[VS995,H990,H918,H910,US996,LS997,H915,F800K/L/S] mk2000 Kernel [STOCK]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

cnjax

Aug 4, 2011
Jacksonville, FL
Hi. How can I overclock my US996? Mk2000 (lite version) came with the custom ROM I flashed (Super Rom) but when I open Kernel Adiutor to change max frequency, it only goes up to 2150MHZ. I would like to overclock the GPU too.

And if I can overclock them, does anyone have any tested values that don't give problems?

Thanks
Search the download folders there used to be an oc version. However the dev may have removed it as I believe he stated he wasn't going to support it any longer. Perhaps read through the thread for more information

Sent from my LG-H910 using XDA Labs

Rafeh

Jan 25, 2013
Thanks :) F800L_v1.0-BETA6-mk2000 fixed everything. Touchscreen working running rooted oreo on F800L .
Just noted that when flash latest twrp 3.2.3-2 go into recovery its all black screen.

Last edited:

br0adband

Mar 28, 2008
Using the H918 mk2000 Oreo v1.0 beta 5 kernel I note that it doesn't show the kernel version in Settings - System - About phone - Software info. It's not a big deal of course, just something I took note of - the beta 2 kernel does show the build info and obviously being a piece of beta code such bugaboos are expected so, just reporting in for my H918.

Using CPU-Z I can see the full build string as expected, but Oreo isn't pulling that info from the kernel (I presume), again it's not a big issue just something to take note of.

I know you're busy doing all this work on these kernels for so many devices, but I am wondering if there's ever a chance of change logs for some of them as I'm curious to know what gets fixed - 99.9% of the time I never notice any issues so I'm not sure that change log/what's fixed info would even be useful to know, it's just a curiosity thing.

Regardless, thank you for your efforts and helping to make the V20 a still awesome device. :)

Last edited:

askermk2000

Jul 9, 2015
Moto G
LG G5
Using the H918 mk2000 Oreo v1.0 beta 5 kernel I note that it doesn't show the kernel version in Settings - System - About phone - Software info.

This has been talked about some posts back. Apparently a small change to to the "kernel banner" as I think it's called, or in this case, a change to the compiler name; will cause the
Settings.apk to not find that info anymore.

I know you're busy doing all this work on these kernels for so many devices, but I am wondering if there's ever a chance of change logs for some of them as I'm curious to know what gets fixed - 99.9% of the time I never notice any issues so I'm not sure that change log/what's fixed info would even be useful to know, it's just a curiosity thing.

There are two kinds of common change logs: a simple print of git commits, and a more personal writeup.
The latter is too much work, not every commit I make will be a new feature or anything I can easily explain.
The former already exists here: https://github.com/stendro/msm8996_lge_kernel/commits/mk2000-oreo/

Though soon I will update first post with the new Oreo feature list and so on. you can find also some posts back the features of beta5.

aminjomaa13

Aug 6, 2018
This has been talked about some posts back. Apparently a small change to to the "kernel banner" as I think it's called, or in this case, a change to the compiler name; will cause the
Settings.apk to not find that info anymore.

There are two kinds of common change logs: a simple print of git commits, and a more personal writeup.
The latter is too much work, not every commit I make will be a new feature or anything I can easily explain.
The former already exists here: https://github.com/stendro/msm8996_lge_kernel/commits/mk2000-oreo/

Though soon I will update first post with the new Oreo feature list and so on. you can find also some posts back the features of beta5.

will there be a beta 6 for H-910?

jl10101

Jan 16, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S10+
@askermk2000 Thanks for the latest H990SS beta 6. It's running well for the most part. What I have noticed, and I'm not sure if this is normal behaviour, but the GPU frequency rarely if ever has dropped below 214mhz. It also never seems to scale up to max (624mhz). Even at 0% utilization, the gpu is locked at 214mhz. I'm wondering if this is causing the lag in the opening page of the stock LG Gallery on stock Oreo.

Last edited:

askermk2000

Jul 9, 2015
Moto G
LG G5
@askermk2000 Thanks for the latest H990SS beta 6. It's running well for the most part. What I have noticed, and I'm not sure if this is normal behaviour, but the GPU frequency rarely if ever has dropped below 214mhz. It also never seems to scale up to max (624mhz). Even at 0% utilization, the gpu is locked at 214mhz. I'm wondering if this is causing the lag in the opening page of the stock LG Gallery on stock Oreo.

It has always been like that, Oreo and Nougat. Perhaps it's just a display bug, or there is something inherently wrong with the gpu governor (though I doubt that).
You can also manually set the starting freq at 133Mhz. That way you can be sure it's resting at the lowest possible freq when not in use.

On another note; what made you choose 'SS' version ? I made that mostly for dudeawsome, for ppl who use his H990DS based ROM with single-sim variant of H990.

Last edited:

jl10101

Jan 16, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S10+
It has always been like that, Oreo and Nougat. Perhaps it's just a display bug, or there is something inherently wrong with the gpu governor (though I doubt that).
You can also manually set the starting freq at 133Mhz. That way you can be sure it's resting at the lowest possible freq when not in use.

On another note; what made you choose 'SS' version ? I made that mostly for dudeawsome, for ppl who use his H990DS based ROM with single-sim variant of H990.

Thanks for the explanation. At the moment, minimum freq is at 133mhz. So it''s strange behaviour. Seems better when on the ondemand governer. I'll keep monitoring it though.

With regards to the SS version of the kernel, I think I was near the first to flash that zip from dudeawesome on the single SIM H990. Check out my post here: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=77872314&postcount=19

Edit: Here is a screenshot of KA and the GPU

Screenshot_2018-10-15-13-19-21.png

Last edited:
Reactions: pierro78

jl10101

Jan 16, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S10+
That's not what I meant. But you don't have that option in KA it seems.

Anyway, I just re-uploaded the new H990DS/SS builds. I was up late last night and I forgot to fix something.
Nothing to do with the kernel or gpu though.

Ah, misunderstood then. Anyway, thanks for building this great kernel for Oreo - great to be on 8.0 and rooted.
I'll keep reporting / testing. Also, if you need a tester for anything H990 related - just shout.

jmacie

Sep 13, 2014
@askermk2000 Thanks for these kernel upgrades. I am new to flashing kernels. I'm on H918 v1.0 Beta2-mk2000. It is great! Stable v1.4, 1.5 and beta 1.5.6 don't work for me, is that unusual? Thanks for the info and thread, johnm

darkknight200

Mar 10, 2014
@askermk2000 Thanks for these kernel upgrades. I am new to flashing kernels. I'm on H918 v1.0 Beta2-mk2000. It is great! Stable v1.4, 1.5 and beta 1.5.6 don't work for me, is that unusual? Thanks for the info and thread, johnm

If you are on Oreo, stable 1.4 1.5 to beta 1.5.6 are for nougat only.

There is already oreo h918 v1.0 beta 5 mk2000 out that fixed some issues with beta 2.

Reactions: jmacie

Salvaparalyzer

May 13, 2017
That's not what I meant. But you don't have that option in KA it seems.

Anyway, I just re-uploaded the new H990DS/SS builds. I was up late last night and I forgot to fix something.
Nothing to do with the kernel or gpu though.
Is the newest build the beta 6 or beta 6.2? Installed the one of the link of dudeawesome H990DS rom post.

askermk2000

Jul 9, 2015
Moto G
LG G5
Is the newest build the beta 6 or beta 6.2? Installed the one of the link of dudeawesome H990DS rom post.

Newest is beta6, but there is no need to update it. The changes are unrelated to the kernel mostly.

@askermk2000 so h990n kernel boots and everything but WiFi does not work. This happened on nougat and you managed to fix it.

I know. I have already removed that zip, and I will not support H990N separately because it literally uses the same kernel as H990DS (which I didn't know for sure earlier).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    shminer: For his repository
    eoghan2t7: For his repository
    Mentalmuso: For his repository
    savoca: For the invaluable KCAL
    USA-RedDragon: For his repository
    nathanchance: For his pre-merged sources
    TheCrazyLex: And developers of AOSPA, grabbed lots from there
    emdroidle: For his work with rooting, and kernel patches
    eng.stk: For his blu_active governor, and inspiration
    frap129: For his Maple scheduler, and repository
    alucard_24: For his governor, and G5 repository
    franciscofranco: For his many kernel patches
    Lord Boeffla: For his Wakelock Blocker etc
    sultanxda: For his many kernel patches
    warBeard_actual: For his VM tweaks
    neobuddy89: State notifier etc
    arter97: Adreno idler etc
    flar2: Adreno boost etc
    And other's I probably forgot

Previous Versions:
    Features:

Linux 3.18.85
    KCAL - Screen panel control
    ElementalX and Zzmoove CPU governors
    Modules signed and secure, as in stock rom
    Disable software CRC checking of SD Card - More performance
    Fix by emdroidle for eng-bootloader (US996Santa, H990 & H910)
    CRC32 and CHACHA20 HW ACC, CRNG based on CHACHA20
    Static screen fixed (US996Santa, H990 & H910)
    Many patches that improves or fixes things
    Maple I/O scheduler
    LZ4 compression
    RCTD removed

Linux 3.18.92
    Alucard, and blue_active (by eng.stk) Governors
    Fix by emdroidle for eng-bootloader (US996Santa, VS995, H990 & H910)
    Integrated Virtual Memory tweaks (war_mod) and Blu_active settings into ramdisk
    Many work-queues converted to *system_power_efficient_wq*
    Static screen fixed (US996Santa, VS995, H990 & H910)
    Patches from CAF mostly, to various subsystems
    Support for UAC2 external DAC
    Boeffla Wakelock Blocker
    Maple I/O scheduler
    Adrenoboost
    On/Off Fsync
    Adreno Idler

1.5.6 BETA

Linux 3.18.102
    blu_active (by eng.stk) cpu governor
    Integrated memory tweaks (war_mod), and blu_active settings into ramdisk
    Many threads converted to *system_power_efficient_wq*
    Toggle USB2 900mA Fast-Charge on/off
    Support for UAC2 external DAC
    Static screen and modem fix
    Maple I/O scheduler
    Toggle Fsync on/off
    Adreno Boost
    Adreno Idler
    WireGuard

BTTF (Rebased kernel exclusively for V20, closer to stock)

blu_active (by eng.stk) cpu governor
    Integrated blu_active settings into ramdisk
    Alucard, Nightmare & Darkness cpu governors
    Toggle USB2 900mA Fast-Charge
    Boeffla Dynamic Sync Control
    Boeffla Wake-Lock Blocker
    Engineering ABOOT fixes
    RCTD/Triton disabled
    Maple I/O scheduler
    DriveDroid support
    WireGuard

Download: Nougat V20
    Download: Nougat V20 (BETA)
    Download NEW! "Back To The Future" Minimal build (Recommended): BTTF (Nougat)
    Download NEW! "Back To The Future" Minimal build: BTTF (BETA)

Anyone is free to include it in their ROM as they like
    Compiled with GCC Linaro 7.3.1

[2.1] Features:

Linux 3.18.134
    SultanXDA's CPU Boost
    Backported kernel improvements
    Toggle USB2 900mA Fast-Charge
    Boeffla Dynamic Sync Control
    Boeffla Wake-Lock Blocker
    Various patches and fixes
    Engineering ABOOT fixes
    RCTD/Triton disabled
    Maple I/O scheduler
    DriveDroid support
    Modules disabled
    WireGuard

Download: Oreo V20 Folder
    The (AnyKernel2) flashable zip will flash kernel as well as /system/lib/modules. If you want to go back you should backup modules as well

Notice: I don't own a V20, thus I can't guarantee it will be a sane and bug-free kernel for V20 users.

Sources:
    https://github.com/stendro/msm8996_lge_kernel
    LGH830SV_LGH830TN_Android_Oreo_v30c.zip - From http://opensource.lge.com
    Oreo mk2000 v2.0 BETA
    ^This is the link^

* Linux 3.18.126 (latest)
    * Many interesting commits from sultan's and nathanchance's Pixel 2 kernels.
    * Replaced Input Boost with Pixel2 version. Now boosts on app launch (and on waking).
    * Also I've disabled normal boosting on touch input. No user configuration to be done.
    * Removal of deprecated code from KGSL (adreno) driver, by Sultanxda.
    * Various stuff...

Ok so I've gone back to the beginning and refreshed the whole kernel. Starting with CAF base and
    merging in Android stable 3.18.126
    Then extracting (almost) all of the non-LG commits applied - separating them as individual commits, and
    finally applying LG's own modifications.
    After this I picked in from previous mk2000-oreo branch, condensing commits and omitting questionable ones.
    Of course upstreaming from 3.18.71 to 126 has brought a whole bunch of updates and fixes treewide.

I removed sultan's irq and kthread management as that seems to not be plug'n play with the 3.18 kernel.

I have been testing a bit myself and seems alright so far.

Source: mko-v2
    Hey
    I updated first post with Oreo release info, and with (I hope to be) v1.0 stable release.
    This time every supported variant is there, even if they don't have oreo yet.
    Questions

Q: Will this work on newer bootloaders?
    A: It should. The kernel is based on the most recent of LG sources.

Q: What control app do you suggest using?
    A: I suggest using SmartPack, or EX Kernel Manager.

Q: I have US996, what version do I use?
    A: If you unlocked officially through LG then use "US996", otherwise use "US996Santa".

Q: Where can I donate? I want to donate!!
    A: I don't accept donations because of two reasons. One: I don't really need it. Two: I like the idea of this being totally free, it adds to the enjoyability of the kernel.

Q: I'm having some problems with kernel not working or booting?
    A: If you are on an older bootloader then that is likely why. My kernel works on new firmware, not exactly sure how far back the compatibility goes.

Q: I flashed this zip in recovery, but it didn't seem to work, I'm still on my old kernel. What can I do?
    A: With AnyKernel you shouldn't need to re-flash ROOT after flashing kernel (if already installed, if not, do it before flashing kernel). SuperSu has been known to revert the kernel install if you do so.

Q: OK so I just rooted my phone and installed this, and OMGOSH! so excited, now what do I do - do I tweake-dy freak out huh huh? How do I do it??
    A: Put simply, don't do anything. I don't know how things where in the past, but now you don't need to do anything. Not with this kernel anyhow. Such thing are better discussed in a separate thread anyway.
    Version 1.5.5 BETA

UPDATE: Added 1.5.5 BETA16 (With WireGuard)
    BETA16 can be found HERE

NB: If going back to 1.4 after this, restore boot backup first to a point before installing 1.5.5 (or preferably start with fresh stock boot).

Notice: As this is AnyKernel, it uses your existing ramdisk, so if you come from a different custom kernel you should probably restore a backup to stock boot before flashing my kernel. In that case don't forget to flash Magisk if your backup doesn't include that.

External DAC: You likely must use a USB hub between your phone and dac for it to work.