[VTR][BETA][TWRP 3.1.1-0 for EMUI 5.x]

Search This thread

D4XT3R

Sep 29, 2015
hey guys i've updated my P10 to oreo and now after trying to flash your twrp my cmd cabe back with
Code:
target reported max download size of 471859200 bytes
sending 'recovery' (32040 KB)...
OKAY [  0.690s]
writing 'recovery'...
FAILED (remote: partition length get error)
finished. total time: 0.706s

please update the twrp

Jannomag

Sep 20, 2015
Hamburg
hey guys i've updated my P10 to oreo and now after trying to flash your twrp my cmd cabe back with
Code:
target reported max download size of 471859200 bytes
sending 'recovery' (32040 KB)...
OKAY [  0.690s]
writing 'recovery'...
FAILED (remote: partition length get error)
finished. total time: 0.706s

please update the twrp

use this command:
"fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp.img" - this is new in oreo.

I have an TWRP problem - with every version I found in the www for P10, P10 Plus and Mate 9:
I can't usw adb or mtp inside TWRP, the P10 isn't detected by my computer - tried Windows 10 and Linux (Solus).
Under Windows 10 there isn't a adb or android device listed, under Linux the command "lsusb" also doesn't show such a device.
I need adb in TWRP to update via HWOTA. Treble-ROM wasn't working properly and now I wanted to go back to stock EMUI8.
I'm on VTR-L29C432 btw.
Any solutions?

D4XT3R

Sep 29, 2015
use this command:
"fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp.img" - this is new in oreo.

I have an TWRP problem - with every version I found in the www for P10, P10 Plus and Mate 9:
I can't usw adb or mtp inside TWRP, the P10 isn't detected by my computer - tried Windows 10 and Linux (Solus).
Under Windows 10 there isn't a adb or android device listed, under Linux the command "lsusb" also doesn't show such a device.
I need adb in TWRP to update via HWOTA. Treble-ROM wasn't working properly and now I wanted to go back to stock EMUI8.
I'm on VTR-L29C432 btw.
Any solutions?

yeah i read that on the Mate 10 forum.. i honestly think it's a twrp problem on huawei phones

Jannomag

Sep 20, 2015
Hamburg
I tried with 3.1.1 from my Magisk Thread
Adb with windows work. Linux I will test later.

Not for me. The whole device isn't recognized by the PC.
Tested on two PCs with two different USB controllers, USB 2.0, USB 3.0 and via HUB, Windows 10 x64 and Linux (Solus OS 3.26.2). Nothing works.
Fastboot and ADB while Android is running work like a charm.

Cavernerg

Jun 21, 2015
After flashing the recovery, I'm getting

"ERROR MODE

Attention!
Please update System again!

Err Nr. 11 "

any hints on that?

//EDIT: I'm on oreo, using the 3.1.1.0 twrp from this thread ;) - the message Comes, when booting to recovery

Last edited:

sfoot13

Apr 24, 2013
www.flickr.com
After flashing the recovery, I'm getting

"ERROR MODE

Attention!
Please update System again!

Err Nr. 11 "

any hints on that?

//EDIT: I'm on oreo, using the 3.1.1.0 twrp from this thread ;) - the message Comes, when booting to recovery

Oh mate! I was stuck at the same error :/ I sent my phone to tech service.
This TWRP is for Nougat
Do you still have your bootloader unlocked? and FRP?
Advise: Don´t relock your bootloader!

Cavernerg

Jun 21, 2015
I installed magisk (which worked fine) , then I decided to install XPOSED (systemless) via magisk and xposed installer... and did not backup.... and now it's completely bricked and i can not recover.

I can't even Flash twrp recovery again (which i lost when i tried to Flash System.img and kernel.img)... The boot.img seems to be damaged but is not included in the UPDATE.APP... so i don't know where to get it to try this one. When I Flash recovery in fastboot mode I get a confirmation, but when I boot to recovery, I just see the stock. And after that stock erecovery. :D pretty unhappy with that, but atm nothing I can do :(

But to be clear: As far as I can say, TWRP worked fine.

rcstar6696

Dec 21, 2013
Kassel (Hessen)
Hey is the source for vtr twrp now public somewhere?
I want to build twrp for m5 tablet but i need to see the basic configuration of the kirin devices i'm buildring roms and twrp for sony devices since a long time . It would make it a lot easier for me if i get any answer from someone.

