VZ Pixel: Messages+ AND ALSO Google Messager??

Search This thread

n4ogl

Aug 15, 2006
Los Angeles
I've got a VZ Pixel XL. I love the convenience of using Messages+ across all my mobile devices (laptop, desktop, tablet, work computer, etc.) but I also like the functionality of Google's Messenger.

Can I use Google's Messenger on the Pixel XL, and then use Messages+ on the other devices, or does it all have to be on Messages+?

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
I've got a VZ Pixel XL. I love the convenience of using Messages+ across all my mobile devices (laptop, desktop, tablet, work computer, etc.) but I also like the functionality of Google's Messenger.

Can I use Google's Messenger on the Pixel XL, and then use Messages+ on the other devices, or does it all have to be on Messages+?

I believe you can do that and message plus will pick it up.

Easiest way to tell is just send an SMS and then check the other devices. But think it will work.

schwem

Oct 15, 2014
Auburn Hills

Yes you can. I do this with my tablet and Nexus player. Setup and restore Message + on your Pixel and after fully restored just open and make Google messenger default. All messages will still route through Message + and backup to Verizon's cloud service and push the messages to the other devices you have setup under the same Message j account.

le0.br4zuc4

Jun 8, 2010
Boca Raton, FL
One thing to keep in mind is: every message you send from either a tablet or computer using the Verizon Message+ app, you won't see that message on your phone IF on your phone you're using Google's Messenger. The messages you send from your phone, you WILL see them as sent msgs on MSG+

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk