VZW how to bypass activation.

Search This thread

eastwood1

Dec 8, 2010
Anyone know how to bypass activation on the VZW S3?

I'm having problems activating my device.

ty for the help.

eastwood1

Dec 8, 2010
Disregard this post I got my phone activated this morning.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

macdroid01

Mar 20, 2011
Disregard this post I got my phone activated this morning.

I'd like to know how to bypass activation. So I can return the phone is there are screen defects. Isn't there some developer backdoor to use the phone without activating it or setting it up? Thanks..

akstormrider

Jul 11, 2012
Fairbanks
Also looking to bypass activation

I'm currently in Alaska, and just received my Verizon S3 pre-order. VZW has yet to enter the Alaska market, so I'm on extended network up here, and I knew in advance that I wouldn't be able to activate the phone until I'm in Seattle in early August.

What I didn't expect was a seemingly bulletproof activation screen. If anyone finds a way past this, it sure would be nice to be able to at least play with this phone on wi-fi until I get to a place with coverage.

Thanks!

selevine

Jun 20, 2012
I don't know if this method will work specifically for your phone but it did with my HTC Incredible on vzw's network.

1. Go through the initial setup stuff and when it gets to the activate your phone click OK.
2. The phone places a call to activate your phone. When the phone connects, hang up on the call.
3. The phone goes back to the activate your phone screen and click OK again.
4. When the phone connects, hang up again.
5. I repeated steps 3 and 4 a couple times and my phone gave up on trying to activate my phone and went to the next prompt screen. :)

Reactions: akstormrider

akstormrider

Jul 11, 2012
Fairbanks
I don't know if this method will work specifically for your phone but it did with my HTC Incredible on vzw's network.

1. Go through the initial setup stuff and when it gets to the activate your phone click OK.
2. The phone places a call to activate your phone. When the phone connects, hang up on the call.
5. I repeated steps 3 and 4 a couple times and my phone gave up on trying to activate my phone and went to the next prompt screen. :)

Thanks, but no luck. The S3's activation is different from any I've seen before. The dialing is all done in the background, and there is no hang-up button. After it places 3 or 4 calls that don't go through, it pops up a message that says it can't activate and offers to restart the phone to try again.

There's no welcome screen to try the 4 corners, and the Konami-esque volume code doesn't work either. ## Codes entered from the emergency dial haven't done anything.

czarbrain79

Sep 4, 2010
Hey guys,
It’s the same thing as the Galaxy Tab 10.1
On the Language screen (right on the first language) tap top left corner, then top right corner,(above the emergency call and next) then bottom left corner, then bottom right corner, then volume up.

screwyluie

May 20, 2009
Hey guys,
On the Language screen (right on the first language) tap top left corner, then top right corner,(above the emergency call and next) then bottom left corner, then bottom right corner, then volume up.

That is awesome. Reminds me of the konami code back in the day

JDMpire

Nov 21, 2008
Philly & Bangkok
To Bypass the S3 Activation it's very simple,

While in portrait mode of the languges screen

- tap below the last language, Left side - Right Side

- Left Side - Right Side

- Volume up Button.

They made it slightly difficult But thats the bypass for ya

- KARL LUGENBEEL -

YES! This is it. Do it like he mentioned to a T and youll be fine!

Thanks Karl!

Reactions: dirtyrob

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bypass

Doesn't work for me. Followed to a t...

- Left Side - Right Side

- Volume up Button.

- KARL LUGENBEEL -
    Hey guys,
    Above the emergency/next buttons, bottom left, bottom right, bottom left, bottom right, volume up.

- Left Side - Right Side

- Volume up Button.

- KARL LUGENBEEL -

YES! This is it. Do it like he mentioned to a T and youll be fine!

Thanks Karl!