[VZW] HiddenMenu

Search This thread

xdabbeb

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 10, 2010
In my search for a solution to disabling CABL on this phone, I wanted to take a look into all the LG hidden tests/settings. As the Verizon variant doesn't have this apk, I took it from an AT&T build, deodexed it and it seems to run fine on the VS980. I haven't been able to launch it from the dialer, but using the below will get you there. If you don't know what these tests or settings do, then you're better off leaving them alone, as there is the potential to mess something up.

Code:
am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.lge.hiddenmenu/com.lge.hiddenmenu.HiddenMenu

Attachments

• HiddenMenu.apk
    2.9 MB · Views: 37,088

wallice888

Oct 10, 2013
In my search for a solution to disabling CABL on this phone, I wanted to take a look into all the LG hidden tests/settings. As the Verizon variant doesn't have this apk, I took it from an AT&T build, deodexed it and it seems to run fine on the VS980. I haven't been able to launch it from the dialer, but using the below will get you there. If you don't know what these tests or settings do, then you're better off leaving them alone, as there is the potential to mess something up.

Code:
am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.lge.hiddenmenu/com.lge.hiddenmenu.HiddenMenu

Thanks a lot !
I found this work on my VZW G2 ..Why VZW choose to hidden the phone test menu, so unconvenient.

I wonder if you can help me more about the APN MCC/MNC locked questions.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2491221&highlight=apn

Thanks............

hd-renegade

Aug 31, 2012
Waynesville

Code:

What is "CABL" and what is all in this hidden menu?? Can someone post a screen shot of it.

Thank you

xdabbeb

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 10, 2010
No, it needs to be installed as a system app. As for the dialer code, it won't work because the corresponding broadcast intent wasn't built in the vzw ROM. If I have some free time I could do that, but it really is easy to launch it via command I listed above.

Reactions: deathsquad737

wallice888

Oct 10, 2013
I want to set up the Qualcomm usb setting. I use the QPST to connect to G2 .But it could not open the port of the G2.

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app

mdroid60

Jun 9, 2010

Code:

Could someone provide some detail on how this should be run? I downloaded the file and then the code above in my phone's terminal, but was told the file was not found.

Reactions: comk4ver

maloma99

Jan 24, 2011
Could someone provide some detail on how this should be run? I downloaded the file and then the code above in my phone's terminal, but was told the file was not found.

put hiddenmenu.apk to /system/app
then set permission to еры file rw- r- r-
then reboot device
then do this using ADB
Code:
adb shell
su

Voila :)

mdroid60

Jun 9, 2010
then reboot device
then do this using ADB
Code:
adb shell
su

Thanks for the response! I dont have ADB on the computer I'm on but I'll try this when I get home!

Reactions: boxxyfied

mdroid60

Jun 9, 2010
then reboot device
then do this using ADB
Code:
adb shell
su

It worked, thank you again!

Last edited:

markrulesallnow

Oct 15, 2012
then reboot device
then do this using ADB
Code:
adb shell
su

can I just run the "am start" line from a terminal in the phone?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:
    Thank you for this tutorial. Finally got my Knock On back! For those noobs wondering, here is what I did: (NO PC NECESSARY)
    I put the HiddenMenu.apk in the system/app folder and permissions rw-r-r
    Then reboot
    Download and open Terminal Emulator app.
    First line type su, then hit enter
    Now type this
    Code:
    PAY ATTENTION TO ALL SPACES
    Hit enter and viola, hidden menu!

then reboot device
    then do this using ADB
    Code:
    adb shell
    su

Nevermind this worked.... anyone know how to "update touch firmware" from here?

Yes, I just did it. Access the menu using the directions in the op. Then go to HW device test / Touch test / then Touch firmware upgrade...wait 10 seconds after doing it...done! Knock-on Restored!!
    I read every post and follow the directions. And I am super surprised that it work where everything else failed.
    Success on this ls980 Sprint after losing knock on.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone