[VoLTE/VoWiFi][OP5/5T] for almost all carrier!

Search This thread

Dolpech

Jun 19, 2020
Yes i have a OnePlus 5, rooted, VoEnabler, and MBN eu vodafone Netherlands.
SFR/RED Carrier, but i have activated both options by the chat support.
I don't have an another SIM, but i advise to you contact Bouygues/B&Y for activate VoLTE and VoWIFI natively on your SIM/Carrier

Hi,
The volte + vowifi option is activated on my line by bouygues. my sim card works with its two functions on an Xaomi.
Since your phone is a oneplus 5, and you have used the same mbn file posted on this forum, there are only two alternatives to this problem:

Either the mbn file is not fully compatible with bouygues telecom. (I have tried other files they are not either)

Or i must root the phone and activate the VoEnabler module for the volte to work properly.

How does the VoEnabler module work, and what does it do exactly?

Thanks,

Pho3nX

Jun 13, 2013
Hi,
if your phone is not rooted :
Have you made a 4g volte call since the implementation of this procedure?
Do you have the vote icon that disappears during the call, and your 4g which goes into 3g, despite a volte icon before the call (same when receiving a call)?
Please test it, and come back to me.

however the vowifi works properly.

Best regards,

Hi,
The volte + vowifi option is activated on my line by bouygues. my sim card works with its two functions on an Xaomi.
Since your phone is a oneplus 5, and you have used the same mbn file posted on this forum, there are only two alternatives to this problem:

Either the mbn file is not fully compatible with bouygues telecom. (I have tried other files they are not either)

Or i must root the phone and activate the VoEnabler module for the volte to work properly.

How does the VoEnabler module work, and what does it do exactly?

Thanks,

Have you turn off the WiFi advanced settings (look my screenshot) ?
VoEnabler just add menu in SIM Card section, for easily enable/disable VoLTE/VoWiFi and chose prefered call WiFi or Data

leptitlutin

Mar 27, 2011
After some little test, I can confirme we don't need root.
When I made test yesterday, it was with one sim (Sosh)
With the other one (RED) no problem, it works perfectly.

Dolpech

Jun 19, 2020
Have you turn off the WiFi advanced settings (look my screenshot) ?
VoEnabler just add menu in SIM Card section, for easily enable/disable VoLTE/VoWiFi and chose prefered call WiFi or Data

Hi,
Yes, I have the same wifi parameters as on your screenshot.
But that does not change my situation, the mbn file is fully functional with an SFR sim card and partially with a Bouygues sim card.

Thank. you.

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

After some little test, I can confirme we don't need root.
When I made test yesterday, it was with one sim (Sosh)
With the other one (RED) no problem, it works perfectly.

Hi,
So, this must be the mbn file which does'nt fully stick with Bouygues.
The vowifi works correctly at bouygues with the file:
generic \ eu \ telefoni \ commerci \ uk

The volte look like at the volte, but it is not, it is canada dry !

someone with a Bouygues telecom subscription can confirm this?

edgd1er

Jun 4, 2012
Hi,

Yes, I have the same wifi parameters as on your screenshot.

But that does not change my situation, the mbn file is fully functional with an SFR sim card and partially with a Bouygues sim card.

Thank. you.

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

Hi,

So, this must be the mbn file which does'nt fully stick with Bouygues.

The vowifi works correctly at bouygues with the file:

generic \ eu \ telefoni \ commerci \ uk

The volte look like at the volte, but it is not, it is canada dry !

someone with a Bouygues telecom subscription can confirm this?
Hi @Dolpech,

I have a bouyguestelecom subscription. When I flashed telefonica uk mbn, only volte icon was displayed. Now with vodaphone nl, I have both. I called while in plane mode, so i m sure vowifi is ok. My guess is that volte is also. I would say volte is ok too, as calls start much more quickly (2 or 3 sec between dialing and ringing, as there is no need to switch to 3g). To have a "hd" conversation, caller and callee must have volte enabled.

Why do you think volte is "canada dry"?

Sent using tapathing

Dolpech

Jun 19, 2020
Hi @Dolpech,

I have a bouyguestelecom subscription. When I flashed telefonica uk mbn, only volte icon was displayed. Now with vodaphone nl, I have both. I called while in plane mode, so i m sure vowifi is ok. My guess is that volte is also. I would say volte is ok too, as calls start much more quickly (2 or 3 sec between dialing and ringing, as there is no need to switch to 3g). To have a "hd" conversation, caller and callee must have volte enabled.

Why do you think volte is "canada dry"?

Sent using tapathing

Hi,
I wrote that the activated volte and vowifi look like canada dry because the functionalities that we activate with this method are not complete (with my Bouygues telecom subscription).

For the vowfi : Try to put in airplane mode + activated wifi, you can call and be called, but the sms do not go through the vowifi then which should have passed.
For the Volte: When you call in 4g, turn off the wifi and see if your volte indicator stays on during the call, and if your phone does not switch to 3g ...

Reactions: charlie..

Dolpech

Jun 19, 2020
Hi,
I wrote that the activated volte and vowifi look like canada dry because the functionalities that we activate with this method are not complete (with my Bouygues telecom subscription).

For the vowfi : Try to put in airplane mode + activated wifi, you can call and be called, but the sms do not go through the vowifi then which should have passed.
For the Volte: When you call in 4g, turn off the wifi and see if your volte indicator stays on during the call, and if your phone does not switch to 3g ...

Hi edgd1er,
You who have a Bouygues telecom subscription, I forgot to ask you if your phone was rooted +
voenabler Magisk Module?

wtx1033

Jun 20, 2013
Mordor
"efstools method"

so guys,

is this the method that works for non-rooted oneplus 5 phones? or is there another method that is less dangerous than touching the EFS partition?

Hi friends, we had volte problem with new update, old PDC method gives error. I saw another method in a few places, before me there was post about it, but was so complicated for read. On 4pda site was written so easy., if you know how to use command director on windows, it is not a troublesome process.

Step 1: Download https://4pda.ru/pages/go/?u=https:/...EfsTools-0.10-modded-1.2-win32.zip&e=97287430 and https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PiVhB35MPx19sxqxQ4svgOvPXL1dxobt/view open both to a same new folder on the desktop.

Step 2: than dial * # 801 # and turn the serial and full port switch buttons on and connect the phone to the computer.

Step 3: In the lower left corner of the screen, the command directory appears in the search as CMD. Type "cd desktop" into the current directory, you switch to the desktop, if you know the name of the folder you opened, type "cd (folder name)", going into the folder, write "EfsTools.exe efsInfo", you can copy and paste it. When you press enter, the port number and some text are displayed on the screen.

Step 4: then we close the mcfg file: write " EfsTools.exe writeFile -i mcfg_autoselect_by_uim -o / nv / item_files / mcfg / mcfg_autoselect_by_uim " into this script and press enter, then write it: " EfsTools.exe writeFile -i mcfg_a_u_a_a_a_select / nv / item_files / mcfg / mcfg_autoselect_by_uim -s 1 "

Step 5: Download https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Unr8reL3_nLJK9hBs85huXdV_HBXKjaf/view?usp=sharing file and open it in the previous efs folder.

Step 6: We write this in the " EfsTools.exe uploadDirectory -i mcfg_sw.mbn -o / -v " directory and press enter.

Also for the 2nd sim

write " EfsTools.exe uploadDirectory -i mcfg_sw.mbn -o / -s 1 ".

voila. go to the phone to recovery, make wipe cache and reboot. Wait a while when it is fully open, the volte text will appears, if not, try the same steps with another usb port, i do it on first try.
i have no root, no bootloader open.

rahatbek

Sep 13, 2008
so guys,

is this the method that works for non-rooted oneplus 5 phones? or is there another method that is less dangerous than touching the EFS partition?

i did this, no problem with efs. another method didn't work for me on non rooted 10.0.0.
your choice.

