[VTR][BETA][TWRP 3.1.1-0 for EMUI 5.x]

Search This thread

freibergisch

Telling that your phone (or Huawei) cannot be trusted. But other brands do worse. Lenovo, to give just a quick example, freeze your phone 5 seconds each boot, just to make sure you read that useless screen... Makers have really bad manners lately...
And I thought Samsung made a worse deal with their knox message showing on every boot process. LG, too. Great.. After my P10 I do not know, if Huawei is also my next phone. No development is rare on flagship devices.. And I like Aospa really much.. Bad phone, or bad Huawei...

Gesendet von meinem P10 mit Tapatalk

Floodland

Aug 29, 2011
Buenos Aires
And I thought Samsung made a worse deal with their knox message showing on every boot process. LG, too. Great.. After my P10 I do not know, if Huawei is also my next phone. No development is rare on flagship devices.. And I like Aospa really much.. Bad phone, or bad Huawei...

I agree, but the good news is that Emui is pretty good. I also came from devices with high level of development, and also like AOSPA. But Huawei did its homework for this device, there is little I miss from custom Roms at this point. I do miss a good working TWRP, like the one in this thread, without resolution, a key missing point. Not sure the reason though, Honor device with the almost the SAME hardware has decent amount of development...

freibergisch

I agree, but the good news is that Emui is pretty good. I also came from devices with high level of development, and also like AOSPA. But Huawei did its homework for this device, there is little I miss from custom Roms at this point. I do miss a good working TWRP, like the one in this thread, without resolution, a key missing point. Not sure the reason though, Honor device with the almost the SAME hardware has decent amount of development...
This is also my problem. Honor 9 got a lot of development with the same hardware. Do not know why we have no development here.

Blackball

May 2, 2007
Because it's only me who build firmwares for P10 /P10 plus and building lineage for example need a lot of time for people like me who never build for a unsupported device.
But next days I test my next try

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

freibergisch

Because it's only me who build firmwares for P10 /P10 plus and building lineage for example need a lot of time for people like me who never build for a unsupported device.
But next days I test my next try

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk
isn't it easier to port as I made it for my ODYS devices?

KreNtal

May 8, 2013
I tried installing a theme on this twrp but it does not work, has someone been able to do it?

ironkoong1

Jan 14, 2018
i have downgrade huawei p10 VTR-L29C636 Android 8.0 oreo beta to andriod 7.0

i have downgrade huawei p10 VTR-L29C636 Android 8.0 oreo beta to andriod 7.0
What do I have to do I can not do it I can not find TWRP.img not have please please please

thang you

Alyer

Jan 4, 2018
Hello, working on emui 8.0.0 Android 8.0.0 ? If dont working, van you port a twrp to emui 8.0.0 Android 8.0.0 ?

FrankGF

Jan 30, 2018
Problem TRWP op P10

Hello,

I Have a P10 with VTR-L09 with Emui 5.1 an android 7.0

I Tried to flash TRWP on the phone but it does not work.
The Phone is unlocked.
Tried with twrp-3.1.0-0-P10 and twrp-3.1.1-0-vtr

The write goes ok everything fine , but when I reboot it returns into erecovery.
Did it 10 times, getting Grrrrrr

what goes wrong or what am I doing wrong?

After the flash i tried with Vol UP+ Pwr andVol down+ Pwr

Any help would be apriciated.

tnx

Riddeck07

Dec 3, 2011
ingelheim
Hello,

I Have a P10 with VTR-L09 with Emui 5.1 an android 7.0

I Tried to flash TRWP on the phone but it does not work.
The Phone is unlocked.
Tried with twrp-3.1.0-0-P10 and twrp-3.1.1-0-vtr

The write goes ok everything fine , but when I reboot it returns into erecovery.
Did it 10 times, getting Grrrrrr

what goes wrong or what am I doing wrong?

After the flash i tried with Vol UP+ Pwr andVol down+ Pwr

Any help would be apriciated.

tnx

Used :?

fastboot flash recovery xxx.img... Then

power off phone and disconnect usb, hold power + vol. up together until your phone does a 2nd restart. Hold both keys continuously and then release only power key after about 7-10 seconds after 2nd boot. Just hold vol. Up key pressed until recovery starts.

By the way : erecovery is not the official recovery, it's just a 2nd recovery for downloading the actual firmware on WIFI.
This can be started by vol. Up key for about 3sec. when you see the message... Bla bla your device can't be trusted!

Bootloader boot works with power + vol. Down "when connected with USB"

BY THE WAY : THERE IS NO WAY TO GET THE INTERNAL SPACE DECRYPTED AT THE MOMENT.
This must be done first @ wipe options - > data - > wipe (must type YES than). Note : this wipes all data,this is not a factory reset!

Only after this has been done you can access your files on internal partition, e. G. with twrp-> install zip...

Making a backup of your Android onto internal don't let you get access to the backup later...

I HOPE YOU CAN FIND HELP WITH THIS POSTING...
Greetz MoronicDJ ™

FaiTCRaH

Jul 6, 2011
i need to do a factory reset on my p10... will be enough with default twrp swipe or do i need to specify the ones i need to wipe?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    teamwin-recovery-project-twrp-logo.jpg

Code:
    OpenKirin presents unofficial TWRP for stock EMUI 5.x on Huawei P10.
    Intended for usage on stock emui 5.x in combination with unlocked bootloader and
    modded boot image with disabled dm-verity (depending on what you want to do).

Instructions
    Code:
    1. Enter fastboot mode on unlocked device
    2. flash recovery using the following command: fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.1.1-0-vtr.img
    3. reboot to recovery!

Bugs
    Code:
    1. /data does not work at the moment. Finding the right decryption method takes some time
    because we have no device in front of us - [COLOR="red"][B]please exlude it from any backup for now[/B][/COLOR].
    [COLOR="red"](If anyone is interested in helping us with testing - pm me!)[/COLOR]

Downloads
    Code:
    [LIST]
    [URL="https://mega.nz/#!q55G2DTY!BfLGiilvnrkHBv9Je0-Ng9JSrgpE2fSD4k1reZBGDjQ"][U]download twrp-3.1.1-0-vtr.img[/U][/URL]
    [/LIST]

FAQ
    Code:
    Q: What's the code status?
    A: 02. July 2017

Q: which P10 models are supported?
    A: every model should be supported.

Q: ETAs?
    A: No.

Special Thanks
    Code:
    * [URL="https://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=2335078"]surdu_petru[/URL]
    * [URL="https://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=7354786"]XePeleato[/URL]
    * [URL="https://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=220328"]paulobrien[/URL]

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP, Tool/Utility for the Huawei P10

Contributors
    OldDroid, surdu_petru, XePeleato

Version Information

Created 2017-04-11
    Last Updated 2017-07-13
    Status update and little good news:
    we got /data decrypted! BUT, yes there is a but, everything inside /data/media (internal storage, the one where all your music, pics, downloads are stored) is still encrypted.
    It is blocked in normal eRecovery aswell (remains encrypted) and so it is in our current progress, expect more to come soon!

Code:
    [   35.818603s][pid:432,cpu5,vold] file cryption: module_api_version is 512
    [   35.821441s][pid:432,cpu5,vold] file cryption: use keymaster2
    [   35.915405s][pid:432,cpu1,vold] file cryption: Supplying auth token to Keymaster
    [   35.960845s][pid:432,cpu1,vold] file cryption: Successfully retrieved key
    [   35.960998s][pid:432,cpu1,vold] file cryption: Added key xxxxxxxxx (fscrypt:xxxxxxxxxxx) to keyring xxxxxxxx in process 427
    [   35.961029s][pid:432,cpu1,vold] file cryption: Installed ce key for user 0
    [   35.970397s][pid:432,cpu1,vold] file cryption: e4crypt_prepare_user_storage for volume null, user 0, serial 0, flags 2
    [   35.970458s][pid:432,cpu1,vold] file cryption: Preparing: /data/system_ce/0
    [   35.971466s][pid:432,cpu1,vold] file cryption: Preparing: /data/misc_ce/0
    [   35.975158s][pid:432,cpu2,vold] file cryption: Preparing: /data/media/0
    [   35.975921s][pid:432,cpu2,vold] file cryption: Preparing: /data/data
    Regards
    i will push out a new release today with data decryption support. Huge thanks to our team member @XePeleato for his hard work!
    The only minor issue is that your device has to use either none or swipe protection only (no password, fingerprint, pin or pattern). This is required because we were not able yet to find a way to decrypt the CE key (which is needed to decrypt the user data) when a device protection is set. So in theory you are able to backup your data and still be able to format data and restore for example (same for restoring if anything goes wrong).

Best regards
    so yesterday i finally had a full look on the encryption part.
    Stock recovery seems to use a combination out of system vold + vdc + teecd to decrypt the device. BUT - this process is sadly unsucessful (on stock recovery) - so i have to try porting the basic (failing) recovery decryption and adapt it from the system ..
    I hope i'll get it working soon,
    well done Huawei.

Regards
    I'm sorry for the long delay ..
    We ran into serious issues with our current decryption implementation (e.g. wiping system and/or vendor partition actually leads toa corrupt state and you won't be able to recover easily from that, same happens while restoring a backup) which in its current state cannot be published. Please stay patient, i'm sure we are able to solve the remaining errors soon!

Best regards,
    Team OpenKirin