• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question VoLTE not working since OneUI 4.0 Beta installation

Search This thread

Kanwal85

Dec 2, 2021
Hey i was having this same problem, but seems to have disappeared since I installed SM-G998U rom. I didn't install Userdata and seems I didn't get any bloatware plus activation is still on. You can try.
Will you please elaborate the whole procedure how did you installed this rom roll back to one UI 3.1 safely..
I have USA unlocked variant of S21 ultra and i am on stable One UI 4.0. Facing the issues.
..VOLTE AND WIFI CALLING FEATURE NOT WORKING ..
YOUR HELP WOULD BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED

Kanwal85

Dec 2, 2021
Just to confirm. Are you having a US phone which is being used outside US? What is your current carrier?
Bro I have unlocked US variant of s21 ultra using in India on jio sim .. volte and wifi calling not working 120hz refresh rate bug is also there .. please provide the detailed procedure once you have fixed these issues

aps99

Nov 23, 2021
Will you please elaborate the whole procedure how did you installed this rom roll back to one UI 3.1 safely..
I have USA unlocked variant of S21 ultra and i am on stable One UI 4.0. Facing the issues.
Resetting the network settings won't help.

Kanwal85

Dec 2, 2021
I didn't roll back to OneUI 3.1 from the (un)stable OneUI 4. But, I did roll back from OneUI 4 beta to OneUI 3.1.

I saw someone posted a link for the exact process involved. I think he/she used Odin.
Ohh ,ok please let me know in detail if you would be able to roll back using odin .. I let you know too if I found any alternative to fix it ... I am tweeting smasung USA and posting on samsung Community USA to find best way ..

Ok. First I didn't roll back to OneUI 3.1.

1. I used Frija tool to download Android 12 rom, I used SM-G998U for model and SPR for CSC.
2. After the download was complete I backed up my phone using the PC version of Smart Switch.
3. I used patched ODIN 3 v3.14.1_3B_Patched to load the firmware, I put AP, BL, CP, and CSC (not Home CSC). I didn't use the UserData file.
4. After phone restarted it gave me an error message about system and requested that I do a Factory Reset.
5. After Factory Reset phone boots normally into Samsung Setup with no boatyard.
6. Use Smart Switch to recover data, and everything should be working fine, including VoLTE and Video Calling

I hope this helps.

Just to confirm. Are you having a US phone which is being used outside US? What is your current carrier?
Yes I have a US phone and I am currently using it in China.
You can check the screenshots. I have the HD symbol for VoLTE, I left the country code of my sim to show I am in China, and you can check the software version, and service provider software it is a US model S21 ultra

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211202-152538_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20211202-152538_Settings.jpg
    403.1 KB · Views: 57
  • Screenshot_20211202-152520_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20211202-152520_Settings.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 57

Kanwal85

Dec 2, 2021

1. I used Frija tool to download Android 12 rom, I used SM-G998U for model and SPR for CSC.
2. After the download was complete I backed up my phone using the PC version of Smart Switch.
3. I used patched ODIN 3 v3.14.1_3B_Patched to load the firmware, I put AP, BL, CP, and CSC (not Home CSC). I didn't use the UserData file.
4. After phone restarted it gave me an error message about system and requested that I do a Factory Reset.
5. After Factory Reset phone boots normally into Samsung Setup with no boatyard.
6. Use Smart Switch to recover data, and everything should be working fine, including VoLTE and Video Calling

I hope this helps.
Does ot works for wifi calling

Kanwal85

Dec 2, 2021

I hope this helps.
Bro did it fix 120hz refresh rate bug and wifi calling bug?

Kanwal85

Dec 2, 2021
The 120hz bug is universal I think. I know that Samsung are trying to fix this.
Wifi calling should be working, my service provider doesn't offer it so I can't test that.
Ok thanks alot bro .. one more thing want to ask that do we get future updates if we install this Rom? One more thing I think if you install the same rom dedicated for your model without copying user data might have fix your issues . I have just guy feeling for this .. You may try this because your have all tools already but I EVEN dont have computer and have to arrange from somewhere else..

Ok thanks alot bro .. one more thing want to ask that do we get future updates if we install this Rom? One more thing I think if you install the same rom dedicated for your model without copying user data might have fix your issues . I have just guy feeling for this .. You may try this because your have all tools already but I EVEN dont have computer and have to arrange from somewhere else..
It's an official Rom, so you can receive future updates OTA.
Not sure about the last part though, because only carrier specific roms have user data. But you can try, and hope you succeed bro

Last edited:

Kanwal85

Dec 2, 2021
It's an official Rom, so you can receive future updates OTA.
Not sure about the last part though, because only carrier specific roms have user data. But you can try, and hope you succeed bro
My phones model no is SM-G998U1 but your phone model is SM-G998U. So will this method works for me what do you think

My phones model no is SM-G998U1 but your phone model is SM-G998U. So will this method works for me what do you think
U and U1 are the same. U just means that it is a rom from a specific carrier, U1 means it's unlocked or has no carrier.
Previously I was on U1 rom but had the problems discussed in this thread, and I changed to U rom, and it fixed them. I think samsung broke the settings for IMS in the U1 OneUI 4 update.

U and U1 are completely interchangeable, don't worry about that.

Kanwal85

Dec 2, 2021
U and U1 are the same. U just means that it is a rom from a specific carrier, U1 means it's unlocked or has no carrier.
Previously I was on U1 rom but had the problems discussed in this thread, and I changed to U rom, and it fixed them. I think samsung broke the settings for IMS in the U1 OneUI 4 update.

U and U1 are completely interchangeable, don't worry about that.
Ok bro thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello All,
    I posted this in Samsung Community, but unfortunately none was able to help. I am hoping XDA members could help fix this issue.

I am facing a strange problem with my S21 Ultra Unlocked which was directly bought from Samsung. I had enrolled into OneUI 4.0 beta when I was in the US. I was using Sprint connection then.

I had to travel back to my home country (India) and I am using an Airtel sim card (LTE) here. Now, the strange problem is that LTE (data) works here fine. But, VoLTE is not working. The network changes to 2G for phone calls. I am assuming that the auto-switching bands which was introduced in OneUI 4.0 is causing the problem.

Using Smart Switch PC, I rolled back to One UI 3.1. VoLTE and WiFi calling started to work again. But, soon after I got update notification for One UI 4 beta. To confirm that it is indeed an issue with One UI 4, I installed it again. And as expected, I am not getting VoLTE or WiFI calling again.

Since I changed from Sprint to Airtel, I am not able to withdraw from the Beta program as well. I am getting the error "One UI beta features aren't available because your service provider has changed".

Also, I am not sure what the final One UI 4 will offer. For the first time in my life, I am seeing an Android upgrade causing my phone to not able to connect to VoLTE.

I am also attaching the screenshots of Phone Information. As you can see, in OneUI 3.1, VoLTE and WiFi calling are provisioned. But in OneUI 4, both are not available. I am assuming the issue is because IMS is not registered. But, I am not able to find how this can be fixed.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks,
    APS

#volte #samsung #s21ultra #oneui #oneui4 #imsservice #ims #airtel #oneuibeta
    Hi, Thanks for your information that would help
    unfortunately I have waisted lot of time to find out the reason and U firmware helped, could you be so kind to check 1 thing if you are still on U1 ? and VoLTE is working? if yes please can you tell us if the phone number is visible in About Phone > Phone number?
    because on U1 firmware it was never being visible even on android 11
    Yeah, I have U1 model and volte does work now. However there's a bug if you are using volte wifi calling. In case, you connect your device to another wifi, volte goes away and only fix is to reboot the device. Regarding phone number, yeah I can see it in about phone.