Last edited:

Pho3nX

Jun 13, 2013
so guys,

Old method with PDC don't work anymore on Android 10 (PDC error reading), the only way is to change the MBN file with EFSTools ;)
In the same time, root is easy on OnePlus, i advise to you root and Backup your Modem + EFS on TWRP before touch your original settings.

Martix81

Jul 23, 2020
Hi,installing the logkit in OP6,and activate VoWifi and Volte in advance connections,but still not able to use It with Movistar in Spain. Any advice? Thanks!

venioni

Sep 6, 2015
Can someone tell me how can extract the mcfg_sw.mbn firmware from OnePlus Rom ? I've tried with some unpack tool but when I going to firmware_mnt is empty the file.

Στάλθηκε από το ONEPLUS A5000 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Pho3nX

Jun 13, 2013
Can someone tell me how can extract the mcfg_sw.mbn firmware from OnePlus Rom ? I've tried with some unpack tool but when I going to firmware_mnt is empty the file.

All MBN files have been posted in an archive a few post before (Oneplus 5). MBN files are located (extracted) on the Vendor partition, so you must using an explorer and be rooted if you want absolutely take your own (but same) MBN files.

I advise to using this MBN : eu/vodafone/volte/netherla/mcfg_sw.mbn

Last edited:

venioni

Sep 6, 2015
All MBN files have been posted in an archive a few post before (Oneplus 5). MBN files are located (extracted) on the Vendor partition, so you must using an explorer and be rooted if you want absolutely take your own (but same) MBN files.

I advise to using this MBN : eu/vodafone/volte/netherla/mcfg_sw.mbn
Thanks for the response, but i already found yhe firmware on the zip file of the rom and located on the firmware-update /NON-HLOS.bin. I open the NON-HLOS.bin with 7.zip and go to image /modem_pr/mcfg/configs/mcfg_sw/generic/ and i chose the correct one for me which is the eu/telefoni/commerci/uk/mcfg_sw.mbn. In other word you don't need to be rooted to take this files you need only to take it from a rom with the way i told you. I do this because the mcfg_sw.mbn is deferred from first Android 10 stable and the second Android 10 Hotfix.

asasanc

Jun 1, 2010
Toronto
Anyone with OP5 and OP5T that is with Freedom Mobile can you please follow these steps and report if it is working for you.
I have people confirming that it works on 6, 6T (works for me), 7 (all models) , 8 (all models).
I want to see if it works for 5, and 5T

I made steps by step for Freedom mobile users
https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/freedom-mobile-volte-and-vowifi-calling-working.1284987/

Hi @astracd,
I tried on OnePlus 5 (Freedom Mobile), PDC did not work as its on Android 10.
I then tried only with EFS process and it did not work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey!
    I have found a way to activate VoLTE and VoWiFi for OnePlus 3/3T, 5/5T, 6 and 6T!

Please follow this Guide to Activate it to your Phone!

Link for english user:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-5t/how-to/guide-volte-vowifi-german-carriers-t3817542

Link for German user: https://android-freaks.de/forum/thr...neplus-8-und-8-pro-freischalten-die-nicht-of/

This is more for advanced users!

Greetings,
    jamal2367
    /* Disclaimer */
    This is at your own risk.

I am not responsible for broken phones, lost IMEI numbers, damaged EFS partition, whatever.

First make a backup of the EFS partition via TWRP or ADB, and back it up to a safe place on your computer!

WARNING: The EFS partition contains unique data for your device that is necessary for the phone function of your device. If you lose them, no one can help you out. So make a backup. If something goes wrong, you can restore the backup and you will be back to its original state.

2. you go to your computer and install both.
    Qualcomm QPST Diag x64 driver

QPST_2.7.420

Now connect your mobile phone to your computer via a "USB cable".

4. opens the phone app and enter this code *#801#.

Now a new menu appears and switches "Serial" and "Full-port switch" on.

Now you start the program: "QPST Software Download" and connect it to your device.

Go to the "MCFG_PDC" tab at the top and select your device under "Device:".

