VoLTE in the US on the International version (McLaren) (T-Mobile)

Search This thread

klaudius71

Mar 2, 2017
I was wondering if VoLTE works on the international version of the McLaren edition in the US. I need the dual SIM model and as far as I'm aware (I asked an associate, actually), the T-Mobile version does not have a second SIM slot.

seniorstew

Feb 23, 2006
San Diego CA
I was wondering if VoLTE works on the international version of the McLaren edition in the US. I need the dual SIM model and as far as I'm aware (I asked an associate, actually), the T-Mobile version does not have a second SIM slot.
Theoretically, if it's anything like the 6t all you need is a oem dual SIM tray off eBay

klaudius71

Mar 2, 2017
Theoretically, if it's anything like the 6t all you need is a oem dual SIM tray off eBay

There's a bit of process getting that to work, assuming there really is a hidden second SIM slot. Considering how new the phone is, I'd rather not risk bricking the phone trying to change the ROM to get the option of a second SIM slot to appear.

Thanks for the reply, though.

Purest

Oct 17, 2011
Not necessarily, on the 6T after flashing the international rom i noticed a second IMEI

When I unlocked & rooted the 7 pro TMO version both IMEIs were the same. I'm assuming the same with 7t McLaren. But I'll know soon enough, I've requested unlock.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone