[VoLTE/VoWiFi][OP5/5T] for almost all carrier!

Search This thread

astracd

Jul 6, 2014
OnePlus 2
OnePlus 3
@astracd Yes used *#801# and enabled Full Port switch to ON.
I saw other forum posts that OnePlus has disabled access to PDC for OnePlus 5 on Android 10. So that might also be the case for not being able to use PDC.

They disable it for everyone that is why we install the engineer mode app to enable it. And the logkit to be able to turn on volte and wifi calling.

EDIT: I guess they did do something "extra" on OP5 devices. Only way you could do it to try to make it to TMO on android 9 with all other steps and save the EFS in twrp and then restore it when you are back on android 10.

Last edited:

Mahoro.san

Dec 17, 2011
They disable it for everyone that is why we install the engineer mode app to enable it. And the logkit to be able to turn on volte and wifi calling.

EDIT: I guess they did do something "extra" on OP5 devices. Only way you could do it to try to make it to TMO on android 9 with all other steps and save the EFS in twrp and then restore it when you are back on android 10.

That's what I did and the company was crashing after seconds loaded into the phone start screen. I have restored the android 9's EFS and modem.
anyone else got this working?

wtx1033

Jun 20, 2013
Mordor
EfsTools

my phone is non-rooted. with this EfsTools method there is risk of messing up the EFS partition (which holds the IMEI and other important identifiers)

how can i back up EFS w/o root?

venioni

Sep 6, 2015
my phone is non-rooted. with this EfsTools method there is risk of messing up the EFS partition (which holds the IMEI and other important identifiers)

how can i back up EFS w/o root?
no problem

Στάλθηκε από το ONEPLUS A5000 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

wtx1033

Jun 20, 2013
Mordor
i activated volte/vowifi according to this method.

have a peculiar issue:

my carrier is vodafone-tr. whenever i call someone (they also got volte enabled) an "HD" sign appears on my screen. but that is only limited to vodafone clients. i know some of my friends have volte enabled but on another carrier...that HD sign does not appear and tbh the sound quality is not good with them.

so i am limited to volte/vowifi level call quality within my carrier client group.

ps: this was not the case with android 9

Last edited:

jkim204

Apr 11, 2014
Still can't find any info on whether this can be done while you're already on a custom ROM(specifically LOS17.1 Android 10). Can anyone confirm if you fix efs on oos then back up modem+efs and reflash w custom ROM is a viable option?

Would really appreciate it if there's a way to not revert to oos..

JazonX

Dec 16, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Did anyone figure out what causes the "Option -s is unknown error" ?

errorsim2.png

js-xda

Aug 20, 2018
Still can't find any info on whether this can be done while you're already on a custom ROM(specifically LOS17.1 Android 10). Can anyone confirm if you fix efs on oos then back up modem+efs and reflash w custom ROM is a viable option?

Would really appreciate it if there's a way to not revert to oos..

Would be also quite curious about a solution without having to go back to OOS. Any news in the meantime?

mavicanuck

Nov 24, 2021
Anyone with OP5 and OP5T that is with Freedom Mobile can you please follow these steps and report if it is working for you.
I have people confirming that it works on 6, 6T (works for me), 7 (all models) , 8 (all models).
I want to see if it works for 5, and 5T

I made steps by step for Freedom mobile users
https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/freedom-mobile-volte-and-vowifi-calling-working.1284987/
Hi, I'm ready to try on a 5t with Freedom, but I can't find the pixel 2 mbn files. Does anyone have those?

astracd

Jul 6, 2014
OnePlus 2
OnePlus 3
Hi, I'm ready to try on a 5t with Freedom, but I can't find the pixel 2 mbn files. Does anyone have those?

Check this post

pranavateja99

Jul 12, 2012
Check this post

It worked for my OnePlus 5 @ Reliance Jio. I don't know how I done this without backing up important stuff. Day before i got error frm another similar guide. But in this Qualcomm driver made it work. I just replaced that mbn in efstools dir and executed those commands. I didn't expect those to be doing something with my modem till I got so many lines of code being executed. Good thing is it( pixel 2) stuff worked and now I get stable Vowifi and volte. Previously I just enabled those in toolkit,bcz of that it was so unstable and unrelable. Now with this even batterty life was improved,b4 of previously low signal reception.

I don't think 5/5T have any difference other than FP sensor and On screen navigation. Once check before going ahead. U can find cricket mbn for pixel 2 @ below thread.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey!
    I have found a way to activate VoLTE and VoWiFi for OnePlus 3/3T, 5/5T, 6 and 6T!

Please follow this Guide to Activate it to your Phone!

Link for english user:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-5t/how-to/guide-volte-vowifi-german-carriers-t3817542

Link for German user: https://android-freaks.de/forum/thr...neplus-8-und-8-pro-freischalten-die-nicht-of/

This is more for advanced users!

