How To Guide VoLTE, VoWIFI, and 5G in AUS

Search This thread
Wow you guys are awesome!

Out if curiosity, I have a Oneplus 6 running Siberia (A12 - no kernels or other mods)

Highly unlikely that this method would work for my device, but would appreciate any advice or thoughts.

Thanks on advance 🙂🙂🙂
Honestly I'm not totally sure, if you can get the toggles enabled in the os and can manage to connect the phone to pdc it will probably just be trial and error to see if you can get volte to work. I got volte to work on a stock OP3 running Android 9 using a variation of this guide, although it didn't stick with a restart.

Reactions: Jonathanblabla
Honestly I'm not totally sure, if you can get the toggles enabled in the os and can manage to connect the phone to pdc it will probably just be trial and error to see if you can get volte to work. I got volte to work on a stock OP3 running Android 9 using a variation of this guide, although it didn't stick with a restart

Honestly I'm not totally sure, if you can get the toggles enabled in the os and can manage to connect the phone to pdc it will probably just be trial and error to see if you can get volte to work. I got volte to work on a stock OP3 running Android 9 using a variation of this guide, although it didn't stick with a restart.
I reckon your right with the trial and error... I'm keen to give it a go! Will let you know how it goes 🙂

rofe00

Sep 13, 2021
Hey there, is there anyone who tried with CN version LE2120 ? VoWifi/VoLTE works, but not 5G for me. Now I've upgraded to C.44 EU Version , VoLTE/VoWifi works automatically ,but 5G still does not work. Any idea what is going wrong ?

Alexey_KF

Jul 30, 2017
Gomel
OnePlus 9 Pro
Try dialing the service code *#54794824# in the dialer. Then reboot the phone and there should be a switch in the developer menu.
Unfortunately, I can’t check the way I live in Belarus, there is no 5G.

Hildanew

Sep 21, 2021
Hey there, is there anyone who tried with CN version LE2120 ? VoWifi/VoLTE works, but not 5G for me. Now I've upgraded to C.44 EU Version , VoLTE/VoWifi works automatically ,but 5G still does not work. Any idea what is going wrong ?
hi, its "official" bug. after reset phone to manufactur will be working correctly or switch 5G SIM to slot 2 and will be working too.)

rofe00

Sep 13, 2021
hi, its "official" bug. after reset phone to manufactur will be working correctly or switch 5G SIM to slot 2 and will be working too.)
I tried to put 5G Sim to slot 2, still the same.it's not even showing 4G+, only 4G. I'm using Boost which is using Telstra network. I had 5G when I was using ColourOS.

I tried to put 5G Sim to slot 2, still the same.it's not even showing 4G+, only 4G. I'm using Boost which is using Telstra network. I had 5G when I was using ColourOS.
Hey mate, I just did a little bit of research and apparently 5G isn't enabled on the boost network. Maybe give them a call and 100% confirm that. With c.44 it should work perfect out of the box

rofe00

Sep 13, 2021
Hey mate, I just did a little bit of research and apparently 5G isn't enabled on the boost network. Maybe give them a call and 100% confirm that. With c.44 it should work perfect out of the box
You are right mate. It was a silly mistake. But I did have 5G when using colourOS, and I flashed it back once before to confirm, I still have it. It means I was hacking into Telstra’s 5G with colourOS lol …

zz098722

Feb 16, 2022
mmexport1645001278087.jpg
Screenshot_2022-02-16-19-40-30-17_79d0ff8f9752a3fc32487e6d62330a6a.jpg
Screenshot_2022-02-16-19-49-48-80_fc704e6b13c4fb26bf5e411f75da84f2.jpg

1644981529230.jpg

OnePlus 9 pro EU Oxygen android 12 c44(purchased a Chinese version LE2120)

works with Optus 5g.

but it really depends on where you are.

also I think there is no hardware difference based on where you purchase the device. you can just install whichever version from here https://xdaforums.com/t/oneplus-9-pro-rom-ota-oxygen-os-repo-of-oxygen-os-builds.4254587/

Gerard K

Mar 20, 2022
Xiaomi 11T Pro
I am using mi11t dual sim. Can i make vowifi call (sim 1) over mobile data (sim 2) instead of wifi. I can make wifi call over wifi only currently.

Attachments

• received_295941442589252.jpeg
    received_295941442589252.jpeg
    7.2 KB · Views: 23

darksaber79

Mar 8, 2016
Sydney
Hi all, I know this is a 9pro thread, but can anyone confirm this works on a 7pro?

Running android 11 (stable build)
Boost network (Telstra, confirmed as supporting volte + vowifi)
Have done the easy part and installed and run toolkit and enabled sliders for both.

I just upgraded from the 7pro to a 10pro.
The 10pro supports this out of the box which is great.

But my son has upgraded to the 7pro from his Samsung Galaxy a20 which actually did support volte & vowifi.

Cheers

Hi all, I know this is a 9pro thread, but can anyone confirm this works on a 7pro?

Running android 11 (stable build)
Boost network (Telstra, confirmed as supporting volte + vowifi)
Have done the easy part and installed and run toolkit and enabled sliders for both.

I just upgraded from the 7pro to a 10pro.
The 10pro supports this out of the box which is great.

But my son has upgraded to the 7pro from his Samsung Galaxy a20 which actually did support volte & vowifi.

Cheers
Hey Mate,

Yep this 100% works on the 7pro, I also have a 7 pro and is fully working on that device.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Fellow OP9 Pro users

I just wanted to start a thread for anyone interested in a OP9/Pro in australia that wanted to get Volte, VoWIFI, and 5G working.
    I have tested this and confirmed that it is 100% working for Telstra & Vodafone, I have good word that this method will also work on Optus but don't actually have an Optus sim to test this with.

Huge shout out to happiboi from the OP8 forums for the methods used to get this all working with A11.

First step is to download the oneplus logkit from this link: https://downloadmirror.co/1MW9/com.oem.oemlogkit_1.0-1.apk
    Once this has been installed, open the dialer on the phone and type in *#800#, tap on the "oneplus logkit" button, scroll down and tap on "Function switch", then tap on "VoLTE switch" but do not click restart click cancel. Then Tap on "VoWiFi switch" this time press reboot.

Once the phone has rebooted open settings, Wi-Fi & Network, SIM & network, SIM 1, then enable both the toggles for VoLTE and VoWIFI. This is probably also a good time to ensure 5G is enabled under "Prefer network type".

Now what we have done so far is essentially just enable the toggles for everything to work, what we still need to do is actually configure the phone to work on the Australian mobile networks, this is where the information and hard work from happiboi really comes in. I have quoted the guide from happiboi below as it is very well written anyway.
    Code:
    Prerequisites:
    * Need ADB suite available on PC & enabled "ADB debugging" on phone via developer options
    * When you permit your PC adb access to the phone after first adb command, make sure you tick always permit this device. When the phone boots after "adb reboot ftm", the screen is inactive so you can't authorise the device when you try to adb shell and are stuck
    * Need QPST suite of apps installed on PC (needed PDC tools + EFS explorer)
    * If on custom firmware - probably a good idea to backup your phone before you do this. On custom firmware after the first "adb reboot ftm" rebooting again puts the device in a boot loop until you format data

Process:
    - Open command prompt on PC & navigate to where your ADB suite is located

- Type command without "":
        "adb devices" (I like to do this to ensure adb can speak with phone/computer)

- Should display:
        List of devices attached
        <if working, your device should be listed here (else, it'll be blank)>

"adb reboot ftm"
        --> This puts phone into field test mode

"adb shell"
        --> Creates dialogue for shell command on phone

- In the shell (OnePlus8Pro:/ $ ) type command without "":
        "setprop sys.usb.config diag,diag_mdm,qdss,qdss_mdm,serial_cdev,dpl,rmnet,adb"
        --> This opens up ports that we used to be able to in Android 10

- Phone Screen is still blank - but it's OK.

