[VTR][BETA][TWRP 3.1.1-0 for EMUI 5.x]

Search This thread

OldDroid

Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2012
Berlin
teamwin-recovery-project-twrp-logo.jpg

Code:
OpenKirin presents unofficial TWRP for stock EMUI 5.x on Huawei P10.
Intended for usage on stock emui 5.x in combination with unlocked bootloader and
modded boot image with disabled dm-verity (depending on what you want to do).

Instructions
Code:
1. Enter fastboot mode on unlocked device
2. flash recovery using the following command: fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.1.1-0-vtr.img
3. reboot to recovery!

Bugs
Code:
1. /data does not work at the moment. Finding the right decryption method takes some time
because we have no device in front of us - [COLOR="red"][B]please exlude it from any backup for now[/B][/COLOR].
[COLOR="red"](If anyone is interested in helping us with testing - pm me!)[/COLOR]

Downloads
Code:
[LIST]
[URL="https://mega.nz/#!q55G2DTY!BfLGiilvnrkHBv9Je0-Ng9JSrgpE2fSD4k1reZBGDjQ"][U]download twrp-3.1.1-0-vtr.img[/U][/URL]
[/LIST]

FAQ
Code:
Q: What's the code status?
A: 02. July 2017

Q: which P10 models are supported?
A: every model should be supported.

Q: ETAs?
A: No.

Special Thanks
Code:
* [URL="https://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=2335078"]surdu_petru[/URL]
* [URL="https://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=7354786"]XePeleato[/URL]
* [URL="https://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=220328"]paulobrien[/URL]

XDA:DevDB Information
TWRP, Tool/Utility for the Huawei P10

Contributors
OldDroid, surdu_petru, XePeleato

Version Information

Created 2017-04-11
Last Updated 2017-07-13

Last edited:

cemaWork

Dec 16, 2013
Moscow
Hello P10 Users,
since we already created TWRP for the entire Kirin 950 Line-up, we are now looking forward to do the same on Kirin 960 platform, means P10.

Anyone who is interested in testing TWRP for P10 contact me via PM.

Regards, OldDroid - Team OpenKirin

I'm ready! (My model VTR-L29) I already killed my eRecovery and Recovery with an attempt to flash the twrp from Mate 9))) Then I flashed through adb the stock Recovery from VTR-L09
Sorry for my English)
Stock recovery and erecovery from VTR-L09C33B123 https://yadi.sk/d/s7aZkial3GgdFT

Last edited:
Reactions: kurvenmeister

OldDroid

Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2012
Berlin
first really working version, only refinements left, release tomorrow.
EDIT: release delayed, data partition is unusable due to the new file based encryption huawei applies via its software. More to follow soon (i won't release an unstable version of twrp which would cause issues to users and i hope you understand this!)

Huge thanks to my tester @crucky, he was able to provide anything i needed!

Regards

Attachments

• download_20170406_183054.jpg
    download_20170406_183054.jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 6,939
Last edited:

kurvenmeister

Jan 16, 2016
need firmware vtr09 b113. p10 is not booting anymore since tried flashing supersu via twrp. restore doesnt work. does anybody have a idea where to get it?

cemaWork

Dec 16, 2013
Moscow
Last edited:
Reactions: kurvenmeister

kurvenmeister

Jan 16, 2016
@cemaWork
thx a lot recovery restore worked
the only thing i need is the european version of the original huawei os VTR-L09C432B113

recovery is booting. system does not really want to boot. after selecting the language an wifi the phone reeboots again. flashing the original os might help, at least this was always the final solution at my previous samsung phones and tablets
@crucky
your link is not tapable. would you mind posting this again? thx

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 PM ----------

[/COLOR @crucky
tried your link again and it seems to work. just downloading a 2gb file as zip. flashable with fastboot?

---------- Post added 8th April 2017 at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was 7th April 2017 at 11:52 PM ----------

@ crucky

need a small tutorial for your update. thank you for the file.

kurvenmeister

Jan 16, 2016
extracted the update zip and found no way to put the update.app an my 32 gig external sd card. my windows computer tells me all the time "not enough space" anybody an idea?

kurvenmeister

Jan 16, 2016
to all android cracks

i tried three different computers to extract the update.app from the update.zip and failed. is anybody of you so kind to give me a downloadlink for the update.app only. vtr-l09c432b113

thx in advance
kurvenmeister

kurvenmeister

Jan 16, 2016
problem solved.

funkyhuawei is the adress to know for restoring p10 device. signed in, payed a few dollars an got the file directly via erecovery. simple and clear instructions

thx to all who tried to help me. the only thing we need is a root file and xposed

Reactions: Mostar088

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    teamwin-recovery-project-twrp-logo.jpg

Code:
    OpenKirin presents unofficial TWRP for stock EMUI 5.x on Huawei P10.
    Intended for usage on stock emui 5.x in combination with unlocked bootloader and
    modded boot image with disabled dm-verity (depending on what you want to do).

