w0lf's Translator v1.1

mobilecriss

Sep 22, 2008
Bucharest

Hello!

I've made a few enhancements to my little program; most of them were suggested by you on this forum, so I thank you for this.

What's new in v1.1:

- Fixed the "Autodetect" label bug

- Moved the "Cancel" menu item over the "Translate" menu item when processing a request

- "Set Default Languages" - saves the current language combination and restores it when application starts

- "Configure Language Set" - if you only want to use 3 or 4 languages yo may select a subset of the languages supported by the application to be shown in the interface

- Copy/Paste feature

- CAB file for easier installation

In order to download the CAB, please go to http://w0lfwmcoder.googlepages.com and press the download link.

Enjoy!

mobilecriss

Sep 22, 2008
Bucharest
What languages does your app provide?
The supported languages are:
Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Croatian, Czezh, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Ukrainian, Vietnamese.

mobilecriss

Sep 22, 2008
Bucharest
I'd really like to use your application, but I keep getting this error. I have the latest NET CF and I am connected to the internet.
Hello, AthenaLod!

Several other people have had problems like that and it seems there are other applications that have this problem as well.

I've been looking into it, but with no results so far. When I find something out I'll surely let you know.

I seems to me like a corrupt installation of .Net CF 3.5; maybe you can try to reinstall it and let us know whether this solves the problem or not. The error you are getting is when the application is trying to set a textbox as readonly. shadowmike, for instance, has a similar problem because of the instantiation of a splitter control. These are pretty common operations and I don't know why they would throw any exceptions.

I've found some threads posted by several guys on msdn.com, but there are no answers yet

mobilecriss

Sep 22, 2008
Bucharest
nice app, thanks for that!

Anyone know anything about data traffic?
The data traffic is very close to the size of the text you enter to be translated and to the translated text.

For example, if you translate the text:
Code:
Welcome to xda-developers.com
This site is about certain PDA-phones, made by a firm called HTC in Taiwan.
Their makers named them 'Wallaby', 'Himalaya', 'Blue Angel', 'Wizard' and 
'TyTN', but almost nobody knows them by those names. The mobile provider 
O2 sells them under the brand-name 'XDA', and that's what we had in our 
hands first. They're also known as Qtek, MDA, SX-56, Hermes and many, 
many other names.
from English to French, you will make an upload of about 0.4 kB and a download of about 0.5 kB.
This is an approximation, since I'm at work right now and I don't have the actual sources.

If people find it useful, maybe I can include a feature to show the size of the data which is sent/received, but I don't think there's anything to worry about, because in order to make some serious traffic with it you have to be Shakespeare; I seriously don't think there's anyone who will write a 1MB text on the mobile phone. :p