[VoLTE/VoWiFi][OP5/5T] for almost all carrier!

Dave_247

Oct 30, 2012
Melbourne

Dingo_HR

Nov 14, 2007
Zagreb
Anyone tried for Croatia A1 network?

O am rooted, should I try Option 1 or 2.
What if OnePlus finally release working update on future OTA, could it brick something?

astracd

Jul 6, 2014
Anyone tried for Croatia A1 network?

O am rooted, should I try Option 1 or 2.
What if OnePlus finally release working update on future OTA, could it brick something?
Greetings to Croatia.. :)

Make sure to make backup of EFS that is most important part. Then even something goes wrong, you can always go back.

Steps
1)To be safe, make a backup via TRWP of your EFS partition BEFORE you flash anything!

2) Download and install:
https://jamal2367.com/VoLTE-VoWiFi/Q....3 Setup.zip
https://jamal2367.com/VoLTE-VoWiFi/QPST_2.7.460.zip
Just use the standard settings and click on OK, next, ...

Not sure if these are working links, if not you will need to search for new links.

3) Connect your phone to your laptop via USB

4) open dialer app and enter *#801#
Set Serial and Full-port switch to ON

5) Open "PDC" in your QPST start menu folder, best to do by right click & "run as administrator"
Select your device, right click on "Oversea-Commercial_DS" and deactivate Sub0 and Sub1
Click on Oversea-Commercial_DS again and click on remove

6) Close the app and reopen it

7)
Select India-VoLTE-Vodafone or Telefonica_UK_Commercial, right click and SetSelectedConfig for both Sub0 and Sub1

8)
Click on the profile from step 7 again and click on Activate
Yes, select UK/India even if you are located in another region (see above for comfirmed locations + carriers)

9) Restart your phone

10) Voila, you now have working VoLTE + VoWiFi

If it doesn't work go to next one. And repeat until you find the working one. I did notice that on some I have better speed than others, so you can do speed test as well for each of profiles.
Also check with your operator if your sim card is latest one, and have your number activated for volte, wificalling

Reactions: Dingo_HR

Dingo_HR

Nov 14, 2007
Zagreb
Greetings to Croatia.. :)

Make sure to make backup of EFS that is most important part. Then even something goes wrong, you can always go back.

Steps
1)To be safe, make a backup via TRWP of your EFS partition BEFORE you flash anything!

2) Download and install:
https://jamal2367.com/VoLTE-VoWiFi/Q....3 Setup.zip
https://jamal2367.com/VoLTE-VoWiFi/QPST_2.7.460.zip
Just use the standard settings and click on OK, next, ...

Not sure if these are working links, if not you will need to search for new links.

3) Connect your phone to your laptop via USB

4) open dialer app and enter *#801#
Set Serial and Full-port switch to ON

5) Open "PDC" in your QPST start menu folder, best to do by right click & "run as administrator"
Select your device, right click on "Oversea-Commercial_DS" and deactivate Sub0 and Sub1
Click on Oversea-Commercial_DS again and click on remove

6) Close the app and reopen it

7)
Select India-VoLTE-Vodafone or Telefonica_UK_Commercial, right click and SetSelectedConfig for both Sub0 and Sub1

8)
Click on the profile from step 7 again and click on Activate
Yes, select UK/India even if you are located in another region (see above for comfirmed locations + carriers)

9) Restart your phone

10) Voila, you now have working VoLTE + VoWiFi

If it doesn't work go to next one. And repeat until you find the working one. I did notice that on some I have better speed than others, so you can do speed test as well for each of profiles.
Also check with your operator if your sim card is latest one, and have your number activated for volte, wificalling
Thank you

I already backed up my EFS, but I will first try just with VoLTE enabler Magisk module.
Got answer that it should be enough to.
Will check tomorrow as I am not in 4G coverage area at home.

Dingo_HR

Nov 14, 2007
Zagreb
OP5 9.0.1
CROATIA A1 network
VoLTE - working
VoWiFi - not enabled by A1
When I catch opportunity I will check T-Mobile SIm as they enabled VoWiFi.
Tele2 Croatia still no VoLTE support

Used India-Vodatel in process

Last edited:
Reactions: astracd

thomas999

Nov 18, 2013
w/o root--> open the dialer: *#800# --> oneplus Logkit --> Function Switch --> enable VoLTE + VoWifi switch

So this is a requirement, but I could not find the VoLTE + VoWifi switch in my OnePlus 3T (only dump switch, CPU and Thermal Log, Red screen assertion and Audio).
I'm using Oxygen OS 4.0.2, a very early version and without root.
I cannot use a later version. Is this the reason why?

dwardo

Jan 15, 2011
France
I successfully followed method 2 from

And it worked for my 6t... Until i updated to latest 6t oos version today which has undone the 40min job (I wasn't expecting that)...

Am i correct that EFS explorer modifies the efs partition which is /dev/block/sdf1 ? (sdf2 and sdf3 being mod3mst1 and modemst2)

So dumping than with dd to efs.bin after redoing the method 2 modification I could then after the next update just fastboot flash efs efs.bin it back (20s vs 40min) ?

Thanks for your pointers.

Dave_247

Oct 30, 2012
Melbourne
Has anyone in the US gotten this to work - especially VoWiFi - on the AT&T network?

I've read over at the OnePlus community site that AT&T disables BYO phones for VoLTE and VoWiFi, that only phones they sell can take advantage of this.
There seems to already be a profile on the phone that's labeled "VoLTE-ATT". Have you tried activating sub0 and sub1 for that instead to see if it works?

Reactions: Wisiwyg