- Aug 9, 2009
This Process Will Root Phone Unlock Your VZW EMMC 15 Chipset Bootloader Install TWRP Recovery And Install PreRooted Firmware Of Your Choice!.
I posted this because the current unlock methods are not easy to do. This should make process easier
If you already have unlocked bootloader and want to change bootloader versions then goto post 2
1, You need working adb on your computer. The latest samsung drivers installed. A Sdcard inserted in the phone preferably a 32 gig or less. Must be at least 1 gig. Phone will be wiped! A data connection or wifi is also required.
2. Download and extract the EMMC_15_VZW_NOTE4_BOOTLOADER_UNLOCK.7z
3. Reboot phone to download mode (pwr+voldwn+home_button). In Odin_Files folder use odin and flash the COMBINATION_VZW_FA44_N910VVRU2APB1.tar.md5 in BL slot in odin
4. Once phone is booted up and connected to computer run 1Install_KingRoot.cmd. This will install king root app on phone.
5. Once installed make sure phone has data via cell or wifi. Run king root to root phone. Phone may kernel panic and reboot just keep trying. Once root is successful click on root permissions in the king root app and click on system adb and change prompt to allow.
6. Make sure phone is connected to computer and run 2UnlockBootloader.cmd. This will change CID to Dev edition and then unlock that bootloader. If first time unlocking phone it will change your cid to dev edition then reboot during process. This is fine you will not loose root. Close cmd window wait for phone to reconnect then run again this time it will unlock the bootloaders when done phone will once again power off. Remove sdcard this is very important so I will say again remove SDCard from Phone your phone will not boot with sdcard in until it is reformated! Reboot to download mode you should notice it says DEV Mode.
7. Reboot phone and now you are ready to choose your bootloader you want to be on for this guide we will assume you want to be on latest QL1 Marshmallow bootloader.
8. Make sure phone is connected and run 3UnlockBootloader_MM_QL1.cmd or what ever one you choose. When done Phone will power off and now the bootloader is updated.
9. Now choose the firmware that matches your unlocked bootloader from below
N910VVRU1ANJ5_DEV_ROOTED.tar.rar Kit Kat 4.4 Rooted Firmware
N910VVRU2BOG5_DEV_ROOTED_SUPERSU.tar.rar Lollipop 5.0 Rooted Firmware
N910VVRU2BPA1_DEV_ROOTED_MAGISK.tar.rar Lollipop 5.1 Rooted Firmware
N910VVRU2CQL1_DEV_ROOTED_MAGISK.tar.rar Marshmallow 6.0 Rooted Firmware
10 Reboot phone to download mode and flash above firmware that matches your bootloader version Im using N910VVRU2CQL1_DEV_ROOTED_MAGISK.tar.rar as example. Extract N910VVRU2CQL1_DEV_ROOTED_MAGISK.tar.rar and use provide odin from EMMC_15_VZW_NOTE4_BOOTLOADER_UNLOCK and choose N910VVRU2CQL1_DEV_ROOTED_MAGISK.tar.md5 or the one you choose and in odin BL slot uncheck auto reboot and flash. When flash is done make sure to reboot to TWRP recovery which will be installed and wipe data then reboot. You are done!
11. Above firmware running magisk root may til you additional steps are needed and download magisk zip. You can skip this step if you want as it is rooted and magisk apk is installed but if you want I will provide magisk zip used in root if you want to reflash