Greetings,
    jamal2367
    /* Disclaimer */
    This is at your own risk.

I am not responsible for broken phones, lost IMEI numbers, damaged EFS partition, whatever.

First make a backup of the EFS partition via TWRP or ADB, and back it up to a safe place on your computer!

WARNING: The EFS partition contains unique data for your device that is necessary for the phone function of your device. If you lose them, no one can help you out. So make a backup. If something goes wrong, you can restore the backup and you will be back to its original state.

2. you go to your computer and install both.
    Qualcomm QPST Diag x64 driver

QPST_2.7.420

Now connect your mobile phone to your computer via a "USB cable".

4. opens the phone app and enter this code *#801#.

Now a new menu appears and switches "Serial" and "Full-port switch" on.

Now you start the program: "QPST Software Download" and connect it to your device.

Go to the "MCFG_PDC" tab at the top and select your device under "Device:".

Right-click on "Oversea-Commercial_DS" and select "Sub0" and "Sub1" under "Deactivate".

Now click on "Oversea-Commercial_DS" again and click on "Remove" on the right.

Now restart the program and go to the tab "MCFG_PDC" and under "Device:" select your device again.

Now select "Telefonica_UK_Commercial", right click and select "SetSelectedConfig" "Sub0" and "Sub1".

12. click on "Telefonica_UK_Commercial" then right click on "Activate" and then on "Start" below

13. after you have done everything, restart the device!

After a successful restart, the "VoLTE or VoWiFi logo" should appear in the expanded status bar.

No wonder why you dial "Telefonica_UK_Commercial", works great in Germany with all providers!

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator
    I need mirror links for the zip files at the original post. This Jamal website doesn't work. Can anyone help?

Here are the updated links for the two files from the German forum, so that others don't have to go through the process of registering just to see them
    https://jamal2367.org/VoLTE-VoWiFi/QUD.WIN.1.1 Installer-10037.3 Setup.zip
    https://jamal2367.org/VoLTE-VoWiFi/QPST_2.7.474.zip
    Ok c'est bon pour moi, j'ai appelé Bouygues Telecom au 614 en leur demandant d'activer la VoLTE sur ma ligne et c'est ok, j'ai reçu un SMS de confirmation et 30secondes plus tard le logo VoLTE.

Merci beaucoup ! J'ai appelé le 614 et pareil ils me l'ont activé, j'avais essayé une première fois par chat textuel et ils m'avaient répondu que toutes les lignes Bouygues ont le VoLTE d'activé par défaut... Du coup ça marche parfaitement merci beaucoup de ton retour :). J'ai utilisé Commercial-TMO parce qu'avec Vodafone India j'avais pas la 4G
    @jamal2367 Thanks a lot !! VoLTE working flawlessly unfortunately VoWifi doesn't work but that's all good for me.

Phone : OnePlus 5T
    ROM : OOS 5.1.4
    Root : Magisk V16 + VoEnabler1.2
    Carrier : B&YOU by Bouygues Telecom
    Profile selected in PDC : Commercial-TMO

VoLTE :good:
    VoWifi :crying:
    Hi Guys,

I managed to get Volte working on my OP5 using this guide: https://forum.xda-developers.com/rog-phone-2/how-to/guide-enabling-volte-vowifi-v2-t4028073

*Make sure you backup your EFS partition before starting !
    *I used CMD(run as Administrator) to execute the commands (PowerShell was causing issues)

Start from Step 2, and activate the Serial and Full-port switch from *#801#, then move on like in the guide.
    Phone was connected through USB, and QPST must recognize the phone like the below:

Capture.PNG

You can activate the Volte and VoWifi options using this Magisk module https://github.com/edgd1er/voenabler/releases, or any echivalent (module, app, prop).

For MBN's just copy one that's already included in the stock OOS and it used to work for you in PDC:

/vendor/firmware_mnt/image/modem_pr/mcfg/configs/mcfg_sw/generic
    Code:
    mcfg_sw/generic/apac/airtel/volte/mcfg_sw.mbn
    mcfg_sw/generic/apac/idea/commerci/mcfg_sw.mbn
    mcfg_sw/generic/apac/reliance/commerci/mcfg_sw.mbn
    mcfg_sw/generic/apac/vodafone/volte/india/mcfg_sw.mbn
    mcfg_sw/generic/china/cmcc/commerci/volte_op/mcfg_sw.mbn
    mcfg_sw/generic/china/cmcc/lab/conf_vol/mcfg_sw.mbn
    mcfg_sw/generic/china/cmcc/lab/nsiot_vo/mcfg_sw.mbn
    mcfg_sw/generic/china/cmcc/lab/tgl_comb/mcfg_sw.mbn
    mcfg_sw/generic/china/ct/commerci/openmkt/mcfg_sw.mbn
    mcfg_sw/generic/china/ct/lab/cta/mcfg_sw.mbn