Volte Port For Xperia Z3+/Z4[WORKING]

Search This thread

HBK_Rishav

Mar 25, 2017
Siliguri
VolTe Port for E6553 and E6533(Both single and dual sim versions)
Here we will understand that how to use volte with our beloved E6553 and E6533.
  1. How it will work?
    ANS: Actually Xperia Z3+/Z4 and Xperia Z5 both have the same chipset where Xperia Z5 has official Volte support but Xperia Z3+/Z4 does not. It's clear that Xperia Z3+/Z4 have hardware support for volte and we just have to do some software level tweaks to make it work!
  2. Does it supports all network's volte?
    ANS: Possibly no! In my region, only one telecom provider supports volte i.e. Jio and it's working flawlessly without any issue.
NOTE:

1. You should have your bootloader unlocked!
  2. I am not responsible for any damage or harm you may cause to your device by following this thread.
  3. Have some patience!
Things you will need:

• 1. Rooted stock firmware(I've uploaded the firmware)
    2. Rooted with super su
    3. Build prop editor
    4. Quick shortcut maker
Without any further delay let's start!

• Step 1: Flash the stock firmware that I've provided.
    Step 2:Flash the custom kernel.
    Step 3: Root the rom by flashing supersu.(Don't use magisk!!)
    Step 4: Install build prop editor app from play store.
    Step 5: In build prop editor grant root permission and search for ro.build.type and change the value from user to userdebug.
    Step 6: Add new lines:

• ro.mtk_ims_support
      Value:1
      ro.mtk_volte_support
      persist.mtk.volte.enable
      persist.dbg.volte_avail_ovr
      value:1
    Step 7: Reboot into recovery(Turn off the phone and press & hold vol- and power button) and the flash volte.zip file.
    Step 8:Clear data and force stop the following apps:
    1. org.codeaurora.ims
      phone service
      phone
    Step 9: Reboot your device and install Quick shortcut maker app from play store.
    Step 10: Open quick shortcut maker and search for modem switcher and create the shortcut.
    Step 11: Open the shortcut from the homescreen and change the modem to amss_fsg_ivy_telekom2_ims_tar.mbn and your device will reboot automatically.
    Step 12: Now head towards settings>more>mobile networks>volte>ON.
    Congrats! Your device have VolTe now. If you want the volte icon on status bar then follow the next steps:
    Step 13: Download the Es file explorer app from play store and grant root permission.
    Step 14: Head towards root directory/>system>vendor>overlay and paste com.android.systemui-res-305.apk here and change the permission to rw/r/r
    Step 15: Reboot your device and you're done.

NOTE: All the files are in the download section.

DOWNLOADS
CREDITS
The volte zip belongs to @akshay2shah and I've just posted the way to use it with this particular device.
THANK YOU.:cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: Xperia Mini

doctorsworld99

Mar 10, 2012
Dual Sim Firmware:https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XmvzZBMSD-pdvkJS7l3XjvCrS7ySCgxc
Single Sim kernel:https://xdaforums.com/crossdevice-dev/sony/twrp-3-1-0-z5-z5c-z5p-t3571050
Dual Sim Kernel: Please use the single sim kernel and reply if it's working or not. :[/FONT][/SIZE]
I'll surely help,,, but please let me know few things
1.which is this firmware exactly (region and build)
2.the link for the kernel is actually a TWRP page link.... So please correct the link buddy.

Reactions: Champsingh909

sandeepachanta2000

Feb 15, 2018
hey i had done this process in my xperia z3+ dual e6533 but in

in the last step when i change the modem to amss_fsg_ivy_telekom2_ims_tar.mbn my phone rebooted and the imei are not there and it is showing no sim card and when i again changed the mobem to normal imei is coming back and detecting sim card but volte not working. it is showing volte on and off but not working volte please help
thanks in advance i had used the firmware that u had given links

Last edited:

sunnyjps

Mar 5, 2010
Rousse
Sorry, but this is a very long and boring procedure :)
It's very easy with Magysk's module VoLTE Enabler. It's clear that you'll gotta have magysk installed

HBK_Rishav

Mar 25, 2017
Siliguri
This mod is only working with single Sim variant. I will be posting a video and help all the users in comment section after 20th of June because of my exams.

Reactions: iam_dev_

iam_dev_

Nov 30, 2014
Please do make a video and share it here. i was looking for a step by step vid , i hope ur vid help me and many other owning this phone

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    VolTe Port for E6553 and E6533(Both single and dual sim versions)
    Here we will understand that how to use volte with our beloved E6553 and E6533.
    1. How it will work?
      ANS: Actually Xperia Z3+/Z4 and Xperia Z5 both have the same chipset where Xperia Z5 has official Volte support but Xperia Z3+/Z4 does not. It's clear that Xperia Z3+/Z4 have hardware support for volte and we just have to do some software level tweaks to make it work!
    2. Does it supports all network's volte?
      ANS: Possibly no! In my region, only one telecom provider supports volte i.e. Jio and it's working flawlessly without any issue.
    NOTE:

1. You should have your bootloader unlocked!
    2. I am not responsible for any damage or harm you may cause to your device by following this thread.
    3. Have some patience!
    Things you will need:

• 1. Rooted stock firmware(I've uploaded the firmware)
      2. Rooted with super su
      3. Build prop editor
      4. Quick shortcut maker
    Without any further delay let's start!

• Step 1: Flash the stock firmware that I've provided.
      Step 2:Flash the custom kernel.
      Step 3: Root the rom by flashing supersu.(Don't use magisk!!)
      Step 4: Install build prop editor app from play store.
      Step 5: In build prop editor grant root permission and search for ro.build.type and change the value from user to userdebug.
      Step 6: Add new lines:

• ro.mtk_ims_support
        ro.mtk_volte_support
        persist.mtk.volte.enable
        persist.dbg.volte_avail_ovr
        value:1
      Step 7: Reboot into recovery(Turn off the phone and press & hold vol- and power button) and the flash volte.zip file.
      Step 8:Clear data and force stop the following apps:
      1. org.codeaurora.ims
        phone service
        phone
      Step 9: Reboot your device and install Quick shortcut maker app from play store.
      Step 10: Open quick shortcut maker and search for modem switcher and create the shortcut.
      Step 11: Open the shortcut from the homescreen and change the modem to amss_fsg_ivy_telekom2_ims_tar.mbn and your device will reboot automatically.
      Step 12: Now head towards settings>more>mobile networks>volte>ON.
      Congrats! Your device have VolTe now. If you want the volte icon on status bar then follow the next steps:
      Step 13: Download the Es file explorer app from play store and grant root permission.
      Step 14: Head towards root directory/>system>vendor>overlay and paste com.android.systemui-res-305.apk here and change the permission to rw/r/r
      Step 15: Reboot your device and you're done.

NOTE: All the files are in the download section.

DOWNLOADS
    CREDITS
    The volte zip belongs to @akshay2shah and I've just posted the way to use it with this particular device.
    THANK YOU.:cool:
    Dual Sim Firmware:https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XmvzZBMSD-pdvkJS7l3XjvCrS7ySCgxc
    Single Sim kernel:https://xdaforums.com/crossdevice-dev/sony/twrp-3-1-0-z5-z5c-z5p-t3571050
    Dual Sim Kernel: Please use the single sim kernel and reply if it's working or not. :[/FONT][/SIZE]
    I'll surely help,,, but please let me know few things
    1.which is this firmware exactly (region and build)
    2.the link for the kernel is actually a TWRP page link.... So please correct the link buddy.
    This mod is only working with single Sim variant. I will be posting a video and help all the users in comment section after 20th of June because of my exams.