    Mine FE is already unlocked to any carrier worldwide. This tutorial is only to add volte vowifi options from your carrier if you want to use them outside the countries where the FE was released...

Envoyé de mon SM-N935F en utilisant Tapatalk
    Has anyone done this for T-Mobile USA?
    I had the FE about 6 months back and had issues with TMO dropping to H+ on calls, also call quality was not that great. There is a ported Snapdragon to Exynos CSC flashable zip over in the S7 fourms. I've downloaded that and will report back here my results. Phone should be here Wednesday.

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

Im wondering if we can flash the CSC from the TMO Note 5, that had an Exynos processor.

Sent from my HTC 10 using XDA-Developers Legacy app
    U should NOT flash a note7 csc into the FE because the structure is different on nougat compared to marshmellow csc. U can flash any sec.zip (=csc) from any phone without root as long as it is not modified eg signed by samsung. Get a csc from s7 nougat or oreo firmware depending on what you run on your fe , extract the csc to get sec.zip and flash it from factory recovery. No root required. If u have any problems u can flash back the original csc with odin any time
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone