[VTR][BETA][TWRP 3.1.1-0 for EMUI 5.x]

Search This thread

OldDroid

Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2012
Berlin
This is what we are waiting for. But I do not expect something.. we will see..

Gesendet von meinem VTR-L09 mit Tapatalk
lets see if project treble changes the misery of non available roms for p10.
we are putting a lot of hope into it + i'm really hoping that they did not change the encryption process again for oreo.. ;)

Regards

freibergisch

Oct 13, 2009
Leipzsch
lets see if project treble changes the misery of non available roms for p10.
we are putting a lot of hope into it + i'm really hoping that they did not change the encryption process again for oreo.. ;)

Regards
What means project treble? Have to google for it :)

The encryption is the problem, as we already knew. And why this makes building ROMs that difficult? I am not familiar to nougat and the encryption process, more to marshmallow..

Thank you for your answer.

BR

Marcus

Floodland

Aug 29, 2011
Buenos Aires
That's all well and good but what of the twrp issues?

You mean Huawei issues? If you read back, decryption is an outstanding issue.
But my 2c, it wouldn't be best to assume custom ROMs will not support (useless) encryption and make a requirement to force formatting /data (and any partition required) than the impossibility to have working custom ROMs. Any other outstanding issue?

Mohamed-Hamed

Aug 27, 2017
You mean Huawei issues? If you read back, decryption is an outstanding issue.
But my 2c, it wouldn't be best to assume custom ROMs will not support (useless) encryption and make a requirement to force formatting /data (and any partition required) than the impossibility to have working custom ROMs. Any other outstanding issue?

Not that i know of. I just wanted to know if there could be a fully functional twrp for the p10.

hzmenxd

Nov 6, 2014
Hi, i dont know why i cannot make backups (TWRP cannot create the folder)
I cannot flash anything (he folder has rare names and there are no ZIP or imgs available)

What did i do wrong?

"Cannot create folder (permission denied).
Failed to make backupfolder."

Last edited:

freibergisch

Oct 13, 2009
Leipzsch
Hi, i dont know why i cannot make backups (TWRP cannot create the folder)
I cannot flash anything (he folder has rare names and there are no ZIP or imgs available)

What did i do wrong?

"Cannot create folder (permission denied).
Failed to make backupfolder."
You can try to create folders manually in android. So the folders are present and Twrp could work. Twrp also comes with built-in file manager. You could look into it to check correct mount paths (if scard is really mounted at the right place). This would I do first. Simplest ways at first :) maybe this twrp is not working correctly with your P10, because of special version you have? Or own you a "normal" P10? I ask, because Samsung has made lot of different phones of one model, which are not fully compatible with each others firmware or kernels. Maybe Huawei did it, too.. in twrp you can also choose sdcard and external storage (microsd). If you change the storage, it maybe works? Give it a try? BR

waelh

Sep 22, 2015
Can i relock the bootloader after installing the recovery without any problems?
I think if you relock your bootloader after installing the recovery, it won't be able to access system partition anymore and root wouldn't function normally. I don't recommend it.

KreNtal

May 8, 2013
I think if you relock your bootloader after installing the recovery, it won't be able to access system partition anymore and root wouldn't function normally. I don't recommend it.
Ok thanks for the answer

Inviato dal mio LG-D802 utilizzando Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    teamwin-recovery-project-twrp-logo.jpg

Code:
    OpenKirin presents unofficial TWRP for stock EMUI 5.x on Huawei P10.
    Intended for usage on stock emui 5.x in combination with unlocked bootloader and
    modded boot image with disabled dm-verity (depending on what you want to do).

Instructions
    Code:
    1. Enter fastboot mode on unlocked device
    2. flash recovery using the following command: fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.1.1-0-vtr.img
    3. reboot to recovery!

Bugs
    Code:
    1. /data does not work at the moment. Finding the right decryption method takes some time
    because we have no device in front of us - [COLOR="red"][B]please exlude it from any backup for now[/B][/COLOR].
    [COLOR="red"](If anyone is interested in helping us with testing - pm me!)[/COLOR]

Downloads
    Code:
    [LIST]
    [URL="https://mega.nz/#!q55G2DTY!BfLGiilvnrkHBv9Je0-Ng9JSrgpE2fSD4k1reZBGDjQ"][U]download twrp-3.1.1-0-vtr.img[/U][/URL]
    [/LIST]

FAQ
    Code:
    Q: What's the code status?
    A: 02. July 2017

Q: which P10 models are supported?
    A: every model should be supported.

Q: ETAs?
    A: No.

Special Thanks
    Code:
    * [URL="https://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=2335078"]surdu_petru[/URL]
    * [URL="https://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=7354786"]XePeleato[/URL]
    * [URL="https://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=220328"]paulobrien[/URL]

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP, Tool/Utility for the Huawei P10

Contributors
    OldDroid, surdu_petru, XePeleato

Version Information

Created 2017-04-11
    Last Updated 2017-07-13
    Status update and little good news:
    we got /data decrypted! BUT, yes there is a but, everything inside /data/media (internal storage, the one where all your music, pics, downloads are stored) is still encrypted.
    It is blocked in normal eRecovery aswell (remains encrypted) and so it is in our current progress, expect more to come soon!

Code:
    [   35.818603s][pid:432,cpu5,vold] file cryption: module_api_version is 512
    [   35.821441s][pid:432,cpu5,vold] file cryption: use keymaster2
    [   35.915405s][pid:432,cpu1,vold] file cryption: Supplying auth token to Keymaster
    [   35.960845s][pid:432,cpu1,vold] file cryption: Successfully retrieved key
    [   35.960998s][pid:432,cpu1,vold] file cryption: Added key xxxxxxxxx (fscrypt:xxxxxxxxxxx) to keyring xxxxxxxx in process 427
    [   35.961029s][pid:432,cpu1,vold] file cryption: Installed ce key for user 0
    [   35.970397s][pid:432,cpu1,vold] file cryption: e4crypt_prepare_user_storage for volume null, user 0, serial 0, flags 2
    [   35.970458s][pid:432,cpu1,vold] file cryption: Preparing: /data/system_ce/0
    [   35.971466s][pid:432,cpu1,vold] file cryption: Preparing: /data/misc_ce/0
    [   35.975158s][pid:432,cpu2,vold] file cryption: Preparing: /data/media/0
    [   35.975921s][pid:432,cpu2,vold] file cryption: Preparing: /data/data
    Regards
    i will push out a new release today with data decryption support. Huge thanks to our team member @XePeleato for his hard work!
    The only minor issue is that your device has to use either none or swipe protection only (no password, fingerprint, pin or pattern). This is required because we were not able yet to find a way to decrypt the CE key (which is needed to decrypt the user data) when a device protection is set. So in theory you are able to backup your data and still be able to format data and restore for example (same for restoring if anything goes wrong).

Best regards
    so yesterday i finally had a full look on the encryption part.
    Stock recovery seems to use a combination out of system vold + vdc + teecd to decrypt the device. BUT - this process is sadly unsucessful (on stock recovery) - so i have to try porting the basic (failing) recovery decryption and adapt it from the system ..
    I hope i'll get it working soon,
    well done Huawei.

Regards
    I'm sorry for the long delay ..
    We ran into serious issues with our current decryption implementation (e.g. wiping system and/or vendor partition actually leads toa corrupt state and you won't be able to recover easily from that, same happens while restoring a backup) which in its current state cannot be published. Please stay patient, i'm sure we are able to solve the remaining errors soon!

Best regards,
    Team OpenKirin
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone