[VOLVO SCT] Volvo Sensus Connected Touch (car - navi - audio)

kamel6k

Oct 5, 2014
Hi all,

How feasible would be to use a generic USB dongle with Carplay for Android?

They operate through a USB connection and an Android app. What i haven't manage to find is a dongle with an app for a previous version of android than 4.0.

Am i beeing naive thinking that the app itself is the bigest chalenge, or is there a impossibility through the USB connection?

Thank you all for all the work putted in to this old platform.

incogn1to

Nov 5, 2017
Rīga
Hi, I'm wondering if this fixes the issue that Waze will reset (losing all account information) if you don't shut down the app before turning off the car's engine.
For this, you need to close it using intent. You can do it with tasker or other app. Just send intent when Android is going to shutdown.
Code:
In Tasker:
Send intent:
Action: Eliran_Close_Intent
Cat: Default
Target: Broadcast Receiver

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

Hi all,

How feasible would be to use a generic USB dongle with Carplay for Android?

They operate through a USB connection and an Android app. What i haven't manage to find is a dongle with an app for a previous version of android than 4.0.

Am i beeing naive thinking that the app itself is the bigest chalenge, or is there a impossibility through the USB connection?

Thank you all for all the work putted in to this old platform.
App is the biggest challenge. Technically you don't need a dongle. There is open source project, which can convert SCT to Android Auto unit without any extra hardware.
https://github.com/viktorgino/headunit-desktop
The biggest question is how to port it to old Android version we have.

nfshp253

May 14, 2015
For this, you need to close it using intent. You can do it with tasker or other app. Just send intent when Android is going to shutdown.
Code:
In Tasker:
Send intent:
Action: Eliran_Close_Intent
Cat: Default
Target: Broadcast Receiver
Thanks, so for the context should I use Event-->System-->Device Shutdown?

berquer

Oct 22, 2009
Does anybody know how I can enter recovery mode? My SCT displays Volvo logo and don't skip this step. If I wait enough time it resets again and again. Before this situation I suddenly stops my engine during factory reset process. After that it don't open again. Volvo service offers me replace all unit. I know this problem solved with new firmware installation. I tried rubbing solution for enter recovery mode but it did not work. Can anybody help me?

maurus09volvo

Mar 8, 2020
necesito el firmware de volvo sct

Hi,
I Have the same problem here, were you able to resolve it? I have been on this for days ......
tengo el mismo problema alfuien tiene el firmware del sct volvo v40 2014. ya no se puede descargar de parrot

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

does anybody know how i can enter recovery mode? My sct displays volvo logo and don't skip this step. If i wait enough time it resets again and again. Before this situation i suddenly stops my engine during factory reset process. After that it don't open again. Volvo service offers me replace all unit. I know this problem solved with new firmware installation. I tried rubbing solution for enter recovery mode but it did not work. Can anybody help me?
tengo el mismo problema se quedo trabado mi sensus connected touch. .... Se queda en la pantalla de volvo y reinicia. Como puedo destrabarlo pudiste arregarlo alguien tiene el firmware ooooo algun truco para sacralo de ahi

incogn1to

Nov 5, 2017
Rīga
I've created a simple replacement for default ACU launcher.
Weather data is obtained from OpenWeatherAPI using current coordinates.
Weather gets updated every 10 minutes (or every 5 km).
Main idea is to control unit from steering wheel.
If you scroll joystick up - you will see list of currently running applications.
If you scroll it down - you will see list of all installed applications.
When you switch tracks - toast message with track name appears
Photo of results is attached. Sources can be found here:
https://bitbucket.org/incogn1to/bcu/src/master/
Latest version can be found here:
https://bitbucket.org/incogn1to/bcu/downloads/

Attachments

Last edited:

kangoogr

Mar 16, 2010
Hello all,
owner here of a sensus connected touch unpatched on a Volvo fully workable. I am thinking to proceed with patching it. Does is still worth doing it? Will i be able to tweak it to a better and workable set of application like whether etc? What do you think now that we are in 2020? Shall i do it? What to do after initial run of patching? Will the controls of wheel still be functioning?

-Fade-

Jul 10, 2020
You seem to be an expert on Sensus Connected Touch.
Could you help me tweak mine with your expert knowledge?
I will patch it the next days and i would like to have a working weather.

Just patched (rooted) my SCT, the steps in the first post on how to root worked fine for me.
The weather is working after installing the bcu.apk that incogn1to has supplied, in my V60 the lettertype seems to be a bit bolder than the original ACU but its fine by me.

This weekend I'll try the Waze app. the google maps seems to be working as well but its quite old... compared to the recent versions on the phones.
I'm really hoping the port for android auto is possible that would make this system just great!
Are there any updates on that side incogn1to?

dms120

Jul 16, 2020
Can't download from Parrot

Hi, i tried to download Parrot software from parrot website but i does not seems to be working.

Anyone can? If so, can you share the files?