(VZW) VS980 Kitkat thread (ota captured and successfully installed)

Search This thread

Dri94

Oct 9, 2011
Florida
I prefer the other AOSP ROMs, namely Vanir. Plus, after reading thru the CM 24a thread, looks like there are lots of bugs.. I'll wait till official Verizon 4.4.2 drops and everybody can get their hands on it...

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

There are no bugs

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

garywojdan81

Aug 10, 2010
Looks like people are seeing some MMS issues on the Verizon builds.

I think that's on some of the roms derived from 24a, not 24a stock. Not the same thing. 24a stock is at least as stable as the JB 12b official build. For me, more so.

jonstrong

Jan 20, 2012
www.jonathanrstrong.com
I think that's on some of the roms derived from 24a, not 24a stock. Not the same thing. 24a stock is at least as stable as the JB 12b official build. For me, more so.

I'll second that. I did the "manual install of the OTA" to 24A on my vs980 (Verizon), and it has been 100% rock solid. NO fc's (and I had none onf 12b either for that matter), smooth / fast, quick to charge -- and battery last forever (5 to 6 hours OST, avg 24 hours total life with that much screen use. Also noticed lately that if I'm at home on WiFi and play Reversi, I can play for 3 hours and watch the battery only dip perhaps 10% to 12% - incredible).

In 22 years of using cell phones, and flashing mods and custom ROMs for several years, i can confidently say that stock 24A is the best, smoothest, fastest and most stable ROM I have every used. Adding Xposed (G2 Xposed and G2 Tweaksbox) has not had any negative impact on performance or stability, but let me add in some of the customizations that I might normally need to get from a custom ROM.

This OTA is fantastic for VzW users - highly recommended. So good, in fact, that I hesitate trying custom ROMs until I see some "to die for" features in a ROM that is as stable as 24A stock.

abdel12345

Dec 25, 2012
I can't believe the ota still hasn't come yet. It's mid April. Marine they're just waiting for 4.4.3 or something to release at once? This worries me that we probably won't get the next major update like 4.5 or 5.0 but hopefully it'll be able to be ported from something like the g pro 2 or g3.

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app

jesssiii

Aug 19, 2010
Southern CA
I'll second that. I did the "manual install of the OTA" to 24A on my vs980 (Verizon), and it has been 100% rock solid. NO fc's (and I had none onf 12b either for that matter), smooth / fast, quick to charge -- and battery last forever (5 to 6 hours OST, avg 24 hours total life with that much screen use. Also noticed lately that if I'm at home on WiFi and play Reversi, I can play for 3 hours and watch the battery only dip perhaps 10% to 12% - incredible).

In 22 years of using cell phones, and flashing mods and custom ROMs for several years, i can confidently say that stock 24A is the best, smoothest, fastest and most stable ROM I have every used. Adding Xposed (G2 Xposed and G2 Tweaksbox) has not had any negative impact on performance or stability, but let me add in some of the customizations that I might normally need to get from a custom ROM.

This OTA is fantastic for VzW users - highly recommended. So good, in fact, that I hesitate trying custom ROMs until I see some "to die for" features in a ROM that is as stable as 24A stock.

Totally agree!

I can't believe the ota still hasn't come yet. It's mid April. Marine they're just waiting for 4.4.3 or something to release at once? This worries me that we probably won't get the next major update like 4.5 or 5.0 but hopefully it'll be able to be ported from something like the g pro 2 or g3.

Yes, and I have no confidence whatsoever in any ported future updates considering how horribly 4.3 & 4.4 ran on Verizon before the leaked OTA.

VZW LG G2 VS98024A

Poloki

Oct 28, 2010
Hackettstown, NJ

Anything I have seen about 4.4.3, if I am not mistaken, is that it's pretty much a bug fix for Nexus 5 and that's it. I don't think there were any updates to what is on 4.4.2, otherwise Google would have made an official unveiling.... 4.5 or 5..0 will probably arrive with Google I/O... I am not discounting the possibility that we can get it as the phone is certainly capable.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Currently updating....at 36%. Will let everyone know how it goes.

EDIT: Step 2/2...at 40%. Slow but still going.

EDIT2: OK. It worked. I think I might want to go through the whole process again to determine exactly what steps were necessary, however, b/c I kind of threw everything at it at once on my last try. It may have to wait for morning, though, as it's 2:30am here and I'm a little faced.
    Hey guys. I'm up, but desperately need coffee and something greasy to eat first.

@JackpotClavin I'll get dumps of system, boot, tz, rpm, and modem. If you want a few specific dirs from system send me a pm.

@koftheworld yep, that was where i was stuck before I went out. I'll definitely write up a guide after I revert and go through the process again. Do you guys want it in here or a new thread?
    I have the partition images so I'm going to revert to 12b again and verify exactly which steps I took were necessary. Sorry to be particular about that, but I like to be precise and I was a little drinky when I did it last night.

I'll start uploading the images as well
    4udebupy.jpg