- Start up PDC Tool in Admin mode on PC

- Click drop down, select phone connection (there's only 1 in the list)
    --> **  If the drop-down box is empty and no phone/device listed, you cannot proceed.
    --> ** Other users have foudn this to be related to a Qualcomm driver issue.
    --> ** Delete the drivers you have currently installed and get a new one from here:
    --> **      https://gsmusbdriver.com/install-qualcomm-usb-driver.
    --> **  Also once the device shows up in PDC don't click on it, open efs explorer and let it start searching directories --> ** before going back to PDC and clicking on the device in the drop down.
    --> ** The window may say 'not responding' just leave it until the carrier list populates then carry on with below steps

- Do the profile activation stuff for Telefonica_UK_Commercial:
        - Look for "Telefonica_UK_Commercial", right click and SetSelectedConfig for both Sub0 and Sub1
        - Click on the above profile again and click on Activate
        - Do not restart your phone

- Don't close PDC yet (don't know if it make a difference but I didn't close)

- Open EFS Explorer (I opened in Admin mode too)

- Navigate to "\nv\item_files\ims\"
        - Replace ims_user_agent file with one supplied
        --> The supplied one has Telstra VoLTE Qualcomm as header instead of Telefonica

- Navigate to "\policyman"
        - Replace carrier_policy.xml & carrier_policy.xml_Subscription01 with ones supplied.
        --> Just take carrier_policy.xml and make a copy named "carrier_policy.xml_Subscription01"
        --> ** Caveat, I further modified the carrier_policy.xml file as it wasn't enabling 5G for me on my IN2020 (Android 11) Oneplus 8 Pro.
        --> ** I changed the nr5g_sa_bands base & nr5g_nsa_bands base values to be "hardware" rather than specifically band n78.
        --> ** This changes config to allow whatever 5G bands the hardware has available rather than specific bands
        --> ** You can't enable bands that the hardware doesn't support anyway so makes sense to enable all
        --> ** This gave me the needed 5G access with Telstra

"adb reboot"

After phone boots back up, 5G + VoLTE + VoWiFi are all intact and in working order!
    [/QUOTE]
    I am extremely interested to see if anyone running the A12 beta would try this and see what sort of results they are able to achieve.

Cheers guys.
    Might be helpful.. - 4pda
    Thanks a lot for this! thought I was being screwed by Telstra the whole time.

Confirmed working on LE2123, Oxygen build 11.2.6.6.LE15BA with Telstra 5G, VoWIFI & VoLTE, though when installing the Qualcomm driver in Device Manager I had to use the "Qualcomm HS-USB WWAN Adapter 9091" option to make my phone show up in QPST.
    Hi Guys, Thanks for providing detailed instructions. I am not a super technical person. But, I managed to follow steps provided in the instructions. Also, I had to create a profile in XDA to thank members in this forum and provide details of my experience.
    I successfully managed to get VoLTE and VoWiFi working. Screenshots are attached. The area that I reside is not covered with 5G service. I am yet to test whether 5G is working and I will keep you posted. I am with Optus - Australia.
    Note: I edited the 'ims_user_agent' file and replaced the text 'Telstra' with 'Optus'.

Screenshot_20211216-125307.jpg
    Screenshot_20211216-125321.jpg
    Screenshot_20211216-125400.jpg
    Screenshot_20211216-125230.jpg

Few things I noticed during the process;
    1. I could not find the device in PDC Dropdown.
    2. I noticed that the mobile device driver was outdated in Windows device manager
    3. I installed the latest 'qualcomm-usb-driver' and restarted the pc and the device was detected and started appearing in the PDC Dropdown
    4. 'EFS Explorer' - I could only find 'carrier_policy.xml' inside the 'policyman' folder.
    5. When I tried replacing the files, there was a warning saying the file size is too big. I got a copy of the 'carrier_policy.xml' file available in the mobile device and replaced the content with content in the provided XML and imported back to the 'policyman' folder. Then I re-named the same XML and replaced the content with content in the provided "carrier_policy.xml_Subscription01" file and placed it in the 'policyman' folder.
    6. Finally, performed the 'adb reboot'.

As @mhall156 mentioned, its a shame that we have to go through this pain to get basic services working in a Flagship mobile device. I guess, OnePlus should know that people buy their devices from overseas and users travel around the world. They should do more to work with the carriers to ensure the devices are compatible, accepted, whatever to get the basic services working. Please see below note from OnePlus support.

1639650688797.png

OnePlus Community Forum Thread: https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...9-pro-le2125-australia-optus-network.1525384/
    #oneplus #optus #australia #5G #LE2125 #oneplussupport
    Thanks for this. Can confirm that this works for the UK as well. I'm on VOXI (Vodafone) and saw no option for wifi calling. Just followed the first part to download the logkit, enabled switch, wifi calling working :)