Btw if all goes well with m5 i will work on p10 and p10 plus to as i get the p10 plus next week

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    teamwin-recovery-project-twrp-logo.jpg

Code:
    OpenKirin presents unofficial TWRP for stock EMUI 5.x on Huawei P10.
    Intended for usage on stock emui 5.x in combination with unlocked bootloader and
    modded boot image with disabled dm-verity (depending on what you want to do).

Instructions
    Code:
    1. Enter fastboot mode on unlocked device
    2. flash recovery using the following command: fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.1.1-0-vtr.img
    3. reboot to recovery!

Bugs
    Code:
    1. /data does not work at the moment. Finding the right decryption method takes some time
    because we have no device in front of us - [COLOR="red"][B]please exlude it from any backup for now[/B][/COLOR].
    [COLOR="red"](If anyone is interested in helping us with testing - pm me!)[/COLOR]

Downloads
    Code:
    [LIST]
    [URL="https://mega.nz/#!q55G2DTY!BfLGiilvnrkHBv9Je0-Ng9JSrgpE2fSD4k1reZBGDjQ"][U]download twrp-3.1.1-0-vtr.img[/U][/URL]
    [/LIST]

FAQ
    Code:
    Q: What's the code status?
    A: 02. July 2017

Q: which P10 models are supported?
    A: every model should be supported.

Q: ETAs?
    A: No.

Special Thanks
    Code:
    * [URL="https://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=2335078"]surdu_petru[/URL]
    * [URL="https://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=7354786"]XePeleato[/URL]
    * [URL="https://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=220328"]paulobrien[/URL]

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP, Tool/Utility for the Huawei P10

Contributors
    OldDroid, surdu_petru, XePeleato

Version Information

Created 2017-04-11
    Last Updated 2017-07-13
    Status update and little good news:
    we got /data decrypted! BUT, yes there is a but, everything inside /data/media (internal storage, the one where all your music, pics, downloads are stored) is still encrypted.
    It is blocked in normal eRecovery aswell (remains encrypted) and so it is in our current progress, expect more to come soon!

Code:
    [   35.818603s][pid:432,cpu5,vold] file cryption: module_api_version is 512
    [   35.821441s][pid:432,cpu5,vold] file cryption: use keymaster2
    [   35.915405s][pid:432,cpu1,vold] file cryption: Supplying auth token to Keymaster
    [   35.960845s][pid:432,cpu1,vold] file cryption: Successfully retrieved key
    [   35.960998s][pid:432,cpu1,vold] file cryption: Added key xxxxxxxxx (fscrypt:xxxxxxxxxxx) to keyring xxxxxxxx in process 427
    [   35.961029s][pid:432,cpu1,vold] file cryption: Installed ce key for user 0
    [   35.970397s][pid:432,cpu1,vold] file cryption: e4crypt_prepare_user_storage for volume null, user 0, serial 0, flags 2
    [   35.970458s][pid:432,cpu1,vold] file cryption: Preparing: /data/system_ce/0
    [   35.971466s][pid:432,cpu1,vold] file cryption: Preparing: /data/misc_ce/0
    [   35.975158s][pid:432,cpu2,vold] file cryption: Preparing: /data/media/0
    [   35.975921s][pid:432,cpu2,vold] file cryption: Preparing: /data/data
    Regards
    i will push out a new release today with data decryption support. Huge thanks to our team member @XePeleato for his hard work!
    The only minor issue is that your device has to use either none or swipe protection only (no password, fingerprint, pin or pattern). This is required because we were not able yet to find a way to decrypt the CE key (which is needed to decrypt the user data) when a device protection is set. So in theory you are able to backup your data and still be able to format data and restore for example (same for restoring if anything goes wrong).

Best regards
    so yesterday i finally had a full look on the encryption part.
    Stock recovery seems to use a combination out of system vold + vdc + teecd to decrypt the device. BUT - this process is sadly unsucessful (on stock recovery) - so i have to try porting the basic (failing) recovery decryption and adapt it from the system ..
    I hope i'll get it working soon,
    well done Huawei.

Regards
    I'm sorry for the long delay ..
    We ran into serious issues with our current decryption implementation (e.g. wiping system and/or vendor partition actually leads toa corrupt state and you won't be able to recover easily from that, same happens while restoring a backup) which in its current state cannot be published. Please stay patient, i'm sure we are able to solve the remaining errors soon!

Best regards,
    Team OpenKirin
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone