VR-SecureGo (Banking App) and Magisk Hide

Search This thread

Asellus

Sep 12, 2008
Aachen
Have yow deleted the data of SecureGo?

On my phone I installed the universal safetynet fix also. Don't know whether it is needed, but it is a difference to your config

berndbb

Mar 23, 2017
Thank you very much for staying with me.
I reinstalled Magisk from TWRP this time plus applying the safetynetfix.

I put VRSecureGO plus on the DenyList after i enabled Zygisk. Then rebooted the phone..
I deinstalled and reinstalled VRSecureGo plus because the app manager didn't stop the app.
Checked that the app is still in the deny list of Zygisk.
Now I froze magisk using SD Maid.
Next I started VR Secure Go.

I redirected me again to its website saying something is jailbreaked or rooted.

For the fun of it I deinstalled magisk and VRSecureGo.
Device rebooting. Again I installed VRSecureGo plus.

And ... no website, the app is starting?

Strange that freezing Magisk won't work here.

Asellus

Sep 12, 2008
Aachen
Very strange.

Did you deinstall Magisk completely? Otherwise you might want to try to install Magisk, safetynet fix and SecureGo and configure Magisk by putting SecureGo on its deny list. Then delete the Manager app before starting SecureGo the first time

Asellus

Sep 12, 2008
Aachen
I tried it on my test phone. No issue with frozen Manager app. VR SecureGo plus starts w/o problems on Magisk v25.1

VR SecureGo plus has 2 services. Have you marked both in the deny list?

berndbb

Mar 23, 2017
Did you deinstall Magisk completely?
Yes, I chose complete uninstall in the magisk app.
VR SecureGo plus has 2 services. Have you marked both in the deny list?
Yes, both services where marked.

Strangely enough, VRSecureGo starts with no magisk installed (unrooted completely, S8 Stock Pie ROM).
On my Lineage 16 phone (S5 mini) I deinstalled Magisk too completely, but VRSecureGO still complains about a security issue. But here, the safetynetfix couldn't be applied, it stops with an error in TWRP.

Asellus

Sep 12, 2008
Aachen
Strangely enough, VRSecureGo starts with no magisk installed (unrooted completely, S8 Stock Pie ROM).
Of course it does on any stock ROM ;) At least, it should.

On my Lineage 16 phone (S5 mini) I deinstalled Magisk too completely, but VRSecureGO still complains about a security issue. But here, the safetynetfix couldn't be applied, it stops with an error in TWRP.

The safetynet fix can (must?) be installed using the Magisk Manager, like other modules.

On my test phone I have not installed the safetynet fix. On the phone YASNAC's safetynet attestation fails with the advice LOCK_BOOTLOADER. But even in this case VRSecureGo plus starts without complaining, so an unlocked bootloader seems not to be an issue.

So, what is you target phone and config for using SecureGo?

Asellus

Sep 12, 2008
Aachen
It came to my mind: LineageOS 16 is Android 9. Zygisk needs Android 11 at least. So Zygisk won't work on your S5 mini.

What you could try is to install the latest Magisk V23 release with MagiskHide, riru, riru unshare and potentially the safetynet fix for V23. Afterwards you should freeze the Manager before starting VRSecureGo plus.

daemonicvs

Mar 5, 2015
securego plus 2.9.3 works with shelter on my device. setup (dont know what is really necessary):

redmi 4x santoni
crdroid 8.5
enabled dev opts + usb debugging
magisk 25.1
enable zygisk
force deny list
added securego plus to deny list
magisk app is hidden
magisk modules: shamiko 0.5.1 (doesnt work cause force deny list), usnf 2.2.1, lsposed zygisk 1.8.3
lsposed modules (are not applied on apps listed in enforced deny list so not relevant, though): devoptshide, xprivacylua, hide my applist
afwall+ (enable multiuser support and/or dual app support in experimental options and allow this cloned app by shelter)
i also use orbot with vpn but i think its not relevant because of shelter.
microG 0.2.24.214816: safetynet test successful, "original" securego plus NOT registered at GCM
microG was cloned by shelter automatically but the cloned app is not configured and securego plus works anyway

i think that was all. in short: cloning the app with shelter after putting it onto the deny list worked in the end ^^

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Freeezing Magisk Manger (hidden or not doesn't matter) with any app like SD Maid or Ice Box before starting SecureGo is sufficient.
    No need to use profiles.

If you unfreeze Magisk Manager only if you want to use it and re-freeze it afterwards you do not need to think about it while using your phone
    Very simple:
    Configure magisk hide, hide the magisk app, freeze the hidden magisk app, start your banking app
    This!

Magisk Manager app can be hidden (repacked/renamed) to make it harder to be detected.

Freezing can be done via apps like airfrozen or via shell command "pm disable-user <PACKETNAME>"
    The hide already done

but the freezing is new to me
    i will try
    Was there another update? I rooted just yesterday and can't get SecureGO to work at all.
    I'm using Magisk 23.0 on Android 10.
    I already renamed Magisk, activated MagiskHide and used airfrozen to freeze the renamed app, but SecureGO refuses to start
    Did you solve your issue with this app? Having LOS 18.1, Magisk 23.0 with MagiskHide and freezed the app by with Airfrozen but it does not work. Neither VRSecure-GO nor DKB-Tan2GO are working anymore :(
    Yes, I did. I had to reinstall MagiskHide, something was wrong with it.