Volume rocker button mushy?

Search This thread

Alitheia

Dec 26, 2010
Mine seem to be crisp. It does make a clicking sound if that's what you're asking. I can feel a little "give" when it springs back.

Flash619

Aug 4, 2012
wonder if a bunch are sloppily put together or if it's lousy by design.

Were you able to solve this? The volume up button on the volume rocker is mushy on mine. I can feel it barely, push down if I look for it, but it goes so far down that its flush on that side, with the plastic back plate.

Would this be a legitimate reason to ask for a replacement via warrenty? Or is this too common for that. :confused:

I may wait and see if it gets worst. If anything it just makes volume up harder to bump by accident. But I find it annoying just the same. >_>

Last edited:

DroidOWL

Aug 9, 2012
www.droidowl.com
in my tablet the volume rocker sometimes works fine but most of the times its mushy

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

Magick72

Jun 1, 2008
Jacksonville
Were you able to solve this? The volume up button on the volume rocker is mushy on mine. I can feel it barely, push down if I look for it, but it goes so far down that its flush on that side, with the plastic back plate.

Would this be a legitimate reason to ask for a replacement via warrenty? Or is this too common for that. :confused:

I may wait and see if it gets worst. If anything it just makes volume up harder to bump by accident. But I find it annoying just the same. >_>

Mine is exactly the same way. I got mine from a local best buy. Seems the solution is "deal with it"

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

paddycr

Jan 25, 2012
OnePlus 8T
My volume button is okay but the power button is definitely mushy. I am on the fence as to what to do about it. Although it is not a big deal at present I am worried that it could be a sign of problems in the future. If my power button were to stop working in say 3 months time and I tried to RMA it I think there would be a good chance that ASUS would say that it is 'customer induced damage'. Other than that my Infinity is perfect - I am not sure whether this would be a crazy thing to return it for :confused:

Reactions: Thats OK

pileot

Oct 16, 2010
I see this as potentially problematic. Does anyone have a teardown of this thing? I'd be interested in if this is an easy fix or should i return it and try another one (still within my 14 day return window)

silverball.slayer

Jun 28, 2011
The volume buttons on my TF700 absolutely suck and are difficult to use. I have to press hard just to get them to respond. The power button is fine however.
I think over time the volume buttons would just stop working altogether at this rate...

Rob

timrock

Dec 10, 2010
I dont really use my volume rockers. I use an app called Audio Manager Pro which has widgets to set the volume for specific sounds. All up, silent, just for movies, just for music, etc. You can set up a widget for anything you want. If you want to watch a movie, and dont want to hear the alert notifications, you can set up preset for that as well. Its a great app and usually one of the first apps i install when i set up my devices.
6c296848-71d0-cbdd.jpg

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Thats OK

Jul 29, 2012
The little buttons are kind of useless.
That volume rocker is difficult to operate for this user.
I can never figure out whats up and whats down.
Mobiletechreview kind of raved about the volume rocker being better.
I wish it was on the right upper side in landscape with the Asus logo on the bottom.
Also I wish the power button was on the left upper side in landscape (Asus logo and port on bottom)

These buttons being on the top edge IMO is the worst spot for them.
...and again that 40 pin keyboard dock port provided with no micro USB alternative
is a total pain in the ass...

Mobiletechreview kind of raved about the volume rocker being better..

I think they pushed out a bad batch of tabs with defective rockers. They don't have these in our town locally anywhere, so I can't check another unit, but the replacement I got from amazon was just as bad as the previous one. I would love it if someone could find one that felt right to know if this is by design or a general fault.

cheyennemtn

Jun 15, 2010
Takes awhile getting use to as I have big hands. They should of had two separate buttons for volume IMO - Mushy-YES !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My volume button is okay but the power button is definitely mushy. I am on the fence as to what to do about it. Although it is not a big deal at present I am worried that it could be a sign of problems in the future. If my power button were to stop working in say 3 months time and I tried to RMA it I think there would be a good chance that ASUS would say that it is 'customer induced damage'. Other than that my Infinity is perfect - I am not sure whether this would be a crazy thing to return it for :confused:
    I see this as potentially problematic. Does anyone have a teardown of this thing? I'd be interested in if this is an easy fix or should i return it and try another one (still within my 14 day return window)
    I dont really use my volume rockers. I use an app called Audio Manager Pro which has widgets to set the volume for specific sounds. All up, silent, just for movies, just for music, etc. You can set up a widget for anything you want. If you want to watch a movie, and dont want to hear the alert notifications, you can set up preset for that as well. Its a great app and usually one of the first apps i install when i set up my devices.
    6c296848-71d0-cbdd.jpg

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2