Volume control app

Search This thread

slikv

Sep 30, 2012
I'm looking for a volume control app that put a volume control right next to the battery and WiFi display on the top of the screen. All the volume control app I have tried put the volume control on the main screen. Let me know if other is a app the put the volume control next to the battery display

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

mariolouis

Jan 10, 2005
Manila
I think he meant the volume buttons on some cheap tablets that is integrated in the status bar. A plus (+) and a minus (-) button beside the clock and all.. It is not an app but is included in some chinese roms.

Beards

Nov 3, 2008
I'm looking for a volume control app that put a volume control right next to the battery and WiFi display on the top of the screen. All the volume control app I have tried put the volume control on the main screen. Let me know if other is a app the put the volume control next to the battery display

There are two ways you can achieve this:-
Option 1 ~ Download a Volume Control app (Volume Ace for eg) and place it as a folder with other icons in your Docked icons (what I mean here is drop more than one icon in the same place as one of your Docked icons to create a docked folder icon.

Option 2 ~ Download Elixer2 and create a Notification icon whereby every time you pull down the notification window you will then see a volume icon displayed. Simply tap this and it releases a pop-up window where you can control all 6 aspects of volume on your Nexus 7.

Reactions: PaulVulcan

bharadwajex

Feb 18, 2011
I think they are just scared it might wear off, just like what happen to my lg optimus one.

Jeffu

Nov 21, 2010
Someone told me a while ago about a button on the right hand side of the nexus.
Pressing up turns the volume up, and down turns it down.
I never would have spotted it if I hadn't have been told.
I've been using it loads since.
If you are using landscape mode most of the time (I am), it becomes annoying to try and reach. I do use a case though, so the buttons are harder to push.

Beards

Nov 3, 2008
Another option I use is 'Control Panel for Android'.
It gives you immediate control over a number of items including all the different Volume Levels.
To control the Volume level for say Ringer simply slide down the notification panel and tap on the Volume icon. It will then bring up a transparent showing all 6 different volume levels. Pick the Ringer and slide the volume down to the required level.

It truly is a great app. You can control a number of different things all by one touch ~ Wifi, Bluetooth, Sound, Vibrate, Auto Rotation, Mobile Data, Airplane Mode, Sound Effects, Haptic Feedback, Dial Tone, Auto-Time, Ringtone, Volume, Ring-Mode, Brightness, Screen Timeout, Screen Stay On and the main Control Panel

Reactions: PaulVulcan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Someone told me a while ago about a button on the right hand side of the nexus.
    Pressing up turns the volume up, and down turns it down.
    I never would have spotted it if I hadn't have been told.
    I've been using it loads since.

There are two ways you can achieve this:-
    Option 1 ~ Download a Volume Control app (Volume Ace for eg) and place it as a folder with other icons in your Docked icons (what I mean here is drop more than one icon in the same place as one of your Docked icons to create a docked folder icon.

Option 2 ~ Download Elixer2 and create a Notification icon whereby every time you pull down the notification window you will then see a volume icon displayed. Simply tap this and it releases a pop-up window where you can control all 6 aspects of volume on your Nexus 7.
    Another option I use is 'Control Panel for Android'.
    It gives you immediate control over a number of items including all the different Volume Levels.
    To control the Volume level for say Ringer simply slide down the notification panel and tap on the Volume icon. It will then bring up a transparent showing all 6 different volume levels. Pick the Ringer and slide the volume down to the required level.

It truly is a great app. You can control a number of different things all by one touch ~ Wifi, Bluetooth, Sound, Vibrate, Auto Rotation, Mobile Data, Airplane Mode, Sound Effects, Haptic Feedback, Dial Tone, Auto-Time, Ringtone, Volume, Ring-Mode, Brightness, Screen Timeout, Screen Stay On and the main Control Panel
    I should of added in my post Control Panel for Android is also mentioned by the author here in xda-devs.
    Worth looking at the comments as well.