• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

VULKAN api for all Nougat roms [zip][ota survival]

Search This thread

troolie

Oct 3, 2013
Those vulkan libs are pretty outdated. I tried this on N based miui (u gotta remove the build.prop spoofing first cause it breaks everything). Launched 3dmark API test, scored 130K for vulkan. Then I ripped last month libs from official N based miui and flashed those instead. 3dmark API test scored 218K this time. Opengl ES test is also marginally better: 89k vs 91k.

Basically, don't flash libs that came out a year ago, when vulkan support was very new and half broken.

Reactions: Adarsh Hegde

Freyjadour

Feb 14, 2016
Tegal
Those vulkan libs are pretty outdated. I tried this on N based miui (u gotta remove the build.prop spoofing first cause it breaks everything). Launched 3dmark API test, scored 130K for vulkan. Then I ripped last month libs from official N based miui and flashed those instead. 3dmark API test scored 218K this time. Opengl ES test is also marginally better: 89k vs 91k.

Basically, don't flash libs that came out a year ago, when vulkan support was very new and half broken.
Would you mind sharing your updated lib?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using XDA-Developers Legacy app

apexashwin

Jun 5, 2013
nagercoil

Why would u flash this? Every n based roms has this built in

troolie

Oct 3, 2013
OK Thanks. The built-in Vulkan in Most nougat ROMs seems to be outdated too. So I've been really curious when you said The updated Vulkan performs a lot better compared to the old ones.

Feel free to try for yourself.
Just to be clear, those were tested with Nougat based MIUI. I have no idea what will happen if you try them with non-MIUI stock Nougat (like LOS or AOSP). I don't have androidfilehost account and can't be bothered to create one, so zippyshare it is.

http://www27.zippyshare.com/v/VNjPCMfh/file.html

That's a flashable zip, by the way.

Freyjadour

Feb 14, 2016
Tegal
Feel free to try for yourself.
Just to be clear, those were tested with Nougat based MIUI. I have no idea what will happen if you try them with non-MIUI stock Nougat (like LOS or AOSP). I don't have androidfilehost account and can't be bothered to create one, so zippyshare it is.

http://www27.zippyshare.com/v/VNjPCMfh/file.html

That's a flashable zip, by the way.

I tried this on RR Final build. And there is definitely some performance improvements compared to before. I got Vulkan nearly 212k in 3dmark. Albeit the score just go up and down inconsistently. I don't know if this is caused by rom or just my mistake. Btw Thank you ;)

Tunjung123

Sep 28, 2017
What is this?
A flash-able zip with graphics blobs including vulkan libs, from Mi Max Nougat leaked rom.
It includes build.prop edits to morph device as Samsung Note 7, so you can install Vulcan games/apps from play store.

Disclaimer:
As always, you are responsible for anything you do in your life, and to your phone.
If you like my work, consider donating (it makes me work harder) and kill that thanx button.

Requirements:
Redmi note 3 on any nougat rom with twrp recovery

Instructions:
1. Download the zip
2. Place it in internal/external sd
3. Reboot to recovery and install/flash it

Downloads:
vulkan_050117.zip

Donations:
Thanx for your kind donations, it helps. :)
Send me a pm if you have donated, if you want to join telegram group for close testing and support. :highfive:
NVDX11, 99xxxx3869, 97xxxx1652, 94xxxx8709, 89xxxx6581 (hemant_jeengar), 77xxxx8388, 88xxxx9810, 90xxxx4024, 86xxxx0406, 89xxxx8858, 88xxxx9810, asrupesh, 73xxxx6596, MakDroid, BabyTedhu, 95xxxx7623 (vk82119), 81xxxx4723, 73xxxx3906, 88xxxx0101

Credits:
Xiaomi (for releasing nougat rom for Mi Max)
minz1 (used his lineage os to get files)
MEGAX91 (he extracted Mi Max graphics blobs)

Telegram Channel for faster ETA's, Changlog: Channel
So i installed this on my redmi note 4x. and now model number change to the note 7 and every app detected that i have note 7. How do i go back to note 4x?

troolie

Oct 3, 2013
Well, you restore the backup you most certainly made before flashing random system files.
If you did no such thing, grab your original ROM file, find a way to extract build.prop from it and use that file to replace the one you currently have on your phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What is this?
    A flash-able zip with graphics blobs including vulkan libs, from Mi Max Nougat leaked rom.
    It includes build.prop edits to morph device as Samsung Note 7, so you can install Vulcan games/apps from play store.

Disclaimer:
    As always, you are responsible for anything you do in your life, and to your phone.
    If you like my work, consider donating (it makes me work harder) and kill that thanx button.

Requirements:
    Redmi note 3 on any nougat rom with twrp recovery

Instructions:
    1. Download the zip
    2. Place it in internal/external sd
    3. Reboot to recovery and install/flash it

Downloads:
    vulkan_050117.zip

Donations:
    Thanx for your kind donations, it helps. :)
    Send me a pm if you have donated, if you want to join telegram group for close testing and support. :highfive:
    NVDX11, 99xxxx3869, 97xxxx1652, 94xxxx8709, 89xxxx6581 (hemant_jeengar), 77xxxx8388, 88xxxx9810, 90xxxx4024, 86xxxx0406, 89xxxx8858, 88xxxx9810, asrupesh, 73xxxx6596, MakDroid, BabyTedhu, 95xxxx7623 (vk82119), 81xxxx4723, 73xxxx3906, 88xxxx0101

Credits:
    Xiaomi (for releasing nougat rom for Mi Max)
    minz1 (used his lineage os to get files)
    MEGAX91 (he extracted Mi Max graphics blobs)

Telegram Channel for faster ETA's, Changlog: Channel
    I think you should give credits to @MEGAX91 as well as he was the one who shared the vulkan libs. :)

Hi Mate , i don't care about credit.
    all that really matters is , we have vulkan on RN3 Pro
    *im testing C9 Pro , Xperia X GPU blobs now.*
    Hello everyone. :)

Right now I am working on signal fluctuations on lte sim, no outgoing call via 64k sim if used with volte patch, getting volte work on newer firmwares, and a surprise guide (first on internet) to get approx 2gb more space in your phone (for apps).
    May work on mi max nougat rom port and Rr oms unofficial rom (I like this rom but I have to learn how to compile though), stable marshmallow volte patch, video guide on volte.

So how can you help me? By donation. There are 14k view on this thread, even Rs. 1 (1.5cent approx) matters at such large scale. So, if you can even spare Rs. 1 that would be great help.

To donate, scan this qr code with Paytm app

Thanx to all who donated and you all for supporting. :)
    For now, don't download Vulkan.zip. It has issues with Ota survival.
    New zip with build.prop morph inbuilt will be uploaded by evening. On androidfilehost