[VoLTE] How to enable VoLTE - Without Root [Z012D/Z017D]

Search This thread
It is not necessary to do Root, nor will it lose the guarantee (if it is still on time).

This method requires:

1 - Enable "Developer Options" and USB debugging enabled.
2 - Computer running Windows, MAC OS or Linux
3 - USB cable

Note: Check the availability of your mobile service provider, in some cases it may be that VoLTE is not included in your locality.

Enabling Developer Options:

Settings -> System -> About Phone -> Software Info -> Build number. Tap on the section 7 times

Settings -> System -> Developer options -> USB debugging -> ON

Connect the device to the computer, open the command prompt or Terminal (Linux or MAC OS) and perform the commands below:

First verify communication with the cell phone via USB cable:

Code:
adb devices

Followed by the ENTER key to confirm.

On your device screen will a "Allow USB debug?" Prompt appear, you must confirm the OK button.

Enable VoLTE in Build.prop

Code:
adb shell setprop persist.dbg.ims_volte_enable 1; setprop persist.dbg.volte_avail_ovr 1; setprop persist.dbg.vt_avail_ovr 1; setprop persist.dbg.wfc_avail_ovr 1

How to check:

Settings -> Connections -> Call -> Wi-Fi calling -> On
Settings -> Connections -> Mobile network -> Enhanced 4G LTE Mode -> On

Disable VoLTE in build.prop

To disable, just follow the same path to enable, but this time you should change the command by this below:

Code:
adb shell setprop persist.dbg.ims_volte_enable 0; setprop persist.dbg.volte_avail_ovr 0; setprop persist.dbg.vt_avail_ovr 0; setprop persist.dbg.wfc_avail_ovr 0

Important Notes: I've been watching and found that this feature is off on the device for my country. Unfortunately I do not know exactly what is required to activate it, I was able to only enable the functions hidden in the settings menu, but I could not test in practice because my telephone company does not provide VoLTE.

I believe it is necessary to add and modify files in the system. Unfortunately, I can not work on the rest of this project.

If anyone can contribute can share knowledge, maybe we can improve and make this feature functional.

Last edited:

JoaoCecchetto

Apr 28, 2019
Not working for me.

Anyone faced this issue?

setprop: failed to set property 'persist.dbg.ims_volte_enable' to '1'
setprop: failed to set property 'persist.dbg.volte_avail_ovr' to '1'
setprop: failed to set property 'persist.dbg.vt_avail_ovr' to '1'
setprop: failed to set property 'persist.dbg.wfc_avail_ovr' to '1'

gazm1990

Nov 5, 2017
Not working for me.

Anyone faced this issue?

I am having this same issue on my Asus Zenfone 6. If anyone knows how to get it to work then that would be great

RoboAnt

Dec 25, 2020
Chicago, IL
Not working for me.

Anyone faced this issue?

Not working for me. Getting this the same results for my Pixel 4a.
Any info / help?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It is not necessary to do Root, nor will it lose the guarantee (if it is still on time).

This method requires:

1 - Enable "Developer Options" and USB debugging enabled.
    2 - Computer running Windows, MAC OS or Linux
    3 - USB cable

Note: Check the availability of your mobile service provider, in some cases it may be that VoLTE is not included in your locality.

Enabling Developer Options:

Settings -> System -> About Phone -> Software Info -> Build number. Tap on the section 7 times

Settings -> System -> Developer options -> USB debugging -> ON

Connect the device to the computer, open the command prompt or Terminal (Linux or MAC OS) and perform the commands below:

First verify communication with the cell phone via USB cable:

Code:
    adb devices

On your device screen will a "Allow USB debug?" Prompt appear, you must confirm the OK button.

Enable VoLTE in Build.prop

Code:
    adb shell setprop persist.dbg.ims_volte_enable 1; setprop persist.dbg.volte_avail_ovr 1; setprop persist.dbg.vt_avail_ovr 1; setprop persist.dbg.wfc_avail_ovr 1

How to check:

Settings -> Connections -> Call -> Wi-Fi calling -> On
    Settings -> Connections -> Mobile network -> Enhanced 4G LTE Mode -> On

Disable VoLTE in build.prop

To disable, just follow the same path to enable, but this time you should change the command by this below:

Code:
    adb shell setprop persist.dbg.ims_volte_enable 0; setprop persist.dbg.volte_avail_ovr 0; setprop persist.dbg.vt_avail_ovr 0; setprop persist.dbg.wfc_avail_ovr 0

Important Notes: I've been watching and found that this feature is off on the device for my country. Unfortunately I do not know exactly what is required to activate it, I was able to only enable the functions hidden in the settings menu, but I could not test in practice because my telephone company does not provide VoLTE.

I believe it is necessary to add and modify files in the system. Unfortunately, I can not work on the rest of this project.

If anyone can contribute can share knowledge, maybe we can improve and make this feature functional.