Vorke V1: Intel Braswell J3160 4/64G SSD Win10 MINI PC

Search This thread

o-I-c

Sep 6, 2013
Around Town
Something a little more useful if your into Intel Boxes:
Handy with the VGA connector for the older monitor but a DP may have been ideal

4ztedt.jpg

SoC – Intel Celeron J3160 quad core processor @ 1.6/2.24 GHz with Intel HD 400 graphics GPU @ 320/700MHz – 6W TDP
System Memory – 4GB DDR3L upgradeable to 8GB,
Storage – 64GB internal storage + 2.5″ SATA drive support + micro SD slot
Video Output – HDMI 1.4b and VGA
Audio Output – HDMI and 3.5mm headphone jack; ALC269 audio codec
Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n/ac WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0
USB – 2x USB 2.0 ports, 2x USB 3.0 ports
Misc – Power button & LED, IR receiver.
Power Supply – 19V/2.1A
Dimensions – 153.4 x 153.4 x 38mm
Weight – 390 grams
25gxow6.jpg

egs2g3.jpg

3166n0p.jpg

nv2ikl.jpg

1692k9l.jpg

Can be found with a $40.00 off Coupon VORKEV1​
Geekbuying

o-I-c

Sep 6, 2013
Around Town
update

After a bit of a fiddle this little box of trix is performing rather well.
Coupon Code VORKEV1 = $40 off still i believe

How Audible is the fan, In a dead quiet room you can hear the whir of the fan, and it is at a constant, does not appear to get louder when the CPU is under stress

The supplied unit is installed with 4GB Ram and 64GB Msata, and can be upgraded to 8GB ram and with the Msata going to just about any size I believe, also we have room to fit a HDD in the Base as required.
I have a spare SSD kicking some place once found I will install, at the present this will just be the Base unit test.

Typical Windows 10 startup add location name etc a few minutes and into windows no problems found.
Connected to Wifi 5GHZ easy, Bit of a Windows 10 update and away we go.

Basic Information all Ok, fully usable Windows 10 HOME 64bit.

2n1bddt.jpg

2zs8ho0.jpg

5kk613.jpg

ab2zhe.jpg

2a6qm11.jpg

Ethernet Connection very good from this location

o01eko.jpg

CrystalDiskMark speed of Ram and mSATA OK

izyhac.jpg

The Vorke V1 does not claim to be a Games machine so this test were run just to see how it would run under pressure

11h4guh.jpg

3343mf7.jpg

14ch5hj.jpg

ju75m9.jpg

167pf0w.jpg

A Handy Intel Unit, yes it has a fan but not that bad and for the Price and eace of use not to bad at all

I will do some video test etc, Kodi, Plex etc its Kodi is more Intel friendly and most will work some
Fun and games with the 4k stuff but we shall see

If you need a second Desktop for work,or School work Ideal
Update Ram to 8gb mSATA to 500g and install a HDD or SDD up to 1TB so good hand value box.
More to come

Last edited:

o-I-c

Sep 6, 2013
Around Town
Bit of a look insode the Vorke V1

Front connect Ports and Ram Module
kcdxzb.jpg

Mstata
34hdz0w.jpg

Msata view
vs2w00.jpg

WiFi Module
29bls7l.jpg

WiFI Antenna
2jg6vqf.jpg

Fan Mounted
4ha4hy.jpg

PCB No Heat Sink
1znwoq8.jpg

Under heatsink
k3hpz.jpg

Top Heatsink/Fan
2cpc114.jpg

under PCB showing ssd/hdd mount
359i8li.jpg

Another Spare Header
2nkhrlt.jpg

Spare Header1
selsi0.jpg

RTC
sltu2f.jpg

Power Pack
n354xe.jpg

StardustOne

Jul 1, 2009
My Vorke V1 also has arrived. Amazing little computer. It supports 2560x1440 Pixels over HDMI 1.4 what is great.

What is quite interesting though, the Intel Celeron J3160 is supporting up to 2.24 GHz in Turbo Mode (but according to the Intel specification, the CPU does not seem to offer Turbo Mode). Very strange but as long as the little computer can do better than mentioned in the specs, fine with me.

The 4GB RAM is no shabby one either, it is a PC3-12800 (800MHz) one also made in my case by A-Data Technology, same as shown in the previous posts. Vorke seem to pick quality components and this is great to know, too.

And all this for 199 USD including the Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit OS, that is quite a steal. What also impresses me is the quiet fan. There is a constant wooosh coming from the little box, nothing annoying at all not disturbing (less annoying than a notebook fan), no high pitched speed changes, nothing to worry about, simply a constantly spinning and almost quiet fan, this is much better than expected and also a very pleasant surprise.

Would I recommend the Vorke V1? Yes, absolutely, solid, low noise and good performance, perfect for home office and as a surf station, simply great. This is, by the way, also a great little computer for people on a budget. Add a screen, even an old VGA one, a mouse and a keyboard and off you go. Perfect, also for countries that could not afford high priced hardware e.g. in a class room configuration.

What I also noticed regarding the power supply, mine came with a completely different lyangel AC adapter, model LY036SPS-120300W3, rated at 12V 3A. The power supply does not get hot at all.

Last edited:

jlighty

Jan 13, 2014
Hello !
Do you manage to use the infrared receiver ? I didn't find anything under windows neither linux...
Thanks

SoundSurfer

Jun 11, 2008
Hi!

Has anyone done some Fan Mod on this? the tiny fan can get a bit loud for using it as a quite mediacenter, and for now I just opened the bottom and place the box under a big laptop cooling fan.
I was wondering if anyone already tried to put a 120mm fan on the bottom.

Last edited: