W812a ROM v1.0.0 (D5, K8 Mini, etc..)

Search This thread

mortakos

Dec 21, 2010
Hello,
trying to flash this on my No1 D5, but when the watch shuts down and the download progress begins, I receive an error "PMT changed for the rom; it must be downloaded". Am I doing something wrong?

Lokifish Marz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 13, 2011
Olympus Mons, Mars
martian-imperium.com
Hello,
trying to flash this on my No1 D5, but when the watch shuts down and the download progress begins, I receive an error "PMT changed for the rom; it must be downloaded". Am I doing something wrong?

Try it with the scatter file attached to this post. Also try flashing only the system, boot, and recovery partitions.

Attachments

• MT6572_Android_scatter.txt
    7.1 KB · Views: 1,007

mortakos

Dec 21, 2010
Try it with the scatter file attached to this post. Also try flashing only the system, boot, and recovery partitions.
I tried the new scatter file, and I also created my own scatter file through MTK Droidtool, I get the same error. I also unticked everything, and tried flashing on BOOTIMG, RECOVERY and ANDROID and I get the exact same error.

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

Right, so it may have been a wrong version of SP Flash tools. I was using version 5.1524.00.000 and I kept getting that error message. I downloaded version 5.1352.01 and it appears to be flashing fine. I am using the second scatter file.

Lokifish Marz

Mar 13, 2011
Olympus Mons, Mars
martian-imperium.com
I tried the new scatter file, and I also created my own scatter file through MTK Droidtool, I get the same error. I also unticked everything, and tried flashing on BOOTIMG, RECOVERY and ANDROID and I get the exact same error.

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

Right, so it may have been a wrong version of SP Flash tools. I was using version 5.1524.00.000 and I kept getting that error message. I downloaded version 5.1352.01 and it appears to be flashing fine. I am using the second scatter file.

Didn't think about folks using older versions of SPTool. Seeing that was the case, then the scatter I uploaded is irrelevant.

mortakos

Dec 21, 2010
Following all the carfuffle with SPTools, the firmware was finally flashed succesfully. Haven't played with it yet apart from hooking up to WiFi. First impression is the Weather DOES work!!! It downloaded the weather for my location within 5 seconds. I will continue playing tomorrow and post back feedback.

Reactions: pablo11

negriton

Jun 28, 2014
Madrid
****! The whole week waiting for this and now I'm traveling without a PC... ?

Enviado desde mi X500 mediante Tapatalk

Elroy_b

Mar 7, 2008
Hi, seems very interesting.
Got 2 questions however 2 things hold me from flashing atm:

Can you write a short how to backup and get back to original (incase of warranty issues)

Did you solve the problem with wifi mac address changes (maybe it is me who just didn't see it in your list of enhancements)

Weather is working fine here on D5..

Lokifish Marz

Mar 13, 2011
Olympus Mons, Mars
martian-imperium.com
@Lokifish Marz
Thanks for your work!

Do you plan to add option DT2W (double tap to wakeup) ?

I've tried over a dozen DT2W solutions, not a single one of them work. So the chances of that is pretty slim.

Hi, seems very interesting.
Got 2 questions however 2 things hold me from flashing atm:

Can you write a short how to backup and get back to original (incase of warranty issues)

Did you solve the problem with wifi mac address changes (maybe it is me who just didn't see it in your list of enhancements)

Weather is working fine here on D5..

Back to stock is a SPTools flash of firmware which has been covered in the respective device threads.

I have not implemented a mac address fix as of yet, wanted to make sure the base is good before I start serious digging.

Your weather is working on stock D5 firmware? I'm surprised. I've repeatedly had it fail after 30mins straight of trying over BT. Even tried it over cellular with the same results. Flashed the Mini firmware and it updates in less than a minute consistently, flash back to D5 and nothing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This project has been moved to the G+ community
    Status Update

Why certain aspects of development progress are slow
    Many aspects of the UI and watchface engine are scattered across multiple apks. To track down say the config for an embedded watch face, or notification config, it requires decompiling apks then searching through all the code to find one line of code. If that line of code is just a reference for another apk, then yet more apks have to be decompiled and searched.

Example, the default watch face and the engine is not only tied into the launcher apk but deskclock and other apks. So instead of watchfaces themselves being handled by a single apk like you would normally see, it's a line here and a line there scattered across multiple apps. As you can imagine this has a serious impact on development time. This would also explain why the launcher has such high resource usage.

I am working on things but progress towards a perfect system is slow. So if I seem short tempered regarding off topic posts, or "it's broke" posts with little to no information, hopefully you can understand why.
    W812a v1.2.0 prerelease

Changes over v1.0.0
    Changed to K9 base
    Full APNs list (or as close as I can find at the moment)
    Mailwise email (more swipe friendly, supports multiple account types)
    Calendar preconfigured to Agenda mode
    Heads-Up preconfigured and working
    Jbak2 keyboard is now default
    Stock KB removed
    SpeechKB removed
    Completely removed gapps and did a clean install
    "Download" in app drawer removed
    Little more pruning and tuning

Battery usage- approx. 2.2%/hr 2G connection, WiFi/BT off with email (30min syncs), weather, calendar sync, brightness set to "1", rotate wake enabled. (this drops to less than 2% if email sync is set to every hour)

Issues:
    1. Data will turn off if not used for an extended period of time, say more than an hour. I'm still trying to find this as stock does the same.
    2. If Jbak2 keyboard updates you will need to copy the jbakKeyboard folder folder back to SD. (This is a jbak issue and not a ROM issue)
    3. Wiping after install removes the preconfigurations, so wipe then restore is is the proper method for now

Why is it a prerelease?- I still need to finish replacing the launcher embedded clocks, hack the stock round keyboard so it uses Google voice search, and a couple other things. It is however daily use ready.

How to install
    (DO NOT SKIP STEPS)
    1. Download zip and extract it
    2. Copy the TWRP folder and jbakKeyboard folder to SD
    3. Reboot into TWRP
    4. Wipe
    5. Restore "W812a v1.2.0 prerelease" backup
    6. Reboot

NOTE-
    *Heads-up is not preconfigured to turn on the display when a notification comes in. If you want this enabled, check the app's settings.
    *When v1.2.0 final is released it will use the XDA DevDB. This means there will be a locked release thread, and an unlocked Q&A thread. At that time this thread will be locked and point to the new thread.
    I need to create APN , I have a sim Tuenty , no APN in my NO.1 D5 .
    I do not get the SMS configuration .
    Does anyone know how I can create u. APN ?

Thanks!

1. Go to Settings > Connect > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names
    2. Tap on the APN name (not the check box)
    3. Tap on each entry you need to edit
    4. Edit the fields and save
    5. Done