vs985 [Official] Resurrection Remix 7.1.2 Nougat v5.8.5 [11/01]

Search This thread

hoops10

Sep 11, 2012
I am currently running JazminRom 9.1. Is there any way to tell which bootstack I am currently on? I found and downloaded xdabbeb's 35b bootstack, the newest release of RR (20160217) and the BANKS Dynamic GAPPS 2-6-16. I made a nandroid backup in case anything goes wrong but what worries me most is flashing the 35b bootstack. If I do, can I still restore my nandroid backup (of JazminRom 9.1) and be right where I am now? Thanks.

Mattx28025

Mar 25, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I am currently running JazminRom 9.1. Is there any way to tell which bootstack I am currently on? I found and downloaded xdabbeb's 35b bootstack, the newest release of RR (20160217) and the BANKS Dynamic GAPPS 2-6-16. I made a nandroid backup in case anything goes wrong but what worries me most is flashing the 35b bootstack. If I do, can I still restore my nandroid backup (of JazminRom 9.1) and be right where I am now? Thanks.

You can still go back as far as I know. The 35b bootstack will show the LG splash screen with the "Powered by Android" in the new modern logo for Android. If yours boots with the old logo you don't have 35b. I went back on a lollipop rom with the 35b bootstack with no issues mind you it was still aosp based and not stock.

hoops10

Sep 11, 2012
Thanks for the reply. I looked in Settings under Software Version and it says VS98535B. Does that mean I am on the 35B bootstack or is it something totally unrelated?

Mattx28025

Mar 25, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Thanks for the reply. I looked in Settings under Software Version and it says VS98535B. Does that mean I am on the 35B bootstack or is it something totally unrelated?

VS985 is the verizon model of the g3 and 35b is their version of 5.1.1. The best way to find out is try to install the ROM. If you get an error referring to baseband then you don't have the 35b bootstack.

minhas729

Oct 26, 2014
lahore
For SIM issue.

After setting up rom.. Go to settings> mobile networks> first set the network mode to GSM only.. Sim will pop up back.. Now set ur desired mode.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

tcoursey

Jan 20, 2014
Broken Arrow
I'm back on 5.6 and things run actually pretty well for me. I haven't kept up with all the changes or enhancements or new bugs.....whats the consensus with the latest build? Good to go...?

I'm not on 35B as I backed up my current install and wanted to flash the new one. Error. So not sure if I want to jump to the new one yet or not...

Thanks for any feedback.

Jul 5, 2014
Smart Watches
Apps & Games
Can anyone report on the static when using headphones with the latest build? I really want to jump to Marshmallow!
A loophole was discovered. After booting your phone, place a 10 second call. I have been suffering with the static for weeks. I just tried this method earlier and I'm so happy to hear audio clearly. The other popular solution is to install a different kernel in addition to the rom.

Edit: Forgot to say you can't have headphones connected during the boot up and call

Sent from my LG-VS985 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

finger11

May 16, 2011
san diego
A loophole was discovered. After booting your phone, place a 10 second call. I have been suffering with the static for weeks. I just tried this method earlier and I'm so happy to hear audio clearly. The other popular solution is to install a different kernel in addition to the rom.

You haven't had a >=10 second call in weeks?

hoops10

Sep 11, 2012
Thanks Matt, up and running with the latest build and using the Black/Red theme, very nice. Question regarding getting email notifications, not gmail, just regular email. I am not receiving any notifications when I get normal emails, nothing on the bar up top. Am I missing a setting or something? Thanks.

BPHusker

Apr 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Thanks Matt, up and running with the latest build and using the Black/Red theme, very nice. Question regarding getting email notifications, not gmail, just regular email. I am not receiving any notifications when I get normal emails, nothing on the bar up top. Am I missing a setting or something? Thanks.
I'm having the same issue. The only time they appear is if I open the email app.

Nnyan

Aug 24, 2010
Sacramento
Ok I searched and I found a number of users on this thread complaining about the problem with 5 Ghz WiFi networks (fresh install, complete wipe including internal storage, while wifi band setting is on "Auto" which is the default you won't see any 5GHz wifi networks. If you switch it to 5Ghz then you can connect but then you don't see the 2.4Ghz). I've seen this issue with other CM 13 ROMs and so far only Stock based and the latest BLISSPOP don't have this issue.

grilledbacon32

Jan 2, 2012
Anyone else have issues, with freeze? I can be doing anything, it will freeze for 30+ (sometimes have to reboot) and then it will finally catch up. Cache memory is fine, have tons of internal and external memory, clean flash, and have been trying jon777 kernal.

117micc

Apr 12, 2009
Baltimore
Hey OP ,

I see that you work on a lot of different roms. I was browsing the Q&A section and someone mentions ubuntu for phones. Do you know of any Rom in development or anyone who would attempt at an ubuntu rom for us to play around with :)

Sent from my vs-985 rooted, running who knows today

minhas729

Oct 26, 2014
lahore
Hey OP ,

I see that you work on a lot of different roms. I was browsing the Q&A section and someone mentions ubuntu for phones. Do you know of any Rom in development or anyone who would attempt at an ubuntu rom for us to play around with :)

Sent from my vs-985 rooted, running who knows today
Wrong thread bro. Please ask in general Q&A thread.
If you disagree with me, wait till dev asks you this himself.

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

design_elements_landingnew.png

About Resurrection Remix ROM
    Changelog
    Installation
    Downloads and useful links
    Donations

About Resurrection Remix ROM

Resurrection Remix the ROM has been based on CM,slim.omni and original Remix ROM builds, this creates an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your Device

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Many things that in previous versions were tweaked with mods, are now included by default in the ROM so, please enjoy![/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Resurrection Remix[/font]

Special thanks to, the CM team,OMNI team ,SLIMROMS and of course to all the supporters

Included Main Features

-Statusbar clock customization + second + fonts
    -Network traffic monitor
    -Toast animations
    -Add changelog
    -Listview animations
    -LCD Density
    -Add Weather display to status bar header
    -Quick unlock
    -Overall Speed up system
    -Brand new music and audio fx app from cyanogen
    -Included all cm 12 features
    -And many more slim omni and orginal RR improvements and system ui changes running in this alpha build. So enjoy

-INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS-

- Download the latest build
    - Download Gapps
    - Take a nandroid backup
    - Recommended - Full wipe and factory reset
    - Flash ROM using latest ClockworkMod recovery
    - Flash Gapps
    - Reboot.
    - Enjoy!​

-UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS-

- Download the latest build of Resurrection Remix ROM
    - Take a nandroid backup
    - Flash ROM usingrecovery
    - Flash Gapps
    - Wipe cache
    - Wipe dalvik cache
    - Reboot
    - Enjoy!​

IMPORTANT: If you come from another ROM, have some issues or want a really clean installation then follow the 'Extended steps to install the ROM' featured on the General FAQ

Show your support to Resurrection Remix ROM

Big thanks to:

XDA developers

CM team

Omni team

Slim rom

kernel source

AND OF COURSE TO ALL THE SUPPORTERS, DONATORS AND USERS

Hey guys, sorry I have been MIA for the past month or so. Im back now and with a new build! Enjoy!
    I still have my vzw g3 ?. I'll still be updating all the ROMs that I build. This month I have been out of state and thus haven't had a computer to build on. Ill be home in a week so then I'll get a chance to update this ROM ?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Hey guys, new version is up!
    ROM v5.2.7
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone