Question VoLTE not working since OneUI 4.0 Beta installation

Search This thread

aps99

Nov 23, 2021
Hello All,
I posted this in Samsung Community, but unfortunately none was able to help. I am hoping XDA members could help fix this issue.

I am facing a strange problem with my S21 Ultra Unlocked which was directly bought from Samsung. I had enrolled into OneUI 4.0 beta when I was in the US. I was using Sprint connection then.

I had to travel back to my home country (India) and I am using an Airtel sim card (LTE) here. Now, the strange problem is that LTE (data) works here fine. But, VoLTE is not working. The network changes to 2G for phone calls. I am assuming that the auto-switching bands which was introduced in OneUI 4.0 is causing the problem.

Using Smart Switch PC, I rolled back to One UI 3.1. VoLTE and WiFi calling started to work again. But, soon after I got update notification for One UI 4 beta. To confirm that it is indeed an issue with One UI 4, I installed it again. And as expected, I am not getting VoLTE or WiFI calling again.

Since I changed from Sprint to Airtel, I am not able to withdraw from the Beta program as well. I am getting the error "One UI beta features aren't available because your service provider has changed".

Also, I am not sure what the final One UI 4 will offer. For the first time in my life, I am seeing an Android upgrade causing my phone to not able to connect to VoLTE.

I am also attaching the screenshots of Phone Information. As you can see, in OneUI 3.1, VoLTE and WiFi calling are provisioned. But in OneUI 4, both are not available. I am assuming the issue is because IMS is not registered. But, I am not able to find how this can be fixed.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks,
APS

#volte #samsung #s21ultra #oneui #oneui4 #imsservice #ims #airtel #oneuibeta

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211121-101133_Phone.jpg
    Screenshot_20211121-101133_Phone.jpg
    370.1 KB · Views: 367
  • Screenshot_20211121-101150_Phone.jpg
    Screenshot_20211121-101150_Phone.jpg
    313.8 KB · Views: 369
  • Screenshot_20211122-104004_Phone services.jpg
    Screenshot_20211122-104004_Phone services.jpg
    516.2 KB · Views: 305
  • Screenshot_20211122-104009_Phone services.jpg
    Screenshot_20211122-104009_Phone services.jpg
    410.7 KB · Views: 360
Reactions: Ipse_Tase

aps99

Nov 23, 2021
A quick update - I updated to final version One UI 4 and the issue is still there. I am still not able to get VoLTE or WiFi calling in India.

aps99

Nov 23, 2021
I am having similar issue. Were you able to figure out anything?
No. I have started a new thread in Samsung US Community. Let's see if it reaches the right team who needs to fix this issue.

Since the issue was previously in the Beta version, I didn't get much support. Now, I can see more people facing the same issue since OneUI 4 final version is out.

dp1989

Oct 20, 2013
Can you please provide Samsung members thread link here (or subject line which will help me find it).. I will reply with same issue

Skander1998

May 23, 2012
Doha
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Samsung Galaxy S7
Yes. I've noticed this since the beta started, was hoping it would be fixed by the time stable is released, but looks like it isn't.

VoLTE/VoWiFi worked fine in Qatar with One UI 3.1 (US unlocked model) but is unable to activate on One UI 4.
It's a shame, but they probably won't fix it since it still works alright with US sims. Maybe it will be fixed in One UI 5 accidentally next year the same way it broke now, but don't hold your breath.

varcor

Jul 15, 2017
San Diego
Samsung Galaxy S10+
I would once again rollback to One UI 3.1 and wait for a stable Android 12 One UI 4.0 however it may never work with that device in your region. I won't be updating until they release a better version, still too many bugs. Your best option is sell it and buy your Service Provider's device, that's a permanent fix.

aps99

Nov 23, 2021
I would once again rollback to One UI 3.1 and wait for a stable Android 12 One UI 4.0 however it may never work with that device in your region. I won't be updating until they release a better version, still too many bugs. Your best option is sell it and buy your Service Provider's device, that's a permanent fix.

I am on stable One UI 4.0 now. Still it doesn't work.

I cannot sell a device that has such an issue now that I am in India. I will probably sell it once I am back in US if Samsung doesn't fix this issue before then.

Hey i was having this same problem, but seems to have disappeared since I installed SM-G998U rom. I didn't install Userdata and seems I didn't get any bloatware plus activation is still on. You can try.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211129-043923_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20211129-043923_Settings.jpg
    446.4 KB · Views: 174

Skander1998

May 23, 2012
Doha
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Samsung Galaxy S7
Go to settings -->general> reset ----> reset network settings

And reboot after

Volte shou´d work again
That won't work, and is completely irrelevant to the issue at hand. This only applies to the unlocked US model (U1) - the OneUI 4 update misconfigures VoLTE for international SIMs.

U will work, but the branded firmware shouldn't be required, U1 is currently broken.

aps99

Nov 23, 2021
Hey i was having this same problem, but seems to have disappeared since I installed SM-G998U rom. I didn't install Userdata and seems I didn't get any bloatware plus activation is still on. You can try.

Did you lose the data? I already factory reset my phone trying to fix this issue, rolling back etc.

Kanwal85

Dec 2, 2021
Go to settings -->general> reset ----> reset network settings

And reboot after

Volte shou´d work again
Will you please elaborate the whole procedure how did you installed this rom roll back to one UI 3.1 safely..
I have USA unlocked variant of S21 ultra and i am on stable One UI 4.0. Facing the issues.
..VOLTE AND WIFI CALLING FEATURE NOT WORKING ..
YOUR HELP WOULD BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello All,
    I posted this in Samsung Community, but unfortunately none was able to help. I am hoping XDA members could help fix this issue.

I am facing a strange problem with my S21 Ultra Unlocked which was directly bought from Samsung. I had enrolled into OneUI 4.0 beta when I was in the US. I was using Sprint connection then.

I had to travel back to my home country (India) and I am using an Airtel sim card (LTE) here. Now, the strange problem is that LTE (data) works here fine. But, VoLTE is not working. The network changes to 2G for phone calls. I am assuming that the auto-switching bands which was introduced in OneUI 4.0 is causing the problem.

Using Smart Switch PC, I rolled back to One UI 3.1. VoLTE and WiFi calling started to work again. But, soon after I got update notification for One UI 4 beta. To confirm that it is indeed an issue with One UI 4, I installed it again. And as expected, I am not getting VoLTE or WiFI calling again.

Since I changed from Sprint to Airtel, I am not able to withdraw from the Beta program as well. I am getting the error "One UI beta features aren't available because your service provider has changed".

Also, I am not sure what the final One UI 4 will offer. For the first time in my life, I am seeing an Android upgrade causing my phone to not able to connect to VoLTE.

I am also attaching the screenshots of Phone Information. As you can see, in OneUI 3.1, VoLTE and WiFi calling are provisioned. But in OneUI 4, both are not available. I am assuming the issue is because IMS is not registered. But, I am not able to find how this can be fixed.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks,
    APS

#volte #samsung #s21ultra #oneui #oneui4 #imsservice #ims #airtel #oneuibeta
    Hi, Thanks for your information that would help
    unfortunately I have waisted lot of time to find out the reason and U firmware helped, could you be so kind to check 1 thing if you are still on U1 ? and VoLTE is working? if yes please can you tell us if the phone number is visible in About Phone > Phone number?
    because on U1 firmware it was never being visible even on android 11
    Yeah, I have U1 model and volte does work now. However there's a bug if you are using volte wifi calling. In case, you connect your device to another wifi, volte goes away and only fix is to reboot the device. Regarding phone number, yeah I can see it in about phone.