Right-click on "Oversea-Commercial_DS" and select "Sub0" and "Sub1" under "Deactivate".

Now click on "Oversea-Commercial_DS" again and click on "Remove" on the right.

Now restart the program and go to the tab "MCFG_PDC" and under "Device:" select your device again.

Now select "Telefonica_UK_Commercial", right click and select "SetSelectedConfig" "Sub0" and "Sub1".

12. click on "Telefonica_UK_Commercial" then right click on "Activate" and then on "Start" below

13. after you have done everything, restart the device!

After a successful restart, the "VoLTE or VoWiFi logo" should appear in the expanded status bar.

No wonder why you dial "Telefonica_UK_Commercial", works great in Germany with all providers!

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator
    I need mirror links for the zip files at the original post. This Jamal website doesn't work. Can anyone help?

Here are the updated links for the two files from the German forum, so that others don't have to go through the process of registering just to see them
    https://jamal2367.org/VoLTE-VoWiFi/QUD.WIN.1.1 Installer-10037.3 Setup.zip
    https://jamal2367.org/VoLTE-VoWiFi/QPST_2.7.474.zip
    Ok c'est bon pour moi, j'ai appelé Bouygues Telecom au 614 en leur demandant d'activer la VoLTE sur ma ligne et c'est ok, j'ai reçu un SMS de confirmation et 30secondes plus tard le logo VoLTE.

Merci beaucoup ! J'ai appelé le 614 et pareil ils me l'ont activé, j'avais essayé une première fois par chat textuel et ils m'avaient répondu que toutes les lignes Bouygues ont le VoLTE d'activé par défaut... Du coup ça marche parfaitement merci beaucoup de ton retour :). J'ai utilisé Commercial-TMO parce qu'avec Vodafone India j'avais pas la 4G
    @jamal2367 Thanks a lot !! VoLTE working flawlessly unfortunately VoWifi doesn't work but that's all good for me.

Phone : OnePlus 5T
    ROM : OOS 5.1.4
    Root : Magisk V16 + VoEnabler1.2
    Carrier : B&YOU by Bouygues Telecom
    Profile selected in PDC : Commercial-TMO

VoLTE :good:
    VoWifi :crying:
    Hi Guys,

I managed to get Volte working on my OP5 using this guide: https://forum.xda-developers.com/rog-phone-2/how-to/guide-enabling-volte-vowifi-v2-t4028073

*Make sure you backup your EFS partition before starting !
    *I used CMD(run as Administrator) to execute the commands (PowerShell was causing issues)

Start from Step 2, and activate the Serial and Full-port switch from *#801#, then move on like in the guide.
    Phone was connected through USB, and QPST must recognize the phone like the below:

Capture.PNG

You can activate the Volte and VoWifi options using this Magisk module https://github.com/edgd1er/voenabler/releases, or any echivalent (module, app, prop).

For MBN's just copy one that's already included in the stock OOS and it used to work for you in PDC:

/vendor/firmware_mnt/image/modem_pr/mcfg/configs/mcfg_sw/generic
    Code:
    mcfg_sw/generic/apac/airtel/volte/mcfg_sw.mbn
    mcfg_sw/generic/apac/idea/commerci/mcfg_sw.mbn
    mcfg_sw/generic/apac/reliance/commerci/mcfg_sw.mbn
    mcfg_sw/generic/apac/vodafone/volte/india/mcfg_sw.mbn
    mcfg_sw/generic/china/cmcc/commerci/volte_op/mcfg_sw.mbn
    mcfg_sw/generic/china/cmcc/lab/conf_vol/mcfg_sw.mbn
    mcfg_sw/generic/china/cmcc/lab/nsiot_vo/mcfg_sw.mbn
    mcfg_sw/generic/china/cmcc/lab/tgl_comb/mcfg_sw.mbn
    mcfg_sw/generic/china/ct/commerci/openmkt/mcfg_sw.mbn
    mcfg_sw/generic/china/ct/lab/cta/mcfg_sw.mbn