Proton isn't free, but I have liked it so far. Maybe I bought the mid-tier packageDoes Google One, Google Play Services, Google Play Store, and Google Play Protect have all of their sub-items blocked? You've also got the Google base app hidden in Magisk conceal. I simply hid everything underneath these, but it was ineffective. After concealing, I also removed the One's data and cache. There have been many persuasive arguments made that this VPN isn't all that fantastic and is, in fact, equivalent to allowing the fox in with the hens. If we must use a free VPN, shouldn't we just utilise proton VPN?
What's STRONG and non-STRONG version though? I installed this one, and it didn't give any such options.
Did you try to wipe apps data and cache ?What's STRONG and non-STRONG version though? I installed this one, and it didn't give any such options.
After installation and reboot, all 3 integrity checks are passing (device, basic, strong), but Google One VPN is still getting disabled with the same error and other denylisted apps are still detecting root.
Yes, wiped cache+data of the Google One app and re-logged in. When I went to VPN page, it does show that Pixel device comes with free Google One VPN. But when I toggle it on, it still fails after few seconds.
You're on stock or custom ROM ?Yes, wiped cache+data of the Google One app and re-logged in. When I went to VPN page, it does show that Pixel device comes with free Google One VPN. But when I toggle it on, it still fails after few seconds.
For the root detection part - I did the same wiped cache+data action for Blind app. Still detects root when I launch it.
Pixel 7 Pro, running Android 14 DP4, Magisk 26.1.
That fixed it for me too.
Same here. I cleared data for Google 1 and VPN is working again. I talked to Google 1 support team a couple weeks back and they told me that a unlocked bootloader and rooted Pixel 7 Pro wouldn't be supported for VPN. Anyway, glad to see it working again.Out of nowhere, VPN started working again (rooted, premium Google One user). Previously I had to clear data on the Google One app any time I wanted to get it working - and that was only effective temporarily.
Now it's working again every time I try it. Something must have changed server side.
It's working for me now, too. I didn't clear data, I tried a few days earlier and still wasnt working until I tried today. Didn't change a thing. This was definitely something in Google's end