Instructions
    Code:
    1. Enter fastboot mode on unlocked device
    2. flash recovery using the following command: fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.1.1-0-vtr.img
    3. reboot to recovery!

Bugs
    Code:
    1. /data does not work at the moment. Finding the right decryption method takes some time
    because we have no device in front of us - [COLOR="red"][B]please exlude it from any backup for now[/B][/COLOR].
    [COLOR="red"](If anyone is interested in helping us with testing - pm me!)[/COLOR]

Downloads
    Code:
    [LIST]
    [URL="https://mega.nz/#!q55G2DTY!BfLGiilvnrkHBv9Je0-Ng9JSrgpE2fSD4k1reZBGDjQ"][U]download twrp-3.1.1-0-vtr.img[/U][/URL]
    [/LIST]

FAQ
    Code:
    Q: What's the code status?
    A: 02. July 2017

Q: which P10 models are supported?
    A: every model should be supported.

Q: ETAs?
    A: No.

Special Thanks
    Code:
    * [URL="https://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=2335078"]surdu_petru[/URL]
    * [URL="https://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=7354786"]XePeleato[/URL]
    * [URL="https://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=220328"]paulobrien[/URL]

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP, Tool/Utility for the Huawei P10

Contributors
    OldDroid, surdu_petru, XePeleato

Version Information

Created 2017-04-11
    Last Updated 2017-07-13
    Status update and little good news:
    we got /data decrypted! BUT, yes there is a but, everything inside /data/media (internal storage, the one where all your music, pics, downloads are stored) is still encrypted.
    It is blocked in normal eRecovery aswell (remains encrypted) and so it is in our current progress, expect more to come soon!

Code:
    [   35.818603s][pid:432,cpu5,vold] file cryption: module_api_version is 512
    [   35.821441s][pid:432,cpu5,vold] file cryption: use keymaster2
    [   35.915405s][pid:432,cpu1,vold] file cryption: Supplying auth token to Keymaster
    [   35.960845s][pid:432,cpu1,vold] file cryption: Successfully retrieved key
    [   35.960998s][pid:432,cpu1,vold] file cryption: Added key xxxxxxxxx (fscrypt:xxxxxxxxxxx) to keyring xxxxxxxx in process 427
    [   35.961029s][pid:432,cpu1,vold] file cryption: Installed ce key for user 0
    [   35.970397s][pid:432,cpu1,vold] file cryption: e4crypt_prepare_user_storage for volume null, user 0, serial 0, flags 2
    [   35.970458s][pid:432,cpu1,vold] file cryption: Preparing: /data/system_ce/0
    [   35.971466s][pid:432,cpu1,vold] file cryption: Preparing: /data/misc_ce/0
    [   35.975158s][pid:432,cpu2,vold] file cryption: Preparing: /data/media/0
    [   35.975921s][pid:432,cpu2,vold] file cryption: Preparing: /data/data
    Regards
    i will push out a new release today with data decryption support. Huge thanks to our team member @XePeleato for his hard work!
    The only minor issue is that your device has to use either none or swipe protection only (no password, fingerprint, pin or pattern). This is required because we were not able yet to find a way to decrypt the CE key (which is needed to decrypt the user data) when a device protection is set. So in theory you are able to backup your data and still be able to format data and restore for example (same for restoring if anything goes wrong).

Best regards
    so yesterday i finally had a full look on the encryption part.
    Stock recovery seems to use a combination out of system vold + vdc + teecd to decrypt the device. BUT - this process is sadly unsucessful (on stock recovery) - so i have to try porting the basic (failing) recovery decryption and adapt it from the system ..
    I hope i'll get it working soon,
    well done Huawei.

Regards
    I'm sorry for the long delay ..
    We ran into serious issues with our current decryption implementation (e.g. wiping system and/or vendor partition actually leads toa corrupt state and you won't be able to recover easily from that, same happens while restoring a backup) which in its current state cannot be published. Please stay patient, i'm sure we are able to solve the remaining errors soon!

Best regards,
    Team OpenKirin
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone